• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraiser Advice Needed...will This Hurt Efforts?

In summary, the customer plans to organize a PC fundraiser for her son's high school power lifting team and also wants to include a jewelry lady at the same time. I don't like this idea, and approached the "Open House" method, but I think the sales will be decided and this will hurt her/our fundraising efforts. The problem is the time...has to be done the weekend after Easter or it is too late.
missyciccolella
I have a customer who is organizing a PC fundraiser for her son's high school power lifting team. This popped up quickly so we are under a time crunch...she also wants to include a jewelry lady. Basically do both on the same day to the same crowd pretty much at the same time. I don't like this idea, and approached the "Open House" method, but I think the sales will be decided and this will hurt her/our fundraising efforts. The problem is the time...has to be done the weekend after Easter or it is too late.

I was thinking to arm the team with catalogs and a flier of some sort to hit the road and Internet to collect orders from friends and family, and maybe do a demo with the jewelry lady as well despite my feelings about that.

What do you guys think? I haven't done many fundraisers, and those I have done are small (like this one)...open to all suggestions!
Thanks!

PS I'm scanning the files/threads for additional info and tips...thanks!

My open house last year was a fundraiser, and I had a Premier lady there as well. Not only was it the best attended open house I've ever had, but it raised a lot of money for the organization. Personally, I think it was better for the organization because Premier CONSULTANTS decide how much they will donate (mine did 25%), and I donated another 10% of the sales as well. It was an $400+ show for both of us. Now, would that have been an $800 show for me (and 25% of the same amount) if she wasn't there? I doubt it. Jewelry hit a whole different area of the brain. People did their kitchen shopping with me then went to her. We both did demos (VERY short), as did the organization's people.

I don't know if that helps answer your question or not, but I thought I'd let you know what worked for me. (By the way, it worked so well, I'm planning to do the same thing this year. I had it planned and had to reschedule.) Best of luck!

Oh, and I would give some sort of incentives for reaching a certain level of personal sales. Like, for every $150 in orders they collect you'll give an extra $5 or $10 or something like that?? Of course, that's your money you'd be eating.

Thanks Jane...good info to consider. I'm not sure what jewelry company this lady is with, but I know it is not Premier. I really didn't want to steer the team down the wrong path and hurt efforts...they need money and quickly so I hope this works out. Thanks!

If guests know ahead of time that it's a fundraiser, they're more likely to bring additional spending money with them than if it were just a 2-company party for a host. (Does that make sense? I know in my head what I mean...)Absolutely send the the team out with order forms and catalogs - they'll see people over Easter that won't be able to come to the open house. And families are usually prime "targets" for fundraising. I'd also set each member of the team up as a host on your PWS, so that people who order online can just type in the name of their student. You can greatly increase the sales by taking those online orders, and letting the boys know they can contact friends and relatives out of town.I think that the short time period will actually work to your advantage. The boys will be less likely to set the materials aside and say, "I have time to get to that later" and then completely forget about it. There's a sense of urgency now.

Good point Ann, and we have spring break sandwiched in there too...no telling who they will be seeing. I'm chatting with the host later this weekend so you guys have given a lot to think about. Thanks!

1. How can I make sure my fundraiser is successful?

In order to have a successful fundraiser, it is important to set clear goals and objectives, communicate effectively with your supporters, and offer a variety of products that appeal to a wide audience. It is also helpful to have a designated team to help with planning and execution.

2. Will offering a discount on products hurt our fundraising efforts?

Offering a discount on products can actually be beneficial for your fundraising efforts. It can attract more customers and increase sales, ultimately resulting in a higher profit for your fundraiser. Just make sure to still price your products competitively and consider the cost of the discount in your overall fundraising goal.

3. Is it better to have a longer fundraiser or a shorter one?

The length of your fundraiser will depend on your specific goals and objectives. A longer fundraiser may allow for more time to reach a larger audience and generate more sales. However, a shorter fundraiser may create a sense of urgency and result in higher sales per individual. Consider your target audience and adjust the length accordingly.

4. How can I keep my supporters engaged throughout the fundraiser?

Communication is key when it comes to keeping your supporters engaged. Provide regular updates on the progress of the fundraiser, share success stories, and offer incentives for reaching certain goals. You can also utilize social media and email to keep in touch with your supporters and remind them of the fundraiser.

5. What are some creative ways to promote our fundraiser?

There are many creative ways to promote your fundraiser, such as hosting a kickoff event, partnering with local businesses, utilizing social media influencers, and offering special deals or promotions. You can also create a sense of competition among your supporters by setting fundraising goals and rewarding the top contributors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tys1031
  • lmradlein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lmradlein
  • kittychef