• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraiser Logistics: Tips for Hosting a Successful Pampered Chef Event

R
RachelNguyen
I have an opportunity to do a fundraiser for a friend's organization. She is hosting an event which will take place at a retirement home. I would have an opportunity to set up a table and sell Pampered Chef items there.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Can I just have everyone's orders shipped to them directly? I know it means the shipping charges are higher, but since these will be strangers to the hostess, it doesn't make sense for her to worry about processing all the orders.

2. Have any of you done something like this in the past? How did it work?

3. I know I am going to do doorprize slips and give away a gift... but I am also going to donate an item for a raffle so that my host can sell some raffle tickets.

4. What kind of display have you all done?

I would really appreciate any insight you might have!

Thanks!

Rachel

Here are some tips!Hello Rachel
I have a few tips for you. I have done fundraisers but not in this type of setting. It sounds like a good way to sell PC.

Ok for your first question about shipping directly. You always want to keep costs down so that everyone will purchase as much as possible. I know that seperating and getting packages to people is work but it's worth it to keep costs down. I once did a fundraiser for a ministry and told everyone that I would be at the same place we set up at the church on a certain day. I figured with shipping and packaging everyone's stuff, plus reciepts and a day that would work best for me two weeks after we closed the show the date was set. Everyone came by to pick up stuff from noon - 2 pm. I thanked everyone a second time, handed out business cards, and got to know some of the people who later booked shows for me and continue to be faithful customers.
Third comment - A prize is nice and gives you plenty of contacts for the future when they fill out the slip.
Fourth comment - A good display that worked for me is a tri-fold posterboard like the kind kids use for science fair displays, decorated nicely with info on our products. Guarantees, dishwasher safe, gift ideas $20, $30, or $50 and then mention the guest special, have recipes set up to give out, plus flyers on hosting a show and letting everyone know that hosting a show gives the fundraising total $3 more for each booking. Have products set out so everyone can see and give out some sample foods if you can, plus some drinks from the Quick stir pitchers. Tell the fundraiser coordinater that for $15 you can bring PC recipes already made and set out for the people to enjoy as they place their orders (I have always had the person in charge give me money for this).
Have a box set up for the prize slips and have the raffled item displayed nicely for everyone to see. Be creative and have fun!!
Debbie

I am thankful I found this thread! This will help me out big time. Thanks! :D

My very first fundraiser - a success!So, I have decided that I really want the incentive trip this year. So I am trying to step out of my comfort zone.
I decided (pretty spur of the moment) to ask the teachers at my son's preschool if they would be interested in a fundraiser for the school. I made up a poster and gave the school a stack of catalogues and order forms (there are about 70 families) and included a sheet that had a little blurb about how to contact me, what the school would get etc.
It was thrown together in about 2 days (I wanted to do it in February, so I'd get double points) and I gave them until Monday, the 27th to submit orders.
I thought that if I even got $500, that would be great for something thrown together on the fly.
I submitted that show yesterday - a total of $1185! I was pleasantly suprised and the school was impressed with how much money they'd get (I decided to throw in some of my commission)
We're talking about making this a yearly event. :D
So, once again, don't have any pre-conceived notions - you never know what will happen!

Hi Rachel,Thank you for considering hosting a Pampered Chef fundraiser for your friend's organization! It's a great opportunity to not only raise funds for a good cause, but also to showcase our amazing products.To answer your questions:1. Yes, you can definitely have orders shipped directly to customers. In fact, it may be more convenient for both you and the customers, especially if they live far from the event location. Just make sure to inform them about the shipping charges beforehand.2. Many consultants have done fundraisers in the past and it has been a successful way to raise funds. It's important to communicate with the host and organization to ensure that everyone is on the same page and has a clear understanding of the event and its purpose.3. The door prize and raffle idea is a great way to generate more interest and sales. Make sure to promote it and have some eye-catching displays to showcase the items.4. When it comes to displays, it's important to have a variety of products on display, but not too overwhelming. You can use our product stands and risers to create different levels and add some visual interest. Also, make sure to have some products available for customers to try out and see the quality for themselves.I hope this helps and wish you all the best for your fundraiser! Don't hesitate to reach out to your upline or our support team for any further assistance.Happy cooking,
Pampered Chef Consultant

Question 1: Can I just have everyone's orders shipped to them directly?

Yes, you can have everyone's orders shipped directly to them. However, keep in mind that this may result in higher shipping charges for the customers. It may be worth considering offering a local pick-up option for those who are able to collect their orders in person.

Question 2: Have any of you done something like this in the past? How did it work?

Yes, many people have done fundraisers involving selling Pampered Chef items. It can be a successful way to raise funds for a cause. The success of the event will depend on factors such as the promotion of the event, the participation of the host and attendees, and the quality of the products being sold.

Question 3: What kind of display have you all done?

The type of display you choose will depend on the space you have available and the products you are selling. A table with a tablecloth can make for a simple and attractive display. You can also use stands or shelves to showcase the products and make them easily accessible for customers to view and purchase.

Question 4: What kind of promotional strategies have you used?

Some effective promotional strategies for a Pampered Chef fundraiser event include utilizing social media platforms, creating flyers or posters to advertise the event, and reaching out to friends, family, and acquaintances to spread the word. You can also offer incentives such as discounts or free gifts for attendees who bring a certain number of guests to the event.

Question 5: How can I make sure the event runs smoothly?

To ensure a successful and smooth fundraiser event, it is important to plan and prepare in advance. Make sure to communicate clearly with the host and attendees about the event details and expectations. Have all the necessary materials and products organized beforehand and have a clear plan for processing orders and payments. It is also a good idea to have a backup plan in case of any unforeseen circumstances.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LBotzler
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • sprout18