• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraiser Ideas for Cub Scouts (Non-Pampered Chef)

In summary, the Popcorn Sales are slow this year and the Cub Scout Pack is looking for "plan B" if they have a shortfall. Ideas include selling Cookie Dough, Candle Making, Bowling Tournament, and Poker Tournament.
esavvymom
Staff member
Ok, I know PC offers fundraiser options, but in my opinion, not enough profit for what we'd need. Our Cub Scout pack budget to do the basic activities, awards, etc, for the year is pretty high (we have almost 100 boys). We try to cover as much cost as we can...families pay about 50% of the big events (like Blue & Gold, camping trips, etc), and the pack pays the rest of the cost plus 100% of the other expenses through the year (awards, extra parties/derby race, etc).

So the possible issue is our annual Popcorn Sales. So far, things have seemed much slower than in years past. We're starting to look for "plan B" if we have a shortfall.

I thought I'd ask what are some ideas you may have and have had success with. I've looked briefly online and found things like Cookie Dough, Flower bulbs, and fruit. For the cost of product- Cookie Dough seemed the most attractive. It's too late for us to do anything with Holiday Greenery or Fruit.

We've also thrown around the ideas of Pancake Breakfast, restaurant fundraisers (although, I don't think those would bring in much), Krispy Kreme donuts (sell at Sports events at our church- who has ALOT of sports each weekend, or to Sunday School classes, etc).

Our budget is approx. $12,000....so we have a lot to raise. Our popcorn sale is only half over, so I'm not sure how much we'd need to make up.

Ideas? Success stories? I know alot of you are involved in groups like Scouts or PTAs. I'm looking for something other than PC. PC can be an option, but not a primary source, IMHO. 15%, is just not enough, and even if I kick in some of my commission, I need some to pay for supplies.

What about holiday gift wrapping? Talk to your local mall and see if you can set up an area - I see local high school sports teams at ours all the time. You can even see if any local business will donate the gift wrap and tape or have the parents see what they have laying around the house. This will be something that the parents will have to help with but at least if you look into options, you might be able to make a good profit. You can also ask for free will donations instead of a set price if you want. Or price per item, it's up to you.Our local car wash offers fundraisers. Basically you give out a code and the car wash gives you so much back per car wash used with that code.

I do not know what is avaliable in your area but this year here in PA we have a local candle maker who we are working hand and hand with and selling the candles with unique names to our area. I thought it was cute and something different and significant to the amazing area we all live in and do our boy scout events in. Something maybe your area might not have, but there are also different candle companies maybe you could look in to . Good luck.

I'm thinking of things that we have done in dog rescue fundraisers...and I don't know what kind of money has been earned from these but I'll put them out thereBowling tournament fundraiser-$25 entry fee ($15 for kids) and get a team of 4. Or round to $80/team. Also had silent auction items, and little freebies for lowest/highest score, most strikes, etc...they did provide some pizza and sodas. Unsure what was paid to the alley.Poker tournament..may not be most appropriate, but could work. Not sure how the details of that would work, but maybe someone would?Car washDo any of your local groceries ever have hotdogs/hamburgers for sale outside? One of ours brings out the big grill/smoker...I know people have worked with the stores to do a fundraiser by getting proceeds from those sales.

Hello there! Thank you for reaching out about fundraising ideas for your Cub Scout pack. I completely understand your concerns about the profit from PC fundraisers not being enough to cover your budget needs. I have a few suggestions that may help. First, have you considered hosting a silent auction or raffle? You can reach out to local businesses and see if they would be willing to donate items or gift cards for the auction/raffle. This can be a fun and interactive way to raise money and involve the community. Another idea is to host a car wash or bake sale. Both of these can be low-cost to organize and can bring in a good amount of profit. You can even combine them and have a car wash and bake sale event. Additionally, have you thought about reaching out to local restaurants or businesses to see if they would be willing to host a "give back" night where a portion of the proceeds from the night go towards your Cub Scout pack? This can be a great way to involve the community and raise money. I hope these suggestions help and I wish you all the best in reaching your fundraising goals. Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can be of further assistance. Best of luck!

1. Can we host a car wash as a fundraiser for Cub Scouts?

Yes, a car wash is a popular and effective fundraiser for Cub Scouts. However, it is important to check with your local laws and regulations before organizing a car wash. You may also need to obtain permits or permissions from the appropriate authorities.

2. Is selling candy a good fundraiser for Cub Scouts?

Selling candy can be a successful fundraiser for Cub Scouts, but it is important to consider the age and target audience of the scouts. Additionally, it is important to choose a reputable and safe candy company to work with.

3. Can we do a bake sale as a fundraiser for Cub Scouts?

Yes, a bake sale is a popular and easy fundraiser for Cub Scouts. However, it is important to consider any potential allergies or dietary restrictions of potential customers. It may also be helpful to have a variety of baked goods to appeal to different tastes.

4. How can we involve the community in our Cub Scout fundraiser?

There are many ways to involve the community in your fundraiser. You can reach out to local businesses for sponsorships, ask for donations or volunteer support, and promote your fundraiser through social media and community events. You can also consider partnering with other local organizations or hosting a community event.

5. Are there any unique fundraiser ideas for Cub Scouts?

Yes, there are many creative and unique fundraiser ideas for Cub Scouts. Some examples include hosting a scavenger hunt, organizing a sports tournament, or creating and selling a cookbook featuring recipes from scout families. You can also consider partnering with local artists or businesses for a silent auction or creating a custom merchandise to sell.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Hunter Mom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates