• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun Booth Activity: Win Prizes at our Home & Garden Event Tomorrow!

but they have to come in person.If you have time, order mints from Oriental Trading Company, they have single mints wrapped.I might put my order in tonight for the mints.
chefcharity
I have a booth set up tomorrow at a home and garden type of thing. I am batting around the idea of doing something fun there. I just cannot put my finger on what it is. I am thinking some sort of game at my booth where they can win a prize. My show is a lot of fun and I would like to convey that to them there.
I ususally take the new items and some classics (cookware, dcb) and pass out old catalogs or mini catalogs. I think tomorrow, I will have some balloons to draw their attention to me. But can anyone think of an activity.....

The first thing that came to my mind, well -it's kind of cheezy...but you never know. Fill a small batter bowl or something with PINK M&M's (think Breast Cancer) or something Pink if you can find it. They have to guess how many are in there and fill out a door prize slip with their info, and their guess. If you have a PC item like the small batter bowl, you could make the prize that bowl, plus it's contents :D - for whoever gets the closest guess. If you don't have a PC item you can give away on such short notice, then any jar or something and then say they'll get a $20 gift certificate (that can only be used through you) - or a sampling of Season's Best that you might be able to put together with a Reusable Shopping Bag or something.But I'm thinking it might be a fun way to get folks to enter your drawing and fill out those slips! Gives you a chance to chat with them a little possibly too. And be sure to look at the slip before they walk away! Tell yourself to Thank them by their first name....so you can peak and see if they expressed interested in a show or business- so you can give them info there!! Don't let them walk away if you can (that's the mistake I made last time).So maybe that will get the ball rolling on some other ideas though! Good luck! (And hand out recipe cards too if you have them. They may be less likely to toss them.)

Oooh I love that idea!! I'll have to steal it.

I'm going to steal that idea! I have to figure out something that would fill the Trifle bowl (I'm thinking I would have to buy too many M&Ms). Maybe something like fun-size candy bars?

Guess it didn't seem too cheezy after all! Steal away! I'm going to try to use it for one of my upcoming events too. :D

I don't think it is cheezy at all! Thanks for the idea!

Excellent idea.....consider your idea nabbed!:D

My recruiter bought some little rubber duckies, and floats them in the trifle or collapsible bowl. They are marked with a "prize" on the bottom. I'm pretty sure that she charges $1 and always makes a killing! (She makes grab bags for the prizes, some with candy, pencils, surprise box items from NC, orange peelers, SB's, etc.) It's a big hit with the kids and adults.

straitfan said:
My recruiter bought some little rubber duckies, and floats them in the trifle or collapsible bowl. They are marked with a "prize" on the bottom. I'm pretty sure that she charges $1 and always makes a killing! (She makes grab bags for the prizes, some with candy, pencils, surprise box items from NC, orange peelers, SB's, etc.) It's a big hit with the kids and adults.

Nice. Thanks! Don't know if I can charge - guess I could donate the proceeds to Help Whip Cancer.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I'm going to steal that idea! I have to figure out something that would fill the Trifle bowl (I'm thinking I would have to buy too many M&Ms). Maybe something like fun-size candy bars?

I have found Dove Chocolates in mini's, Hershey's Kisses in Pink, (I bought these last month for my relay niext month) you could also use small bags of M&M's.

If you have time, order mints from Oriental Trading Company, they have single mints wrapped.

I might put my order in tonight for the mints.

:chef:

Well, I found pink whoppers for the guessing game. I looked for ducks, but couldn't find them for tonight. I might use them next time. I usually do a booking thing where if they book at the fair between this date and this date, they get a $20 product at show, between this date and this date they get a $15 product, then a $10 product. It is usually on a piece of paper that they sign up on, but I am thinking of letting them just choose a duck with an amount on the bottom if they book a show in the next month. I have another event next week. I might try that there.

wow these are all great ideas and I wish I had seen them before now. It's too late to really plan anything for my booth tomorrow but I'm doing one with another consultant next weeken too, so I'll run it by her. I love CS!!!:D

whiteyteresa said:
I have found Dove Chocolates in mini's, Hershey's Kisses in Pink, (I bought these last month for my relay niext month) you could also use small bags of M&M's.

If you have time, order mints from Oriental Trading Company, they have single mints wrapped.

I might put my order in tonight for the mints.:chef:

The event is next Thursday night, so I'm going to add it to my list. I'm donating a Trifle bowl, so this is a great idea!

BlessedWifeMommy said:
The event is next Thursday night, so I'm going to add it to my list. I'm donating a Trifle bowl, so this is a great idea!

WOW! You give good gifts! I'm more of a - something off the outlet kinda girl. Trifle bowl, huh? Can I enter? LOL!

chefcharity said:
Well, I found pink whoppers for the guessing game. I looked for ducks, but couldn't find them for tonight. I might use them next time. I usually do a booking thing where if they book at the fair between this date and this date, they get a $20 product at show, between this date and this date they get a $15 product, then a $10 product. It is usually on a piece of paper that they sign up on, but I am thinking of letting them just choose a duck with an amount on the bottom if they book a show in the next month. I have another event next week. I might try that there.

Let us know how this works! I do a LOT of trade shows and I'd like to do something like this next time.

Well, I did my fair and it worked well. They liked playing guessing game. It was something different than just signing up for a door prize. Next week i'm going to try the ducks to see if I can book more shows right then. Only booked one today with 3 more needing call backs this week.

I also put a HELP WANTED sign up. Looking for positive, goal oriented people who would like to have fun at work! I have room on my team for YOU!! Right next to it I put a picture of my family. I got 3 leads to call back tomorrow! It really made people stop and look.

Do you have pictures to show us ? ? ?

Could you explain more on how you did this ? ? ?

And what you said to the people ? ? ?

What about pink Marshmallows ? ? ?

I have seen them around also

they have cute ones at Christmas time

just wondering

whiteyteresa said:
Do you have pictures to show us ? ? ?

Could you explain more on how you did this ? ? ?

And what you said to the people ? ? ?

I did not take pics of the booth. I have attached the help wanted sign. I treated the guessing game like any other door prize really. Just asked if they wanted to make a guess. I counted the whoppers when I got home and I'll call the person with the closest guess.

The help wanted sign, I just started in with 'have you ever thought about doing something like this' or 'what questions can I answer for you about the Pampered Chef business'. Then go from there. I wanted to be careful to stay away from 'now hiring' or 'you can make $25 an hour'. Since we are independent, we do not technically 'hire' and we do not technically make an hourly wage.

One lady I was talking to is going to have a show but is thinking of signing too. When I told her that her show could be her first show and she would make the commission, she was floored! When I told her I would be there to help and support her - I think that clinched it!

Thanks for the ideas! I'll post my results of the duck draw - if I get any - next Thursday!

Attachments

• help wanted.pub
    22 KB · Views: 527
Sorry to say but I don't have Publisher

But thanks for sharing

I love that Help Wanted sign. I too do not have Publisher but was able to open it to view it. I made one in word and here is my version for those who use word and not publisher.

Attachments

• Help Wanted.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 636
Thanks, Katie for converting it. I was going to, just hadn't had the chance yet!

whiteyteresa said:
Sorry to say but I don't have Publisher

But thanks for sharing

Here is a PDF.

Attachments

• help%20wanted[1].pdf
    16.3 KB · Views: 348
Fabulous Idea!
Great to shake up the door prize - getting the guest info!

My Director gave an actual Help Wanted sign and I have used it in my booths.
I think I will add to it w/this one.

Thanks a lot! :)

Does she keep the money or is it part of a donation? Just wondering if that's typically allowed. Since they are buying a chance at something, I think that's considered gambling. I love the idea for a booth I have coming up that is a fundraiser though. Thanks for the idea!!

As for ways to get names, if it's a big booth, I do a gift certificate. People like that they get to choose and it doesn't matter where they live, they can still use it. For smaller ones, I actually just ask if they'd like to be updated on what's in our online outlet. My goal is to get email addresses so I can have contact with them every month.

straitfan said:

Does any one know where I can find bags of pink m&m's like tonight or something similar?? I may if I can't find anything else go to Ac Moore or michaels and buy the colored chocolate melts but think m&m's would be cheaper!!!! Any help would be appreciated. TIA!!!!!!

kcmckay said:
Does any one know where I can find bags of pink m&m's like tonight or something similar?? I may if I can't find anything else go to Ac Moore or michaels and buy the colored chocolate melts but think m&m's would be cheaper!!!! Any help would be appreciated. TIA!!!!!!

