• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Help a Family Who Lost Everything in a Fire?

In summary, the family lost their house in a fire and the daughter's BF's family is staying with friends.
Hunter Mom
My daughter's BF from kindergarten's family lost their house in a fire last night. IIRC, I can't do a fundraiser for them, can I? If I want to help, I'd have to do a "shower" instead, right?

The good news is (since I'd wonder if I read this) that they all got out ok - even the dog - and are staying with friends for the moment. They'd just moved to a new small town in October. They got some keepsakes out that were packed by the back door to go to the garage after the ice/snow stopped, and they were able to save those. Sounds like the rest is a total loss.

You could perhaps do your own show and advertise it as donating your commission to the cause if that's something you'd feel comfortable doing. Then you could shower the friend with the free product as well (or keep it to offset the commission you're giving up). I did a FR for a friend's organization and offered to put up an extra 5% out of my pocket (commission) to raise additional funds for the organization. I wouldn't do that for everyone though.

I volunteer for a dog rescue and the fundraisers I do for them include a catalog or cooking show where not only do we earn free products to raffle off at rescue events, but I also donate my commissions. In a case like yours, I think that is what I would do. Not only could they earn some kitchen items, but you could also donate any amount of your commission you would like to help them with actual money.

Thanks for the ideas.

I just had the same thing happen to my friends son. They are doing a "fundraiser" so to speak where people are able to buy the victims things for their kitchen if they want as well as for themselves. I offered up my commission on the sale and this is great because people are getting more than their money's worth on the "gifts" they are buying the victims because not only do they get the gift, they are getting at least 20% of it's value in cash from me. It's a double gimme and people love that! I did one like this also for a cancer patient I had never met and people loved it.

Shelly Flanagan said:
I just had the same thing happen to my friends son. They are doing a "fundraiser" so to speak where people are able to buy the victims things for their kitchen if they want as well as for themselves. I offered up my commission on the sale and this is great because people are getting more than their money's worth on the "gifts" they are buying the victims because not only do they get the gift, they are getting at least 20% of it's value in cash from me. It's a double gimme and people love that! I did one like this also for a cancer patient I had never met and people loved it.

So.. how do you enter this in P3? I was just approached last night about doing a fundraiser to help a family offset some extremely high hospital bills. I called home office and they said the only way I could do this was if the family had an account set up at a bank such as "Jane Doe Cancer Fund" I would appreciate any and all suggestions in how to do this.

I'm just bumping this because I also want to know how I can set up a fundraiser for a family

You can do a fundraiser as long as it goes to a company / organization, not a person. Does that answer your question?

One of my consultants just did a $4000 "fundraiser" for a child with Cancer. She set it up as her own show and donated her commission, and the bulk of the free items were put up for auction to raise extra funds. It was a huge success. (And gave her a huge customer base to follow up with)

sells-a-lott said:
One of my consultants just did a $4000 "fundraiser" for a child with Cancer. She set it up as her own show and donated her commission, and the bulk of the free items were put up for auction to raise extra funds. It was a huge success. (And gave her a huge customer base to follow up with)

That's a good idea! I've been trying to figure a way to do this 'medical expense' fundraiser with this family. They don't want to set up an account at a bank. A member of my church just lost their home last night due to a fire, so I may try a 'fundraiser' with them as well and let them select the free products in addition to me donating my commission.

Shelley did the consultant donated her commission or part of it as well? I guess I'm confused on how they would get the money since it's not coming from PC

I checked with the HO and was told that if you want to do a fundraiser for a person, just call it that person's name fund. I've done it that way several times without any problem. Before my daughter had a checking account for her animal shelter I just called it Wendy Lincoln Fund. The check came made out to her.

Chef Bobby said:
I checked with the HO and was told that if you want to do a fundraiser for a person, just call it that person's name fund. I've done it that way several times without any problem. Before my daughter had a checking account for her animal shelter I just called it Wendy Lincoln Fund. The check came made out to her.

But will all banks take it like that? Some will be particular & not take it unless the name on the check matches the name on the account exactly. :(

I have a friend who is a consultant and she recently dida fundraiser for her son who ws having surgery and she just had Pampered Chef write the check out to her church and then thechurch gave them the money. You would just need to arrange this ahead of time with the church or other organization

Brenda.the.chef said:
So.. how do you enter this in P3? I was just approached last night about doing a fundraiser to help a family offset some extremely high hospital bills. I called home office and they said the only way I could do this was if the family had an account set up at a bank such as "Jane Doe Cancer Fund" I would appreciate any and all suggestions in how to do this.

I did it as a cooking show, because I did a live show. The people who attended bought for the family from their wish list and bought some things for themselves. Everything that was on the list they didn't get, they were able to get from the free product/half price etc.

I donated my commision from this as my choice, and they are using it to buy other items for their home. I wouldn't have had to do it, but they are great friends so I wanted to. They will now have a completely stocked kitchen when the new house is done. Plus I got two bookings out of it.

Any ideas for the flyer invitation for a family shower/fundraiser? I just had one book for March.

What is a "Fundraiser for Family, Or..." event?

A "Fundraiser for Family, Or..." event is a fundraising opportunity offered by Pampered Chef that allows individuals or organizations to raise money for a specific cause or charity. It involves hosting a cooking show with Pampered Chef products, and a portion of the sales from the event will be donated to the chosen cause.

How does the "Fundraiser for Family, Or..." program work?

The program works by first selecting a cause or organization to support. Then, the host will work with a Pampered Chef consultant to schedule a cooking show event. During the event, guests will have the opportunity to purchase Pampered Chef products, and a percentage of the sales will be donated to the chosen cause. The host and consultant will work together to promote the event and reach a wider audience to maximize the fundraising potential.

Can anyone host a "Fundraiser for Family, Or..." event?

Yes, anyone can host a "Fundraiser for Family, Or..." event. It can be hosted by individuals, schools, churches, sports teams, or any other organization looking to raise money for a good cause. Pampered Chef makes it easy for anyone to host an event and support their community.

What are the benefits of hosting a "Fundraiser for Family, Or..." event?

Hosting a "Fundraiser for Family, Or..." event not only supports a good cause, but it also provides a fun and unique way to raise money. Guests will have the opportunity to try out Pampered Chef products and learn new recipes while supporting a meaningful cause. Additionally, the host can earn free and discounted products as a thank you for hosting the event.

How can I get started in hosting a "Fundraiser for Family, Or..." event?

To get started, you can reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant or visit the Pampered Chef website to find a consultant in your area. The consultant will help you select a cause, plan the event, and provide support and resources throughout the process. You can also find more information and resources on the "Fundraiser for Family, Or..." page on the Pampered Chef website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI