• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can you help Michelle get a life-saving lung transplant for her and her family?

In summary, the conversation is about a woman named Michelle who needs to raise $50,000 for a lung transplant and is also facing other medical expenses. The person speaking has organized a fundraiser with the help of a Pampered Chef representative and has received a lot of support from friends and family members. They hope to raise enough money to alleviate the financial stress on Michelle so she can focus on her health.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
Ok, so I need a little help on how to promote and a letter to really draw people in.
Here is some background on the situation.
My cousin is 27 years old, she was born with Cystic Fibrosis. One of her lungs have collapsed and the other is about to do the same. She desperately needs a lung transplant.
She needs to raise $50,000 just to be put onto the transplant. Not only that, but her family (which consists of her DH and her 18 mos old son) have to relocate from New Mexico to Denver, CO.
Her whole family is in NM, so all help will be demolished.
She will need money to help not only with the transplant, but meds, living costs, moving costs, and much much more!
I thought of doing a fundraiser along with her church family.
I am in California, and will be covering friends and family here.
Any suggestions?
I am hoping that if I come up with a good letter, give it to family here, then they can pass it around w/ orders and books.
What do you think?
Thanks for reading all of this, and your help is much appreciated!!
TIA

Okay - this is long-but here is some of what I am doing for my friend Michelle - I sent out the following email to my PC email list, have had a great response from that. My Couples Small Group from church all took packets and are collecting orders, Michelle and I belong to a Moms Group together, and they took packets and are collecting orders. I have several people set up with on-line shows who sent emails to friends and family, if they reach $600 in sales it will be considered a seperate show (but with the same benefits for Michelle), if they don't reach $600, I will just combine their orders with the big fundraiser. We have another friend who is a Graphic Artist, who designed a special invitation for Michelle's fundraiser(I can mail one to you - but don't have it on my computer to download here - sorry!)
I also did a modified version of the email I sent, and put a copy of that in the packets I sent out. I have already booked 3 more fundraiser shows for May in honor of Michelle - and the fundraiser itself isn't until April 11th! At the fundraiser I will have more packets to hand out for people to collect orders, and also Host Packets. Because I know her costs will be continuing - I have committed to giving 25% of my commission from every show booked from Michelle's show! It's a big committment - but she is a good friend and an incredible woman! Oh - Michelle also has a "Carepage" and we are putting an announcement on there about the Fundraiser also. (your cousin might consider doing a carepage- they are free for people with serious and/or life threatening illness, and are a good way to keep friends and family updated - carepages.com) and I have put Michelle's story as the lead news item on my website (/cookinwithbecky) and sent a press release to out local weekly newspaper! Hope this helps!

My focus for this email is a Pampered Chef Fundraiser I am holding for my friend Michelle McConkie. At this time, Michelle is in Germany undergoing special Chemo. Treatments not available in the U.S.. Michelle was diagnosed with Breast Cancer 3 years ago at the age of 32. The cancer has since metastasized to her liver and her brain. Doctors here in the States didn't give her much hope - but she is responding VERY WELL to treatment in Germany. Michelle is a wife and mother to 3 yr. old Kyley. She is brave, courageous, and has an unwavering faith in God. (For more of Michelle's story, please visit my website)

Michelle also has a lot of medical expenses not covered by insurance. My desire is to raise enough money through this fundraiser to alleviate that stress and pressure, so that Michelle can just concentrate on healing and recovery. Michelle loves the idea of a Pampered Chef fundraiser - because she feels that not only will people be helping her, but they will be doing so just by purchasing products that they need and can use.( I told her that along with that - every time people use their products, they can think of her and say a prayer for her! ) The Pampered Chef is donating 15% of sales and I am donating my commission, which doubles the amount Michelle will receive. My goal is to see 500 people involved with this Fundraiser, and for that to happen I need help!