I should have went to Michaels first. I found them there. They were on clearance too!!:) They were $2.99 a pack vs. 5.99. Still expensive though. I hope I got enough because I bought all the pink ones they had left.

At our local CVS Pharmacy, I was finally able to find Pink Dove's (dark and milk), Pink York Peppermint patties, and one bag of Pink Hershey's kisses. None of the other drug or grocery stores or Target had anything here either. I paid about $3-4 a bag depending. I've split it for two small batter bowls (I have a booth this weekend and next weekend).But I hope they don't melt! :D *outdoor events*

Hi, I'm new to the site. I am doing my first table in awhile in two weeks. It is for a fundraiser for Special Olympics. Unfortunately, my only experience with things like this is that business is only done among all of the home party consultants who attend because so few people show up. What should my goal be? Bookings and recruits? Or can I realistically expect to make any sales? On the invitation I received, it said that we are encouraged to bring some cash-and-carry items, but of course that's not how PC operates. I would like to have something to contribute to the fundraiser.

Oleolep said:
Hi, I'm new to the site. I am doing my first table in awhile in two weeks. It is for a fundraiser for Special Olympics. Unfortunately, my only experience with things like this is that business is only done among all of the home party consultants who attend because so few people show up. What should my goal be? Bookings and recruits? Or can I realistically expect to make any sales? On the invitation I received, it said that we are encouraged to bring some cash-and-carry items, but of course that's not how PC operates. I would like to have something to contribute to the fundraiser.

Welcome! I think if you approach those who are attending and let them know orders placed will count toward the fundraiser for Special Olympics you might get some orders. I highly suggest getting everyone's contact info by giving something away in a drawing. Good luck!

esavvymom said:
The first thing that came to my mind, well -it's kind of cheezy...but you never know. Fill a small batter bowl or something with PINK M&M's (think Breast Cancer) or something Pink if you can find it. They have to guess how many are in there and fill out a door prize slip with their info, and their guess. If you have a PC item like the small batter bowl, you could make the prize that bowl, plus it's contents :D - for whoever gets the closest guess. If you don't have a PC item you can give away on such short notice, then any jar or something and then say they'll get a $20 gift certificate (that can only be used through you) - or a sampling of Season's Best that you might be able to put together with a Reusable Shopping Bag or something.

But I'm thinking it might be a fun way to get folks to enter your drawing and fill out those slips! Gives you a chance to chat with them a little possibly too. And be sure to look at the slip before they walk away! Tell yourself to Thank them by their first name....so you can peak and see if they expressed interested in a show or business- so you can give them info there!! Don't let them walk away if you can (that's the mistake I made last time).

So maybe that will get the ball rolling on some other ideas though! Good luck! (And hand out recipe cards too if you have them. They may be less likely to toss them.)

What do you think about doing this at a community yard sale? We have a table at the pool area this weekend in my neighborhood and I'd really like to get "in" with the neighborhood (I'm fairly new here so I don't know a lot of folks). My director suggested I do a chopper demo while holding the yardsale, and no disrespect but I think people might think I'm really nutso if I do that. I thought the guessing game might work...what do you all think?

I also tossed around a clipboard Outlet Email Newsletter signup and possibly a calendar page for Carribean Jerk Chicken Salad and Lemony Gingertinis sign up. Thoughts?

ButterflyVioletta said:
What do you think about doing this at a community yard sale? We have a table at the pool area this weekend in my neighborhood and I'd really like to get "in" with the neighborhood (I'm fairly new here so I don't know a lot of folks). My director suggested I do a chopper demo while holding the yardsale, and no disrespect but I think people might think I'm really nutso if I do that. I thought the guessing game might work...what do you all think?

I also tossed around a clipboard Outlet Email Newsletter signup and possibly a calendar page for Carribean Jerk Chicken Salad and Lemony Gingertinis sign up. Thoughts?

I think you should approach it just like a booth. Have your table set up with several displays....trifle bowl if you have it....the Dinnertime in No Time Set Flier, Show/Host rewards.

Doing a guessing game or the duckie game would be fun, and a great way to get contact info. What about most of the "prizes" on the ducks are a "free cooking show/class".....you could provide a "party in a bag - plates, napkins, utensils" and they still provide the ingredients.

I love the clipboard newsletter sign up.....another great way to get that contact info.

Be sure you talk to everyone and let them see how fab you are....people will want you for their party.

Will try and think of more........

Be careful of "yard sales", I did one 2 weeks ago and everyone thought all my stuff was for sale and kept handling it and one man almost broke my chopper twisting the top, no one cared about my business, just wanting to buy cheap stuff. I didn't get many leads and ended up leaving before 11am. I don't plan on doing anymore yard sales.

As for the guessing game idea and Help Wanted sign, I love it, I too am going to "steal" this and use it. Thanks a bunch!

I second the warning about yard sales. You may find some PC junkies, but most people will be looking for bargains and not want to talk to you about PC.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I second the warning about yard sales. You may find some PC junkies, but most people will be looking for bargains and not want to talk to you about PC.

I've had the same experience with yard sales. Next weekend, DH is doing a garage sale here, and I'm just going to have a little table w/ mini catalogs, and a sign-up sheet for more info and to be placed on my Newsletter list. No more of people wanting to buy my stuff for 50 cents....:rolleyes:

I went garage selling last weekend with my tote and PC shirt on.... I made 3 new contacts! Think about it... who has garage sales usually..... moms! So, 3 of the yard saleees asked for a catalog. I carry mini's so I gave them that and got contact follow up info.

So, be sure to wear your PC shirt if you are throwing the yard sale!

Thanks for all of the input, this keeps my expectations in check. Glad I didn't consider the "demo" idea...

We had already signed up to do the yard sale, we have a bunch of nice stuff that I'm too lazy to ebay or regift so we are participating and just thought it might be nice for folks to know I'm the "neighborhood PC lady" while we are there.

I'll do the batter bowl M&M guess and give that away. I'll set out a few catalogs since I got so many with the new consultant paperwork enhancement. I did a little clip board sign up that I'm attaching. And I'll wear my cute little pink logo cardigan, smile and wish the rain clouds away. No stress....

Attachments

• Newsletter Sign Up.doc
    48.5 KB · Views: 533
I saw single color packs of M&M's at Staples yesterday

It was a bust in general. Nothing is a wasted lesson. I spent hours culling items, pricing, packing carting to community site, unpacking, displaying, hanging out...I sold $3.75 worth of tiny things and spent $4. Nothing on the PC newsletter or guessing game. I think I'm done with yard sales. I'm going to either Freeycle or Ebay from now on

Sorry this is long- but I had to share my recent results from two booths. Back to the "count the candy" in the bowl idea....I have had 2 booths in the last 8 days. *ugh. I'm tired!* The first one didn't work so well. I Planned badly- I bought the various chocolates in the pink wrappers for Breast cancer awareness. But it was 87+ degrees at an OUTSIDE event. It was a very slow event, and I just put the Bowl (I used the Small Batter Bowl) in my cooler to keep it from becoming ONE big piece of chocolate. :DYesterday I did it again- but with Starburst candies that wouldn't melt. It was about the same temp, but felt better (rained off and on and nice breeze). But I had a MUCH better result. The street fair was by far, much busier than last week's event. Some people saw my sign and the bowl and then I'd explain further about winning the Bowl and the Season's Best if they had the closest guess...so they'd take a stab at it. Some people, I invited to enter because we were talking about PC, etc, and I'd mention my newsletter, and "Oh, by the way- I'm giving this away to the entry with the closest guess." I had 21 entries, with 5 "Maybe" shows, and 3 "Maybe" recruit leads, and 4 shows BOOKED on my calendar. *and this was on a day that was pouring rain at times!! Beautiful at other times- fortunately more so than the rain.*I was able to get the Bookings on my calendar on the spot by offering a "Today only" special of the "Party in a Bag". I put together Dollar store gift bags - they each had
  • Pk of 24 Dessert Plates
  • Pk of 24 Beverage napkins
  • Forks/Spoons/Knives (16 each)
  • An older Season's Best Cookbook
  • Free Cooking Show Coupon
  • $15 Gift Certificate- good AT their show (I put on there that it Expires end of August- so they have to use it this summer, and that they had to have a qualified show of at least $150.)
  • Current Catalog
  • A show planner guide, Wish List & Invitation List, plus a SAS-Envelope to mail the invitation list to me. I included my Invitation list- I made this after listening to a training seminar...it's something they can send back to me and includes address/email/phone- unlike the Planning guide list.
  • "6 Ways to have a $1000 Show" flyer that I made based on the May CN article about Cindy Golding
  • topped off with a little colored tissue paper, and a PC Logo label on both sides of the bag so they advertised for me as they walked the show!
.My flyers and such are attached here. I modified them from items I found on this site. But these bags were really cute...I had found bright primary color bags with beaded handles- they looked like mini-purses. I put a 2"x4" label on each side with the logo on it that I printed at home. A few people said they saw those bags and wondered where they came from and found me. :DSeveral people did stop and look at the sign I printed up by the bags, but mostly, when we were talking and they'd mention interest in hosting a show, or checked off "Maybe" or "Yes" on the drawing slip, then I'd just tell them "If you would like, if you set a date for your show today, you can get this Party in a Bag (then I'd explain what was in it and the value to them- about $35 value, with the food, gc, etc). We can always change your date if you get home and realize it doesn't work for you. I'll call you to confirm it with your schedule." And I got 4 people who said yes, and several who just weren't confident enough in their schedule to say yes on the spot but want me to call them later for sure. :thumbup: At one point, I had two people I was coaching at the same time (one "Maybe" who didn't book but wants one in the fall), and one who booked for June. It was nuts!! But in a great way. My DH was there part of the time and loving it. This whole business has forced me WAY outside of my box. He's the extrovert, so he's loving seeing me come-into-my-own so to speak. :DSo I was very excited by the results, and a big THANK you to all of you who have heartily shared ideas. So I'm paying it forward hopefully to someone who needs some ideas too.

Attachments

• AddressList-for-HostPacket.doc
    62.5 KB · Views: 446
  • 6 Ways to Have a $1000 Show.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 886
  • Large-Logo-Contact2.doc
    84.5 KB · Views: 551
  • Blank amount gift certificate-at Show.doc
    75.5 KB · Views: 812
  • Free Cooking Show Coupon Flyer.doc
    47.5 KB · Views: 721
Wow Bobbi -

I was just about ready to give up on booths/fairs. I can't get anyone to sign up. So I'm going to try this. I have a few coming up in June so we'll see.

WOW I am new here and new again to PC. I LOVE this message board! Wonderful resource that I will share at my monthly meeting!! Jennifer

esavvymom, thanks so much! I have a booth at a vendor/townwide garage sale on Saturday and am going to get my husband busy working on all this for me!

I've got one more this coming Saturday also...Hoping it works as well the second time around as it did the first! :DOnly NOW, I'm going to be sure to ask everyone not only the 'best time to call', but the best number! I've had two people now snap at me for calling them on their cell phone at work! Like I was supposed to know it was their cell phone (they put it under home#) and that they were at work?! Here's an idea.....if you can't talk on the phone while at work- DON"T ANSWER IT!!! GRRRR!! Anyway...now I know what to ask. :D It's so intimidating and sucks the wind out of you when you finally get the courage to pick up the phone...(it happened to me today, can you tell?!)Good luck though! Report how it goes! :)

Thanks, good tip, I have thought of that before but never quite asked then always get VM!

Well, I wouldn't have minded VM compared to what I got. It's all I can do to not snap back. :D

Bobbi, I changed mine up a bit for the bags...I used beach pails and put in everything you mention, and the stickers on the side. I am going to try something like the balloon bonanza and attach balloons to the handle of the pail. That way, they will really stand out as people walk around. I only made five so I wouldn't jinx myself...then I can also say the "free" party is only for the first five bookings.

Did you use the regular door prize slips?

Cool idea!! Love the beach pails, or using something different like that! I'll have to remember that.Yes- I do use regular door prize slips. I have a ton, and am already printing enough stuff to choke a horse! Good luck! Let us know your results.

Will do! I'm trying to get ready now but procrastinating!!!

I switched the 'help wanted sign' to a jpeg. try opening it now.

Judy help wanted.jpg

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• caraighan
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • etteluap70PC
  • Pampered Chef Booths