• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Unresponsive Hosts? Here's How to Handle the Frustration

In summary, this host has not responded to messages or calls from Ashley since last week. Ashley is concerned because this is the second host she has had that have not been able to communicate and have not shown up for their party. Ashley is considering whether or not to hold the party on Sunday, and is considering whether or not to contact past hosts to see if they would want to take the slot.
AshleyAllison
Ugh...I have been in contact with this host since March and after she moved and got settled into her new home we finally scheduled a show for this coming Sunday (July 15th). I have not been able to get in touch with her since last week. I am so frustrated, I only have her old address because she hasn't given me the new one yet and she has not responded to email or phone calls. I left her a brief message just politely letting her know that I need to know if we're still on for our party on Sunday and haven't heard anything.

What in the world should I do? This is the second host I've had do this in the last month. The first one, in June, let me go until the night before her show and sent me a message via facebook stating she needed to reschedule.

How would you handle this?

I would leave her a message (via all methods you have - phone, text, email) and let her know that unless you hear from her by Wednesday, you will consider her show cancelled because you don't know her address! Do you know someone she was inviting or someone who knows her? Maybe they can tell you how to reach her?Unfortunately, it is a strong possibility she's MIA and you won't hear from her. It just depends on if she actually sent out invitations (I assume you did not, since you don't know the location of the show. ;)).

Aw, that's too bad. :( Some people just don't realize the stress this can cause on us. Well, if you don't have her address, I guess there's not going to be a show. Do you happen to have her cell phone number? Maybe try texting her? If you just called her, then I'd give her till Wednesday and then call again. I'd say that you're looking forward to her show, but since you haven't heard from her you aren't sure if she's still planning on it. Remind her that you don't have her address, so you are unable to come unless she gives you a call. I'd say that sometimes things come up at the last minute and so you understand if she needs to reschedule, but you'd appreciate her letting you know so you can make plans either way. If you don't hear from her by Friday, you'll assume the party is cancelled and will make other plans.

I agree with Amanda & Bobbi. Use all of the contact methods you have, and leave the same message on each. Be pleasant. Check your tone to make sure you don't sound upset or accusatory. Say something along the lines of:Hi, Holly Host. This is Ashley, your Pampered Chef Consultant. I'm excited about our party on Sunday, but I'm a little concerned. I need to hear back from you. If life has happened and you need to cancel or reschedule your party, that is absolutely fine. If I don't hear from you by [your chosen day*] I will take that to mean we won't be holding the party on Sunday. I hope you're doing okay. Look forward to hearing from you.*On which day to choose, I think Wednesday or Thursday would be good. It gives you time to plan something else for Sunday and keeps you from getting all set for the show if it doesn't hold.

I sent her a facebook message yesterday and she sent me a message back saying that she had a family emergency and had to go to Florida. She needs to cancel and MAYBE we can reschedule. I told her I was very sorry & hope everything is okay. We can absolutely reschedule, I included my scarcely available dates for July and told her if none of them would work I'd be happy to get something set up for August. She said thanks but nothing else.

Well, now you know at least! Sorry it cost you a show date, but maybe you can send out a call to some past hosts and ask if they want to take the slot and invite some friends over that day? Give them a bonus deal (or say if they close the show by Sunday- they get the QSP free!). Or have your own show??Or just enjoy the day off. Work from your office that day.

Also unless you have a reason you really want to work with this host, I would not try to reschedule with her. If she contacts you to do a show then I would take it and not give her one of your "prime" dates (like a weekend) I used to keep all of the cancelled hosts on my list and try to rebook them but I started to realize they were the ones who always cancelled again :(

Ashley, I personally have not done this, but I will point out that this is the reason some consultants have chosen to get the addresses and mail out invitations themselves. If a host has a true emergency, you can then have her rebook right then because "I'll need to call all your friends and let them know the new date." There's also the possibility of turning it into a catalog show. I think cincychef has a good point about pursuing better leads as well. Good luck!

I was supposed to have a party tonight.....host coached the lady......I send out invites for my hosts but she didn't want me to do that....she said she'd use FB and the invites I sent her to hand out. Talked to her earlier this week and I ask her how many guests she has coming....she responds the people at work think it's too expensive......whatever......so I asked do you still want to hold your party.....oh yeah, I have a few people coming......wasn't feeling too good about this party.....she calls me last night and says she's canceling.....she's had too much stuff going on this week.....her daughter e-mails me to tell me her mom will be calling me to cancel.....she found out no one was coming except her daughter.....really?????I say all that to say that I have found when you send invites out for the host there are a lot less cancellations.....I've been doing it for years and rarely have hosts cancel......that's one of the reasons I didn't feel good about this one.

Whole heartedly agree!! If they can't get it together enough to give you a guest list, they won't get it together to invite anyone themselves!

pchockeymom said:
Whole heartedly agree!! If they can't get it together enough to give you a guest list, they won't get it together to invite anyone themselves!

Well said!

monicag said:
people at work think it's too expensive

This is why every season I take the time to count all the products in the price ranges and updage my "affordable quality" stickers that go on the front of EVERY catalog in the lower right corner. I no longer hear this excuse.

lt1jane said:
This is why every season I take the time to count all the products in the price ranges and updage my "affordable quality" stickers that go on the front of EVERY catalog in the lower right corner. I no longer hear this excuse.

SO appreciated!

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to earn free products and discounts on your favorite kitchen tools. You also get the opportunity to learn new recipes and cooking techniques from our trained consultants. Plus, it's a fun and social event with your friends and family!

How do I handle a frustrated host?

First, listen to their concerns and acknowledge their frustration. Then, try to find a solution together. Offer to reschedule the party or provide extra incentives for their guests. Lastly, apologize for any inconvenience and assure them that you will do everything you can to make their party a success.

What if my host is unhappy with their party sales?

If your host is unhappy with their party sales, remind them that hosting a party is not just about sales, but also about having a good time with friends. However, you can offer to follow up with their guests to see if they are interested in placing an order or offer to extend the party deadline to give them more time to gather orders.

How can I help my host have a successful party?

As a consultant, it is your job to support and guide your host throughout the party planning process. Offer to help them create a guest list, provide tips on how to invite guests, and share ideas for games and activities. Additionally, make sure to follow up with guests after the party to ensure they had a great experience and address any questions or concerns.

What should I do if my host cancels their party?

If your host cancels their party, first try to understand the reason for the cancellation. If it is due to personal reasons, express your understanding and offer to reschedule at a more convenient time. If it is due to lack of interest from guests, offer to convert the party into an online or catalog party. Remember to always be understanding and accommodating to your host's needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • wmrmgr
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • alabama pc cons.