There are 3 ways you can help with Michelle's Fundraiser:
1. Come to the Fundraiser - Tuesday, April 11th at 7:00 pm- Byron Lakes Apt. Community Building, 7000 Byron Lakes Rd., Byron Center MI (and please bring a friend or two with you!) You can also order online - go to the "products" section of my website, and when it asks for host/organization - type in MichelleMcConkie (one word)
2. Request a catalog and order forms, and gather orders from your friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers.

3. Book a show in May, June, or July. For every show (Cooking, Catalog, Wedding Shower, or Fundraiser) booked, Michelle will receive an extra $10 into her fund, and I will be donating 25% of my commission for every show held. If all available dates for these months are filled, I will continue on into the following months and keep this going for Michelle!
(As an added bonus, May is Breast Cancer Awareness Month for The Pampered Chef - so when you book a show in May, you are helping Michelle, and also able to help out The American Cancer Society with Breast Cancer Awareness and Research - check out my website for more info about this!)

******One last way you can help - please forward this email to everyone you know! Even those who live out of the area - everyone has the option of ordering and having it shipped directly to them! (They can also book catalog shows!)

Thanks for your time and your help - if you have questions, or would like a packet with catalogs and order forms, please give me a call or email!
Looking forward to hearing from you!

Becky Deemter
Independent Kitchen Consultant for The Pampered Chef
[email protected]

Wow, Thanks Becky!
Can I have your website link?
You can email me at [email protected]
I would like to see how and what you did with that.
Thanks so much for that!

Duh, I found it.
That is so touching!
Thank you so much for this.
It is a true encouragement!
My cousin is so precious to me, especially now her being a mommy!
I couldn't imagine that baby not being raised by his mommy.
Our family is very supportive, and she has an awesome support through her church, it is truly amazing the people God has placed in her life.
I will be doing a letter today, and getting it out to everyone I know.
Thanks Again Becky!

That's how I feel........about Michelle! She has gone thru so much - and wants so much to be healthy for her little one. - It does help to have a great support network, and Michelle also has that thru her family, friends, and church family - It is amazing also how many people have heard her story thru others and want to help - I think any woman who is a mommy or hopes to be one is touched by any other mother's desire, struggle and will to live for their children! Michelle's faith in God, and her peace in all of this are amazing...anyway, I could go on, and on-which is why I'm doing the fundraiser :)
I truly wish you the best with your fundraiser for your cousin! Isn't it nice to have a company where we can do these things?
OH! one more thing - I live in Michigan - and here I had to register an official name with the county to open a special checking account for Michelle's fundraiser. I did this because I wanted people to feel comfortable writing checks - so they can write them to "Michelle's Fund" instead of to me- and that way if they want to write the check for more than the purchase price, they can - and that money will just stay in Michelle's fund. I will transfer the amount to cover the show into my PC account. Does that make sense?

What is a "Fundraiser for My Cousin" with Pampered Chef?

A "Fundraiser for My Cousin" with Pampered Chef is a way for you to support your cousin's cause or organization by hosting a virtual or in-person cooking party. A portion of the sales from the party will be donated to your cousin's fundraiser.

How do I get started with a "Fundraiser for My Cousin"?

To get started, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant or reach out to our customer service team. They will guide you through the process of setting up your fundraiser and provide you with all the necessary materials and resources.

How much money will be donated to my cousin's fundraiser?

The amount of money donated to your cousin's fundraiser will vary depending on the total sales from your party. However, typically 15-20% of the sales will be donated to the fundraiser. Your consultant will be able to provide you with more specific information.

Can I choose which products to include in my "Fundraiser for My Cousin"?

Yes, you can choose which products you would like to feature in your fundraiser. Your consultant will provide you with a list of recommended products, but you can also request specific items that you think will be popular among your guests.

How long will my "Fundraiser for My Cousin" last?

The length of your fundraiser will depend on your consultant's availability and the type of party you choose to host. Typically, a virtual party will last 1-2 weeks, while an in-person party can range from a few hours to a whole day. Your consultant will work with you to determine the best timeframe for your party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • Bill Faber