1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser Fund-Raisers where do I start?

1. Chef Diane

Chef Diane Member

I want to do fundraisers but I don't know where to start. I have a list of churches in the area, but I don't know what to do with them. Do I call them or send a letter to the office? And is there somewhere I could get such a letter? :confused:

I also went to the ACS website, but didn't get any information other than 3 offices in the area, but I again I don't know what to do with this information.

As for schools do you all call them or send a letter or both? :confused:

Can you tell Im new at this LOL :eek: I have overwhelmed myself. Anyway any information would be very helpful at this point.

Thanks Diane

Mar 2, 2006
  2. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

new too

Okay, I'm new too, but have some thoughts.

First, a letter won't get you anywhere unless you follow up with a phone call so call and get a name and then send info. Find out if they're even interested. I did this with our local Literacy Council. They were very respective to hearing more and I sent a letter. They still want more time. I don't think they will do anything but I don't think it was a waste of time. I did know a little about their fundraiser so was able to pitch a particular way for them to do this will very little effort (of course the pay off won't be great but I'll get my foot in the door for next year).

Second, unless you are targeting a special mission trip or youth group I don't the a church would be interested. My church youth group sells cookies at Christmas so I'm trying to consider how to approach them to sell a batter bowl cookie mix instead or in addition ot what they already do.

Third, think small. Think of your friends or neigbhors that might have a cause that they are passionate about. Ask them to host a fundraiser. I have a neighbor who has a trust fund in memory of her daughter. They give away about $500 a year in scholarships to Y programs so need some money but nothing huge. She didn't even consider hosting a show but when I suggested this, she listened. I found what motivated her! Next week we're doing it. About 150 moms at her daughter's preschool, all her mom's group friends and her neighbors will be invited and encourage to do an on-line order.

I guess my whole point is to find someone that believes in something and talk to them. Don't spend your wheels sending out random letters to a "dear sir" cause it probably won't get anywhere.

Good luck...BEE

Mar 2, 2006
  3. daffycrazy

daffycrazy Silver Member

I have a question....is our commission the same on fundraisers as it is on regular cooking or catalog shows? I'm new to PC and I'm still trying to figure everything out. :)

Mar 2, 2006
  4. DZmom

DZmom Veteran Member

Your commission on Fundraisers is either 15% or 17% depending on whether or not you've got your 15000 in Commissionable sales yet.

Mar 2, 2006
Have something to add?