• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraising Ideas: How to Engage Without Being Salesy

In summary, a fundraiser should last no more than a week and should focus on getting the host(s) excited about raising funds. Promote the event short and sweet, and make sure to include details about what "qualifying" shows mean.
Niki Kate
I have two fundraisers coming up. Both will have an online component.How long should fundraisers run for? How do I drum up interest? Good games? I'm trying to drum up interest without being salesy.Thanks!

I have a fundraiser show closing today and I'm bumping up against $1500. I think in my case host coaching was invaluable. You get the host(s) excited about raising funds for their organization and they'll tell everyone. My show that is closing today was a cooking show this past Thursday (1/21/16). We had over $250 in outside sales prior to the start of the show, and I think I've gotten another $100 in outside sales after the show from someone who couldn't/didn't attend.I started promoting the show about 2 weeks beforehand. I had the organization post an event on facebook, and make me an administrator of the event. I didn't bombard people, but would put teasers or other small promotional messages on the event page every 2 or 3 days. I also got the organization to email all their supporters, volunteers, etc. and coached them on how even out-of-town people can order and support the cause.I also got 4 bookings at this cooking show. I tweaked a Michael Reeves tip and announced at the show that in addition to the 15% of sales the charity would receive, and on TOP of the $3 per show booked for each show, I personally would donate $100 to the charity from my own bank account if at least 3 qualifying shows were booked tonight (the night of the show), and held and closed by the end of March.I didn't go into details as to what "qualifying" means, although at my full service checkout I explained it to each person who seemed interested in booking ($200 minimum guest sales, etc). Make the promo short and sweet. $100 seems like a lot, but I support this charity anyway, and I only shell out if at least 3 shows close by March 31st. If 3 average shows ($500 each) close by March 31st, I will have sold an additional $1500, meaning about $300+ in added commission. Even if three minimum shows ($200) close, I will have sold $600, with a $120 commission. It's just an extra way to help out the charity and get myself out of a booking slump.The Michael Reeves suggestion was to do this with "regular" shows, and surprise the host with "Now, sally, how would you like to get the set of three stainless mixing bowls, regularly $99.50, ON TOP of your regular hosting benefit, would that excite you?" Then he'd announce that if 3 of her guests would book and close a qualifying show in the next 90 days he would give Sally that set of mixing bowls. He said to pick something around $100 because it takes something big to build excitement and urgency, even though we can add that onto a host order later (with their permission) and only pay $50 for the $100 gift.I modified that suggestion because this show is my first "real" show since I deactivated awhile back. I have had a few catalog shows just to reactivate and (barely) hang on, but this show is going to catapult me back into action!Sorry this was so long, hope some of that will help.Ray Reavis

This was a huge help! Thank you so much!

1. How can I make fundraising engaging without feeling like I'm constantly promoting products?

Fundraising doesn't have to be all about sales. Instead, focus on creating a fun and interactive experience for your supporters. Host events like bake sales, raffles, or auctions that involve your community and showcase your cause. This will generate excitement and make people more likely to want to support your cause.

2. What are some unique fundraising ideas that are not centered around selling products?

Consider organizing a fundraising walk, run, or bike ride. You can also host a talent show, concert, or trivia night. These events not only raise money but also bring people together and create a sense of community. You can also partner with local businesses and ask them to donate a portion of their sales for a day to your cause.

3. How can I promote my fundraising efforts without being too pushy?

Utilize social media, email, and word-of-mouth to spread the word about your fundraising efforts. Instead of just promoting the products, focus on highlighting the impact that the funds will have on your cause. Share personal stories and testimonials from those who have benefited from your organization. This will create a sense of urgency and inspire people to support your cause.

4. What are some ways to involve and engage my supporters in the fundraising process?

Make your supporters feel like they are a part of the fundraising process by involving them in decision-making. For example, you can ask for their input on which products to sell or what type of event to host. You can also give them the opportunity to volunteer at events or share their own fundraising ideas. This will not only make them feel more connected to your cause but also increase their investment in its success.

5. How can I make sure my fundraising efforts are successful?

Set clear and achievable goals for your fundraising efforts. Have a specific timeline and plan in place for each event or campaign. Make sure to also track your progress and adjust your strategy if needed. Communicate regularly with your supporters and keep them updated on your progress towards reaching your goal. And most importantly, express gratitude and appreciation for their support to keep them motivated to continue contributing to your cause.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bunksc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bunksc
Replies
Views
Roadtripray
  • MissyPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies