• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Unreliable Catalog Hosts Ruining Your Business? Share Your Experiences.

In summary, the conversation involves a frustrated content summarizer who has called a catalog host 6 times and hasn't received any response, and the host advises the summarizer to continue calling, to stress the specials, and to give a deadline to the host.
heat123
Silver Member
I opened two shows 3 weeks ago. Both hosts from 1 show I did. I have called each of them 6 times to get updates! Morning, noon, nights, weekends, left messages and no word from one of them and 1 keeps saying she will call back but Never does!:(

So frustrated! I think I am giving up on them at this point! Has this ever happened to you? Ugghhh!:mad:

Some hosts (especially catalog ones) don't necessarily want to update you until the very end - at least that's what I've found - I had a host wait til the very last day of the month to contact me and turn in her order - I had only spoken with her once and she said she would have it to me before the end of the month. It wasn't a huge show but she was happy with it and ordered alot with her discount. I've had a couple of hosts who I barely ever actually spoke to but loved to do everything through emails. If you have email addresses, try to encourage them to send some of the orders to you so you can put them in the system. Some people hate talking on the phone at all (I even have relatives who never call back) so I wouldn't worry about it quite yet. Just keep stressing how great the specials are so they have something to continue having their show for. Good luck!

Gina Miller
Pampered Chef Consultant
[email protected]

I have emailed 1 twice! The other doesn't have a PC or email so the phone is the only way to contact them! I wont' call them again and they can either call me or send in their orders. Otherwise I am done as this weekend will be a month from show opening already!

You're right. Be done with them unless they contact you.

Some will,
Some won't
SO WHAT!
Who's next? :)

I give my Catalog Hosts a deadline & offer an incentive to make sure she gets orders. I tell her if she beats my highest show, I'll give her something for free when we close her show.

1. How can I handle a catalog host who is not meeting their sales goals?

First, try to have an open and honest conversation with the host about the importance of meeting their sales goals. Offer to provide them with tips and resources to help boost sales, such as hosting a virtual party or sharing the catalog with friends and family. If the host is still struggling, consider offering an incentive or bonus for meeting their sales goals.

2. What should I do if a catalog host cancels their party last minute?

If a host cancels their party, try to understand the reason and be understanding. However, it's important to also communicate the impact of the cancellation on your business and offer alternatives such as rescheduling the party or hosting a virtual party. You can also suggest that the host still collect orders from friends and family and submit them as a group order.

3. My catalog host is not responding to my messages, what should I do?

If a host is not responding to your messages, try reaching out through different methods such as phone calls or social media. It's also helpful to have a clear timeline for communication and deadlines for submitting orders. If the host is still unresponsive, it may be best to move on and focus on other potential hosts.

4. How can I encourage my catalog host to book another party?

One way to encourage a host to book another party is by offering them a special discount or promotion for hosting again. You can also remind them of the benefits of hosting, such as earning free products and discounts. Additionally, you can ask the host to refer friends and family who may be interested in hosting a party.

5. What should I do if a catalog host is not satisfied with their party's results?

If a host is not satisfied with their party's results, it's important to listen to their concerns and try to find a solution. This could include offering a special discount or hosting a follow-up party. It's also important to take note of their feedback and use it to improve future parties and interactions with hosts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • wmrmgr
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • byrd1956