• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chaos and Beads: My Experience with Kids at a Small Home Show

In summary, the speaker had a show with fewer guests than expected but was surprised when they all brought young children. Despite the added chaos, the speaker handled it well and even saved the day by removing a bead from a child's nose. Unfortunately, the host did not make any purchases but the speaker learned to be prepared for anything at future shows, including providing a kids apron. Other speakers also shared their experiences with children at shows.
diradt
I am not sure where this goes but I had to share....

I had a show Sunday that was supposed to have 15-20 people and about 6 showed...no biggie. However they brought SIX kids .... the oldest being 6, then 4, 3, 2, 2, and 4 months. Now I love kids, I dont consider them a hindrance...in fact I carry a kids apron in my tote in case someone brings their one child who is sitting there bored....but FIVE kids under 4 in a small apartment---what were these women thinking.

That being said, they were relatively good considering the number and the small amount of space. I was shocked to see that the mom's sat their butts on the coach and expected the hostess to tend to their kids, serve them plates, and ward off all arguements---but maybe this is how this group does it.

The fun part was at the end....the 3 year old stuck a bead up his nose! I work in an ER---kids do these things so I wasn't all that shocked but Mom was just so embarassed. I asked her if she would like me to get it out and she said yes---so I took tweezers and got the bead out. LOL Whoda thought!!!

The kicker was that she left without buying ANYTHING. At least if I save you an ER co-pay, you could buy a mix-n-chop! LOL

The hostess probably told her friends "Oh- just bring the kids, it will be fine!". My recent host almost did the same thing (I about died)...thankfully she didn't.Just goes to show who's serious about their show and who's just looking for a free caterer! :DYou did well to maintain your composure. And way to be the hero! Thankfully- all shows are not like that! :)

LOL!!! Kids add a different flavor to the show, that's for sure!!

At one of my favorite hosts shows I held the hosts 1 1/2 year old daughter all throughout the demo. I dubbed it my "One-armed Cooking Show". The sales were so good I asked if I could borrow her daughted in the future.

I love that you take aprons for the kids, if they are old enough I put them in charge of the door prize tickets. Some kids pass them out like there is no tomorrow and others seem to require written proof that the guest gets one.

Love the idea on the kids apron, my extra is going in my kit today. What a great idea. Thanks

Kids can definitely be a distraction. However, remember that the idea is for people to come and have fun. I don't mind children at my shows--even if they're unruly.

What are the best games to play at a Pampered Chef party?

Some popular games at Pampered Chef parties include "Name That Kitchen Tool," where guests have to identify different kitchen utensils blindfolded, and "Recipe Roulette," where guests have to come up with a dish using random ingredients.

Do I have to buy something at a Pampered Chef party?

Attending a Pampered Chef party is completely free and there is no obligation to buy anything. However, if you do decide to make a purchase, you can earn free products and discounts through the host's rewards program.

Can I bring my own ingredients to a Pampered Chef cooking party?

While the host will provide all the necessary ingredients for the recipes being demonstrated, you are more than welcome to bring your own ingredients if you have any dietary restrictions or preferences. Just let the host know beforehand so they can make accommodations.

What if I don't know anyone at the Pampered Chef party?

Pampered Chef parties are a great way to make new friends while learning about and trying out new kitchen products. Don't be afraid to strike up conversations with other guests and get to know them. Who knows, you might find a new cooking buddy!

Can I host my own Pampered Chef party?

Absolutely! Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a fun and easy way to earn free products and discounts. Just reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant and they will help you plan and host a successful party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • soccermama
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies