• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Practical Suggestions for a Large Group Fundraiser?

In summary, Suzy is doing a Fundraiser for Houston Horizon Chorale and has found letters and proposals on this site. This group has 110 members.
Suzy Englert
I've just found out that I will be doing a Fundraiser for Houston Horizon Chorale and have appreciated the letters/ proposals I've found on this site. This group has 110 members!!

Has anyone done a Fundraiser of this type before and have some practical suggestions-what to give each member, etc.? Of course this will be set up on my website as well. And is 2 weeks usually a good time to hold open a Fundraiser?

FYI-I send out a montly e newsletter, and this fundraiser came via a referral from a customer who gets my monthly e newsletter-so you never know what kind of response you are going to get from your newsletter!

I'll keep reading the Fundraiser threads, but would appreciate any input you'all have.

Thanks!!
Suzy in Texas

Awesome Suzy!!!! Hope it goes well for you. I haven't done a fundraiser before, so don't have any advice, but wanted to say CONGRATS!!!!

I do one for a Mother's Day out group each year! Always great! It is about 80 families. I do 1 catalog and 5 order forms in a large manilla envelope. On the front of the envelope I put my page with instructions and possible earnings. Make sure you tell everyone to return their orders in their original envelopes to you know who to deliver to!! Learned that one the hard way :)

I do the same - order forms, 1 catalog and instruction sheet in a manilla envelope. I only do 3 order forms, and I make sure that they put the ordering customer's name and the name of the person in the organization on the top of the order form.

Congrats and Good Luck!!!

You might invest in a bundle or two or three of the mini catalogs and be sure they are stamped with your contact info, then have folks leave them around town.Do an "open orders" thing as others have suggested, but also do a cooking demo - come to the end of their rehearsal and do a trifle or something to get folks excited and host their own shows. Offer a bonus to the group for any shows scheduled from their membership or family/friends ($10 to the group for each qualifying show or so).If you have access to a hotplate/electric burner, pre-bake puff pastries for 3-onion goat cheese tart; will wow them and has a gourmet touch. Good luck!

I use the colorful pocket folders to put the catalog(s) and order forms in right pocket. In left pocket I put instruction sheet with instructions to my website with their link. (These folders are available right now in back-to-school sections anywhere from .7 to .15 cents!! Generally they are 75 cents - so buy them now for all parties and fundraisers -- plan ahead for the year!)On the front of the folder I put a sticker on top corner with their info:
Deadline
When They'll Get Product
How to Get to Website to OrderFor catalogs - I've been putting one or two regular catalogs and two mini catalogs. Whether I include one or two regular sized catalogs really depends on the group. I include 5 order forms. We have a kick off - where I show them the products - explain how website works. I make a dessert for this.Re: one or two catalogs - almost every fundraiser I have done with only one catalog - the feedback was "I wished I would have had two or three catalogs". I've started including two - that way if they have an office they can leave one there - and still have one to show. The mini catalogs are handy when someone has to leave a catalog for someone to look at -- they aren't leaving their main catalog and loosing the opportunity to continue selling elsewhere.You do lay out some money in the catalogs - but this comes back in the long run -- and it is also a write off and advertising. I had one catalog last year that a gal called me before Christmas from -- she told me what the front cover said (from sticker) and I knew it was floating around from a previous fundraiser -- that resulted in over $200 sale and a booking too. (Which in retrospect covered all the cost of those original catalogs.)

I forgot! Those colorful folders are available right now as back to school supplies almost everywhere from 7 to 15 cents. NOW is the time to buy these for all upcoming shows -- and fundraisers. Generally they are 75 cents.

I have a youth football & cheerleader Teams going on now with 248 kids . I did the same with the folder I used reg size catalogs and also put the lables with instuctions in the catalog
In mid Sept I am doing the middle school for the 3 rd time 1000. students
Yuck alot of lables I will use the MINI catalogs and a long white envelope
1 year was good 2 year not so good it was in the spring

Be sure you put the lables on the catalog not just the folder or envelope , Also I used the 2 copy order form be sure they put the name on it from the organization .If you are delivering the products you will not know who they sold too only there name .
also I donate a product so they can raffle it off so they can make more money good luck

I have 3 going right now and sealing the deal on a 4th one and they will have 250 kids grades 4th through 8th grade and I do a large envelope with 5 order forms and 1 catalog and flyer staying what they could earn and the current specials.

I did my 1st fundraiser last year for 30 kids from an after school program and they did over 2200 so I am looking forward to the 3 i have going now and the 4 th one. I hope that helps and the person who was in charge of the last year fundraiser she did really good about getting the catalogs back i got like 25 of them back out of 30 and I they all were happy with the turn out.

Thank you all for the great suggestions! I have been reading the Fundraiser thread and found some great files and letters. Patiently waiting to hear from the chairperson-she is a busy person.

Suzy in Texas

The Fundraiser is going great! So far there are over $1000 in online orders-and they have until the 12th to collect orders! WAHOO!

Suzy in Texas

Hey Suzy in Texas....
I'll be doing a big fundraiser for a big non profit group in our area. PLEASE...let me know what worked for you and what didn't. Did you go with two catalogs and 5 order forms and how do you decide where to have it shipped. Is it coming to you and you're dividing it among the orders in each envelope? I've only done fundraisers for small goups like families in need and have no idea where to begin with this. I'd love to hear your "from start to finish" results.

Vickie in Oregon

Hi Vickie,
Why don't you email me your questions to: [email protected]

Tomorrow I collect the orders and hopefully will be able to answer your questions. Today's online total is $1900-I'm so excited! And with 70 members (hopefully) collecting orders, this could be big!

I am having the entire order shipped to my house. When I set up the Fundraiser I did not think about asking the organizer (we were originally going to have the entire order shipped to her house) if she would be in town the week after we collected orders, so the orders could be sent to her. As it happens she will be out of town the 16th-24th. Since I'm sending in this Sept. show tomorrow, it will probably arrive during that time. I'm ok with this, but in the future I will definitely ask the coordinator of a Fundraiser if she will be in town the week after we collect orders, so everything can be sent to her/him!

Suzy in Texas

Could I ask if the group approached you or if you approached them? I had two groups approach me in August and neither group followed through. It was quite odd to me, but at least I hadn't spent any money yet! LOL!

Someone from the group approached me. I emailed a proposal letter and did not hear back after a week. I emailed the contact again and she did respond-was going to contact me that day:) Always ask and follow up!

Suzy in Texas

Suzy, I am trying to get a fundraiser under my belt. Would you mind forwarding me your proposal letter you have or at least offer some points of interest to include in the letter. Thanks so much. I'm really excited to get one up and running.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions with this fundraiser. Total sales?$8581.55-I can't believe it! The organization did a great job and I am really proud of them. Now I can talk specifics about the success of having a Fundraiser at my shows. WAHOO!

Suzy in Texas

That is AWESOME Suzy!!! I just started PC. How do fundraiser work what % do they get? What % do you get or do you even get a %?

Wow!! That is amazing! Great work Suzy!

Yes, very nice!Jonna, the organization gets 10%-15% depending on show sales. The consultant gets 15% until they hit $15,000 in career sales, then it's 17%. Full rules are in the policy guide. HWC fundraisers get more donated by PC.

So would you definitely recommend giving a full catalog as opposed to a mini catalog? I have a 230-member fundraiser coming up and I am debating. Thanks and congrats on your success!!

I'm doing a fundraiser for the local school's PTO for 564 kids & staff. I opted for the full size catalogs for two reasons ... 1) I'm new to this Military Base so it's good advertising. 2) Parents don't always have time to sit at the computer to look at the full catalog online. By giving them one, they can flip through it while stirring dinner on the stove, sitting at their child's sporting event/dance class/karate class, etc.

Sheila said:
I'm doing a fundraiser for the local school's PTO for 564 kids & staff. I opted for the full size catalogs for two reasons ... 1) I'm new to this Military Base so it's good advertising. 2) Parents don't always have time to sit at the computer to look at the full catalog online. By giving them one, they can flip through it while stirring dinner on the stove, sitting at their child's sporting event/dance class/karate class, etc.

In addition to what Sheila has said, if you have the upfront cost, buying large quantities of catalogs is a better idea simply because of advertizing. You'll earn the amount back multifold because if just half the people order just $10 in products, you've already paid off those catalogs.

Do what works for you! If you have a super computer saavy crowd, the mini's would probably word fine. If you can't afford full catalogs you don't want to borrow or charge the expense. But if you can afford it financially and think that you could benefit from the advertising, then it's probably a justified expense. ;)

Did anyone email Suzy and hear back from her? I emailed her at the email she posted and haven't heard. I just wanted to hear her exact experiences and tips on what went well with her fundraiser. If you have a message back from her would you mind sharing? Thanks!

