1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser Fundraiser chairperson entitled to the

1. Kimberlymmj

Kimberlymmj Member

Help Whip Cancer recipe board for free and hostess benefit? We are giving the hostess benefit as a raffle.

May 6, 2009
  2. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

No. It's indicated in the fine print that the recipe card holder is for cooking/catalog hosts, not FR chairpersons.

May 6, 2009
  3. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

Personally, I do not think that is fair. The Chairperson is allowed to buy the host special, why exclude them from this? And it being HWC too!

4. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I personally think PC is missing the boat with fundraisers. They should pay the same commission rate to consultants as cooking and catalog shows. Also, they really need to up the percent they pay FRs. It isn't fair that consultants feel they need to kick in extra, out of their already decreased commission, to bring us anywhere near other FRs. My moment of complaint. Sorry.

May 6, 2009
  5. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I understand your frustration. I've heard that HO says that fundraising isn't a focus of PC. If they did the above they would have to raise prices. I also think you would have a lot of people wanting to call their show a fundraiser and just take cash intead of product.

6. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I can't see where they'd have to raise prices -- they don't give FPV or 1/2 price to chair people, they cut our commission, etc. Oh well. They are definitely a greater expense for me with unreturned catalogs, etc. I can live with it, though.

May 6, 2009
  7. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

The FPV and other benefits don't cost HO the full retail. If HO has a cost of, say, 30% of retail, then a $1000 show host is getting $70 net cost in FPV. A $1000 FR nets the group $150, or twice the amount.

May 6, 2009
  8. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Think of the unreturned catalogs as advertising. I put a sticker on the front that asks them to pass them on.

Have something to add?