• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Fund raiser Dilemma

sandilou

Advanced Member
Silver Member
Oct 9, 2009
I have a lady that wants to do a fund raiser for a cause to help inner city kids. Her idea was not to do a standard PC fund raiser, but to use host benefits like a mystery host thing to raise the money. She wants to collect $50 dollar donations for 1 chance, and $50 and $300 dollars in orders for 5 chances (which seems icky to me). She wants raffle off the 1/2 off benefits for $10 a chance -- which HO said no way (yay). Any ideas how I can make this work? My head spins whenever I try to think about it. HO says we cannot have flyers or anything else that says 'fund raiser' and 'Pampered Chef' if it is not one of our regular fund raisers.

TIA for your ideas!
Sandi

pchockeymom

Veteran Member
Jan 1, 2011
This kind of fundraiser is done by holding a regular show, letting people purchase items for themselves and the organization. Then use the host benefits to create a variety of auction options. Then you take the auction items (those purchased to donate and the host benefits) and they then hold an auction/spaghetti dinner type event. You as the coordinator can offer to provide as your "donation" the half price and host specials (out of your pocket). So instead of getting a check from PC, they are getting the opportunity to have way more money donated via the auction.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
I think the bottom line is you CAN'T make it work the way she wants to do it. It goes against policy.

If she wants to put together a nice gift basket of PC Products that people can purchase raffle tickets for a chance to win, that would be one thing.
Or she does a standard fundraiser event -host a dinner or a theme show, ie- an appetizer party, or some sort of "mixer" party where guests come to mingle, have food/drink, and shop. Something simple.

Or a combination of the two ideas! Have a gift basket there that night for entries, people can still order their own items as well. Or they get entries for the gift basket based on the size of their order too.

sandilou

Advanced Member
Silver Member
Oct 9, 2009
This kind of fundraiser is done by holding a regular show, letting people purchase items for themselves and the organization. Then use the host benefits to create a variety of auction options. Then you take the auction items (those purchased to donate and the host benefits) and they then hold an auction/spaghetti dinner type event. You as the coordinator can offer to provide as your "donation" the half price and host specials (out of your pocket). So instead of getting a check from PC, they are getting the opportunity to have way more money donated via the auction.

So are you saying a 2 event deal? Do a regular show, then do an auction/dinner using the host benefits from the 1st event?

I would like to keep this as simple as possible. I just have a gut feeling this isn't gonna fly. The lady moved here 1 year ago and doesn't know that many people. I do think she knows lots of people all over the place. She has done lots of traveling and has worked Alaska, Calif., Wyoming.

Keep the ideas coming! :D

Sadi