Hi all,

Will check to make sure that I have the current email listed here-sorry for any delays. Here is some info about my Fundraiser:

Mine was for a womens' chorus ( 70 members; about 40 or so ending up participating)-everyone got 1 catalog and 7 order forms, and the fundraiser was set up on my website as well. Set a cut off date. Be sure that the organizer will be in town when the order is due to ship-or it's even better to have it shipped to you (as I did, 21 boxes to sort) but then I knew what to look for, and several ladies did help sort and take the orders to one of their rehearsals.

Find out what they are raising funds for and try to make a connection-I'm a musician so it was easy for me to relate to these ladies. I also dangled some "carrots" - prizes for the top 3 sellers and everyone who sold $150 or more had their name put in the hat to win a Food chopper. You don't have to do these things but I did, and was amazed at the sales-$8581.55. Remember that our commission is only 15% for a fundraiser.

You asked what worked and what I would do differently:

What worked was, for me, making the connection was the organization. Since I'm a musician, and the group raising Funds was Houston Horizon Chorus, I told them I had sung in choirs, and a musician, my husband is a musician, etc. so they would know that I was more (?) than just the PC lady. I think this worked, along with giving prizes for the top 3 sellers and one Food Chopper. In the future I might make those less expensive prizes-I don't have a lot of PC stock on hand but did get these prizes at 30% with my PC discount. The only thing I might do differently in the future is not to offer my 5% donation, along with PC's 15% donation. That ate up some of my paycheck, but then again, it was a BIG paycheck!

I do have 2 documents -a proposal letter and the letter that went in the information packet along with the catalogs-but I do not know how to attach them here. Feel free to email me at: [email protected] and I will be happy to email them to you.

Everyone here is always so helpful-my apologies for not responding any sooner:)

Suzy in Texas

Thank you so much for sharing Suzy! I am wrapping up the preparations for a fundraiser and wanted to make sure I was offering the best of what's out there. I hope that it will go well. I do have a personal connection with the group as it is my daughter's preschool. They want to buy new playground equipment.

Thanks again!!

I'm just in shock! Great job! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Suzy said I could post these for her. There is a proposal letter, a letter for participants and a label for the packets.

Attachments

• fundlabels.doc
    35 KB · Views: 500
  • fundletter.doc
    32 KB · Views: 408
  • houstonhorizons.doc
    42 KB · Views: 359
Thank you for the info and the attachments...I've just sent off a letter to a local organization, using the template provided!

Hi all, I am working on a fundraiser for my son's strings class in middle school. The teacher is concerned about the children getting the shipping and tax correct on the forms. Any ideas on how to make this easy for them? Thanks a bunch!

do show shipping and calculate the tax on that now. Middle schoolers are old enough to correctly calculate a total x 1.08 for 8% tax or total x 1.065 for 6.5% tax. Or, have folks enter their info online (enter the show as Scholname Fundraiser) and the software calculates it for them!

1. What are some practical suggestions for a large group fundraiser?

Some practical suggestions for a large group fundraiser include creating a clear and achievable goal, promoting the fundraiser through various channels such as social media and email, offering a variety of fundraising options such as selling products or hosting events, and involving the entire group in the planning and execution process.

2. Has anyone done a fundraiser of this type before and have some practical suggestions?

Yes, many people have done fundraisers for large groups before. Some practical suggestions from those who have experience include setting a timeline and sticking to it, utilizing online platforms for easy payment and tracking, and providing incentives for members to reach their fundraising goals.

3. What should we give each member for participating in the fundraiser?

The type of incentive or gift given to each member can vary depending on the fundraiser. Some ideas include small gifts or tokens, recognition on social media or in a newsletter, or a percentage of the profits from the overall fundraiser. It's important to consider the cost and impact of the incentive on the overall fundraising goal.

4. Is 2 weeks usually a good time to hold open a fundraiser?

The length of a fundraiser can vary, but it's typically recommended to give at least 2-3 weeks for members to participate and reach their goals. This allows for enough time to promote the fundraiser and for members to make their sales or donations. However, the length can also depend on the type of fundraiser and the group's availability.

5. How can I make the most out of my monthly e-newsletter for fundraising?

Utilizing your monthly e-newsletter for fundraising can be a great way to reach a wider audience and generate interest in your cause. Some tips for making the most out of your newsletter include including a specific call to action related to the fundraiser, highlighting the impact of the fundraiser and how it will benefit the group, and offering exclusive deals or promotions for those who participate through the newsletter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • erinhoward