• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Fukushima Research: Experts Needed for Air Quality Testing in Dallas

In summary, the purpose of the air quality testing in Dallas is to assess the levels of radioactive materials from the Fukushima disaster and understand its potential impacts on the area. The testing and research is being conducted by a team of experts from various organizations, using specialized equipment and methods. While the risk to public safety in Dallas is expected to be low, this research is important for a better understanding of the long-term effects. The testing and research may take several months to complete and the results will be published for public access.
Sheila
Gold Member
I'm looking for experts with the right equipment who are interested in researching the effects of Fukushima. I just e-mailed Arnie Gunderson with Fairewinds and Ron Chesser, director for the Center of Environmental Radiation Studies at Texas Tech here in Dallas to see if either one would be interested in coming to the house when our household goods arrive to test the air before the shipment arrives, the air outside the crates & the air inside the crates when they are opened. Wanting to see if there are any differences and/or if there are any concerns with the property coming into the house. Hopefully the answer will be no ... but I don't want the kids sleeping on beds, laying on couches or playing with toys that might be contaminated.So if anyone knows anyone who's doing Fukushima research, has the funding to come to Dallas & the equipment to do the testing ... feel free to make the referral! I'd love to help them with their research.And, if they come up with a negative result, it will be good information to present to the US Government! If there are major concerns, they need to do something soon to get the families out of Japan and out of harm's way.

Hi there,I am not an expert in Fukushima research, but I am interested in following this topic and learning more about the effects of the disaster. I think it's great that you are taking proactive steps to ensure the safety of your family and your home. I hope that Arnie Gunderson and Ron Chesser are able to assist you with testing and provide valuable information.In terms of funding and equipment, have you considered reaching out to universities or research institutions? They might have the resources and interest to conduct this type of testing. Also, have you looked into any government agencies that may be conducting research on Fukushima? They could potentially have the funding and equipment necessary.I hope you are able to find someone to assist you with this important research. Best of luck!

Hello there! As a pampered chef consultant, I am always interested in supporting research and promoting safety in our homes. I have reached out to some of my contacts and will keep you updated if I hear back from anyone who may be able to assist with your request. In the meantime, I would suggest reaching out to local universities or environmental agencies who may have the resources and expertise to conduct air quality testing. Thank you for taking proactive steps to ensure the safety of your family. Best of luck with your research!

1. What is the purpose of the air quality testing in Dallas for Fukushima research?

The purpose of the air quality testing is to assess the levels of radioactive materials from the Fukushima nuclear disaster in 2011 that may have reached Dallas, Texas. This will help researchers understand the potential health and environmental impacts of the disaster on the area.

2. Who is conducting the air quality testing and research?

The testing and research is being conducted by a team of experts from various organizations, including the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), and local universities.

3. What methods are being used for air quality testing?

The experts will be using specialized equipment, such as air samplers, to collect air samples in different locations around Dallas. These samples will then be analyzed in a lab to measure the levels of radioactive materials present.

4. Is there a concern for public safety in Dallas due to the Fukushima disaster?

Based on previous studies and data, the levels of radioactive materials from the Fukushima disaster are expected to be very low in Dallas and not pose a significant health risk to the public. However, it is still important to conduct this research for a better understanding of the long-term effects of the disaster.

5. How long will the air quality testing and research take?

The testing and research may take several months to complete, as it involves collecting and analyzing multiple air samples. The results will be carefully analyzed and published in a report for the public to access and understand the findings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
minirottie
Replies
Views
annew