• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Advice for Fundraisers: A Christian School Story

In summary, In order to raise money for a school fundraiser, a local Christian school told one mother to handle it. She sent out letters, a packet, and an order form. After a week and a half, she sent a letter reminding everyone and recapping the information she had sent out. The fundraiser ended with 3 orders and the mother feels awful. She said she will bring it up at the PTA meeting.
KennethandTiffany
:confused: Help! Does anyone have any advice for fundraisers?! I have one going with a local christian school (85 kids). One of the moms did a show for me and wanted to do a fundraiser. Apparently the school is only allowed 2 fundraisers a year, so they told this mom to handle it and just donate the money to the school. I sent a letter out 1 week before it started telling them about it, then I sent out a packet with another letter, a catalog and several order forms. After a week and a half, I sent home another letter reminding everyone that it was almost over and recapping the previous info I had sent out. Our three weeks were up yesterday and only 3 kids turned in orders! There were about 15 orders, plus 5 orders had been placed through our website. The mom feels awful, and she said that she will bring it up at the PTA meeting on monday in case anyone forgot to turn them in. I guess since it was a parent sponsored fundraiser and not a school one then maybe there wasn't enough hype about it. Does anyone have any suggestions? It will still be over $1000, so they will get $150+ for the school, I just thought that with 85 students and the parents being very involved with the school, that we would have seen a MUCH larger total. They said if it went well then they would do it again next year, but I don't know if it's worth it if they aren't promoting it at all! The materials alone cost me well over $50, although I will be making at least $150 in profit. I don't know!!! I guess I was just expecting it to be much better, and now I am kinda let down!

With fundraisers with kids, you have to offer some sort of sales incentives.

I'm doing one for a church youth group. I'm talking with the youth pastor about some options--like a $50 gc for the top sales and a $10 gc for all kids with sales over $250.

Another director in our area did this with a high school sports team and they sold $9k worth of PC!

We did offer an incentive to the top seller and the kid with the most orders. We also offered a pizza party to the class with the highest sales, although I am not sure about that now. I picked up the orders turned in so far and only 7 kids total collected orders, out of 85. I will still be doing something for the kids with the most orders and highest dollar amount, but I am not sure about the pizza. I will be in the hole if I do that, but I did say that I would. I just don't think it's fair to award the whole class when only one child in the class collected orders. Any input on how to handle that? I guess next time I need to put a minimum sales amount for the class to win. But, the fundraiser is at $1200 right now, on a positive note! I had hoped for more, because I really wanted the school to be impressed with the results. Maybe they still will be, seeing that with only 7 kids participating, they still made almost $200. Imagine if 40 kids had participated! Oh well, hopefully there will be a few more orders on monday!

I had pretty much the same thing happen to me in January. 70 families at a daycare center. Only 10 turned in orders!! It was over $1000, but then I donated 10% of my commission, next time I'm only offering 5%!!! I offered a gift to highest seller over $300, no one turned that in (thank goodness) because I would've been even more in the hole. However, they want to do another one possibly in Oct, before the holidays, they do about 5-6 fundraisers a year. I got one booking and a possible recruit, so all is not lost, and it wasn't much work for me.

ange

Not so bad!Well, my fundraiser ended up being over 1700 and I booked a show! Not as bad as I thought!

Congrats! That's so great!

1. How can I make our fundraiser more successful?

There are a few things you can do to make your fundraiser more successful. First, make sure to set a clear goal and communicate it to your supporters. Also, offer a variety of products at different price points to appeal to a wider audience. Additionally, don't be afraid to get creative and think outside the box for unique fundraising ideas.

2. What are some effective ways to promote our fundraiser?

Utilize social media to spread the word about your fundraiser. Also, consider reaching out to local businesses to see if they would be willing to donate or sponsor your cause. Don't forget to also involve your school community by sending out flyers or newsletters.

3. How can we involve our students in the fundraising process?

It's important to involve students in the fundraising process to make it more meaningful for them. Consider having them help with setting up and running the fundraiser, or even coming up with their own creative ideas. You could also offer incentives for top sellers to motivate and engage students.

4. What are some effective ways to track our fundraising progress?

There are various tools and resources available to help track your fundraising progress. Consider using online platforms that allow you to set up a fundraising page and track donations. You could also create a spreadsheet to keep track of sales and donations, or use a thermometer chart to visually display your progress.

5. How can we make our fundraiser align with our Christian values?

Think about incorporating Christian-themed products or activities into your fundraiser. You could also consider partnering with local Christian businesses or organizations to support your cause. Additionally, make sure to communicate the purpose and mission of your fundraiser in a way that reflects your Christian values.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rebeccasmith
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
rebeccasmith
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies