• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficient Full-Service Checkout Strategies for Business Success

In summary, customers are uncomfortable about the full-service checkout and feel like they can't ever find a semi-private spot to drop their orders.
krackley
So, I try to do a full-service checkout. I'm all prepared! I have three piles of info - recipe cards, info about the business, and host packets. But, I feel like I can't ever find a semi-private place to take other's orders! There's always people around, which wouldn't always be bad, but some customers are really uncomfortable about me even saying their total price out loud, much less asking them if they would like to host a show, or get more info about the business!

I try finding a location that's good (the table in the back corner of the kitchen, or something like that), but I'm still swamped with people!

Any ideas?

Are they standing around waiting to put in their own order? Tell them to just drop their orders in a pile and you'll work from the bottom and call them up when it's their turn.

yeah, that's usually what they're doing. I guess that would work out well .. . I do tell them that I'll work from the bottom of the pile up, they just want to sit on the couch right next to where I am with a customer or something! Now, if it's a bigger house with an entryway or 2 different living rooms or something, it's much easier. It's just lately that they've been 'hovering'. . . that's all.

I tell my guests during the wrap up that I will take their orders one by one in such and such room or spot, if there is anyone that leaves early please let me know and come in first. They tend to get the hint that I don't want hoverers. If they don't get the hint, I too ask them to leave their order on the table and I will call them when I am done.

Do you talk to your hosts during HC and tell them you will need a separate area for your checkout? Somewhere that is close but not too close to where you do your demonstration. That way they will be prepared to have an area cleared and ready for you.
Also, I do the same thing about taking the orders. I tell them to put their orders in a pile on a table or chair close to where I'm doing my checkout and I'll pull from the bottom of the pile and call them back when ready.

It's so frustrating to try to do a checkout with a line of people chattering away. They don't always listen when I asked them (with a smile) to leave their orders and I will call them.:grumpy:

Also, I always tell my guests to place their orders face down. This way, their orders are confidential.

These are great tips - thanks so much! I can't wait until i can actually CONTRIBUTE valuable tips to you guys instead of taking away all your good stuff! :) I have another show Thursday - I'll try it out.

I let my customers know that I will be working from the bottom of the pile up and that I have a special basket for them to put their orders in. I also tell them I will be needing to only work with one person at a time in case someone wants to pay by credit or debit card and I like to respect their privacy. It usually works like a charm.

You'll always have those antsy Annies who want to go while you're working with someone else. Just make sure you tell them you'll be with them as soon as possible and you want to make sure you are able to give them your complete time and attention so you don't miss out on giving them any free items they may have earned as a guest special.

I am having problems with the checkout also. I called out people's totals at my last show and I felt bad about that later. Telling them to leave on the bottom of the stack and calling them up sounds good. I liked the comment about the credit card.

So much to relearn after being away from the business for awhile.

While you're wrapping up, ask them if anyone has to leave right away, and then play "checkout tag" where you give each guest a # (starting with anyone that has to leave right away) & go around in a circle. Then you can call the next number. And you can tell the one that you've just finished up with to go ahead and "tag" the next person in the other room and let them know it's their turn.

Also, as far as checking out, I was told to always set up checkout near the exit, so if people try to leave you can acknowledge them by saying "excuse me" to the person you're working with & asking the one leaving if they've had a good time & then thank them for coming. This way they know you're not going to jump up & chase them for the sale, but you can follow up in a few days with them and perhaps turn that no sale into a sale or potential booking.

I have these problems too. When I do sit away from everyone, I tend to get a line. And when no one comes I go stand and wait and answer any questions they have and then people tend to hand off their order to me and ask me to total it for them.

These are great tips and I will be sure to announce that I want to work with only one person at a time.

I always let them know to put the order forms in a pile and I will pull from the bottom. They will be called when it's their turn due to privacy since we are talking about money. Be sure to let them know that privacy is important.

One of the speakers at the 5-Star Customer Service workshop I attended at NC had great wording:If you’ll stack your orders in my basket, I’ll take them in order. I’ll add your shipping/handling and tax and then call you up to arrange payment. Remember, this isn’t like at school. You can eat while you finish your assignment.

1. What is a full-service checkout strategy?

A full-service checkout strategy is a comprehensive approach to streamline and expedite the checkout process for customers. It involves creating an efficient flow from the moment a customer enters the store to the point of purchase, including the use of technology, trained staff, and proper organization of products and payment methods.

2. How can a full-service checkout strategy benefit my business?

Implementing a full-service checkout strategy can benefit your business in multiple ways. It can improve customer satisfaction by reducing wait times and providing a seamless checkout experience. It can also increase sales by encouraging impulse buys and reducing abandoned carts. Additionally, it can save your business time and money by increasing efficiency and reducing errors.

3. What are some key components of an efficient full-service checkout strategy?

Some key components of an efficient full-service checkout strategy include having designated checkout areas with adequate space for customers and staff, using technology such as self-checkout kiosks or mobile payment options, having well-trained and friendly staff, and ensuring products are properly organized and labeled for easy scanning and purchase.

4. How can I train my staff to execute a full-service checkout strategy effectively?

Training your staff is crucial for the success of a full-service checkout strategy. This can include teaching them how to use technology, such as POS systems and self-checkout kiosks, effectively. They should also be trained on proper customer service etiquette and how to handle various payment methods. Regular refresher training sessions can also help to keep your staff updated and efficient.

5. Are there any potential challenges when implementing a full-service checkout strategy?

While a full-service checkout strategy can bring many benefits, there may be some challenges to consider. These can include the initial cost of implementing technology, the need for proper training and maintenance, and potential resistance or confusion from customers. However, with proper planning and execution, these challenges can be overcome to create a successful full-service checkout experience for both customers and your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • linojackie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • emiscookin