1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fun Times at Shows!

1. diradt

diradt Member

I am not sure where this goes but I had to share....

I had a show Sunday that was supposed to have 15-20 people and about 6 showed...no biggie. However they brought SIX kids .... the oldest being 6, then 4, 3, 2, 2, and 4 months. Now I love kids, I dont consider them a hindrance...in fact I carry a kids apron in my tote in case someone brings their one child who is sitting there bored....but FIVE kids under 4 in a small apartment---what were these women thinking.

That being said, they were relatively good considering the number and the small amount of space. I was shocked to see that the mom's sat their butts on the coach and expected the hostess to tend to their kids, serve them plates, and ward off all arguements---but maybe this is how this group does it.

The fun part was at the end....the 3 year old stuck a bead up his nose! I work in an ER---kids do these things so I wasn't all that shocked but Mom was just so embarassed. I asked her if she would like me to get it out and she said yes---so I took tweezers and got the bead out. LOL Whoda thought!!!

The kicker was that she left without buying ANYTHING. At least if I save you an ER co-pay, you could buy a mix-n-chop! LOL

Aug 4, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

The hostess probably told her friends "Oh- just bring the kids, it will be fine!". My recent host almost did the same thing (I about died)...thankfully she didn't.

Just goes to show who's serious about their show and who's just looking for a free caterer! :D

You did well to maintain your composure. And way to be the hero! Thankfully- all shows are not like that! :)

Aug 4, 2009
  3. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

LOL!!! Kids add a different flavor to the show, that's for sure!!

At one of my favorite hosts shows I held the hosts 1 1/2 year old daughter all throughout the demo. I dubbed it my "One-armed Cooking Show". The sales were so good I asked if I could borrow her daughted in the future.

I love that you take aprons for the kids, if they are old enough I put them in charge of the door prize tickets. Some kids pass them out like there is no tomorrow and others seem to require written proof that the guest gets one.

4. cwinter474

cwinter474 Veteran Member Gold Member

Love the idea on the kids apron, my extra is going in my kit today. What a great idea. Thanks

Aug 4, 2009
  5. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Kids can definitely be a distraction. However, remember that the idea is for people to come and have fun. I don't mind children at my shows--even if they're unruly.

Aug 5, 2009
Have something to add?