• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vent and Share your Struggles: Starting a Business After College

In summary, although the summer may be slow, it's still important to keep hosting coach your tushie off and offer seasonal themes and recipes to keep bookings.
pampermejolene
Gold Member
grrr..

Is anyone else having problems keeping bookings right now. I'm only in my fourth month of business, this is my first summer. Things are looking very bleak! I haven't had a cooking show since APRIL!! Catalog shows were sustaining me but now I have had 5 of those cancel for this month!
I'm so frustrated right now! I started this because I love PC and wanted some extra money. and I just graduated college and am having problems getting a full time job. I just don't know what to do!

I don't know if I'm even looking for advice, I just wanted to vent. BLEH!! Feel free to post back though.

Summer can be tough. The key is to host coach your tushie off, and realize that weekends, while GREAT in the fall, are usually bad in the summer. That's when people head out of town to camp or do things. You can also offer some summer-only themes and recipes to get bookings to stick: ice cream social, no-bake, pot luck favorites, etc.

Ditto. I've had good success when the host is motivated, knows she is going to get tons of free stuff; but, had some blow it off when they've only heard from me once.

I agree. Just look at things you can do during the week. Recipes that you can include children, and move them to brunch, lunch time. What would appeal to a bunch of moms, then taking their children some where we they wont have to cook for their children, maybe something the children can do the recipe. Good Luck and Never give up... I have been doing this for over 3 years and go through it every summer.

My June fell apart over the weekend....sigh... trying to reschedule.. but I know what to expect... disappointing nonetheless

My summers have always been slow. I thinks some is the customers and some is me not working the business like I should.

Thanks everyone. I'm going to hang in there. Hopefully whenever I do get a full time job that will open up my contacts too and I can get some shows with my new co-workers :)Thanks again for the support!

1. What inspired you to start your own business after college?

As a recent college graduate, I felt a strong desire to put my education and skills to use and create something of my own. I wanted to have control over my career and the freedom to pursue my passions.

2. How did you decide what type of business to start?

I took a lot of time to reflect on my strengths, interests, and the current market trends. I also sought advice from mentors and researched different industries to find a good fit for my skills and passions.

3. What were some of the biggest challenges you faced when starting your business?

Some of the biggest challenges I faced were financial constraints, lack of experience in managing a business, and the fear of failure. It took a lot of hard work, determination, and learning from my mistakes to overcome these challenges.

4. How did you balance starting a business with other responsibilities, such as a job or family?

It was definitely a juggling act, but I made sure to prioritize my time and set realistic goals. I also learned to delegate tasks and ask for help when needed. Communication and time management were key in balancing my responsibilities.

5. What advice do you have for other recent college graduates looking to start their own business?

My advice would be to take the time to really think about your interests and skills before diving into a business. Do your research and create a solid business plan. Be prepared for challenges and setbacks, but also have confidence in yourself and your abilities. And most importantly, never stop learning and growing as an entrepreneur.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Katiek77
  • pamperedval