• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Frustrating Host: My Venting Story of Hosting Woes

this has to be really frustrating for you. I would not be able to offer any advice, as I am not in the same situation. The Host benefits have changed a few times over the years, but the lowest level has always been $150.
COOKINWITHSHERRI
Gold Member
OK, I'm really just venting here, but I'm so frustrated......

My last two shows were from the same Host. (She's my husband’s cousin.) She was a mystery host from a BINGO in May because she wanted some FREE Stuff. BUT, she really never qualified for a $150 show. I had $100 in orders from the BINGO and a couple of outside orders, so I offered up for a Mystery Host to gather the remaining $50 so they could qualify. She was the only one to respond. I thought what a great way to help her and me. She already had a June show booked and I was kinda worried that she might use up her customers for this one and not be able to do the June show. We'll she didn't have to worry about that, she didn't order anything and she didn't get any other orders also. So I thought "OK, she'll get her orders for the June show." I bought a couple of things for the May show and used the Free items for my next BINGO prizes..
We’ll she Hosted at my BINGO in June and we ended up with $128 in orders that day and I gave her until the following Friday to gather the remaining at least $25.00. I called her again on Friday to settle up and she told me that she wanted the weekend to get back with a couple of ladies at work about a couple of orders. So agreed to get back in touch with her on the following Wed. AND I found out that she did it to me AGAIN!!! Uhhhhhhh :( :mad: So needless to say she won’t be getting any FREE stuff from me. I did let her choose the Host only Woven Basket to purchase; I needed the extra money to help me qualify for the show. I went ahead and processed the order finally today. I was trying to help our cluster with the challenge and she screwed that up too. Should I tell her I won’t let her be a host anymore? Should I just open up AGAIN with you don’t get at least $150 in orders you won’t be able to get any of the Host benefits??? UHHHH so frustrating. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That is kind of a tough one since she is a relative. Does she offer to do these for you or are you asking her to host? If you are asking, I just wouldn't ask anymore. If she is offering, then I guess I would just let her and then add it to someone else's show if her's doesn't qualify. Again, since it is a relative you have to be kind of careful not to make them mad. My relatives are some of my best and most loyal customers.

You can always blame it on someone else. Explain that HO is cracking down on some things and that shows really need to be a legitimate $150 in guest sales to qualify. Which isn't exactly far fethed. If the show doesn't qualify, you will be required to place it as an individual order for her, it'll be a $14 shipping charge, max, which she ca split with her guests.

I have had several "shows" that get put in as individual orders because of low guest sales. Let her know that she has to have $150 to get anything free.

did I miss something? I thought shows had to be at least $200 in sales to qualify as a show?

No, it has been $150 for quite some time-at least 3.5 years. It used to be 5 orders OR $150 in orders but PC changed that. Thank goodness too because I remember some people qualifying with EXTREMLY low shows!!

Have a Pampered Day!!

then something has changed. When they revamped the host benefits and got rid of points, they increased qualifying shows to $200 and changed the super starters from 6 shows to 4 shows.

Sk8Mom209 said:
then something has changed. When they revamped the host benefits and got rid of points, they increased qualifying shows to $200 and changed the super starters from 6 shows to 4 shows.
No, I don't think so....at least not in the nearly 3 1/2 years I've been around. If you look on the host reward chart in the back of the catalog, the lowest level is still $150. It hasn't changed since I've been around....although it has changed from points to free product value. :confused:

COOKINWITHSHERRI said:
OK, I'm really just venting here, but I'm so frustrated......

My last two shows were from the same Host. (She's my husband’s cousin.)

I am so sorry to hear that. I have experienced huge let downs with family and friends. It seems they feel that since we are close, we aren't expecting too much from them and it doesn't really matter if they mess everything up.
As if our business is just a little hobby, something insignificant in our lives that doesn't really matter.
Of course nothing could be further from the truth.
Our businesses are important to us and we try to give all our hosts the benefit of the doubt, we try to work with them as much as possible to help them get their FREE stuff, but when they refuse to cooperate I don't feel bad telling them that they didn't qualify and will not be receiving any items for FREE.
It's a truthful and blunt way of saying "Sorry but you didn't do your share of the work, so you get nothing!"
You can't get something for nothing these days unless you work, work, work!!
I have had some great experiences with friends and family who did try and had great shows for me. So hang in there and I probably wouldn't give her another chance to disappoint you.
But that is entirely up to you. Good luck in the future!!
Debbie :D

Qualifying Shows
Sk8Mom209 said:

A show has to have $150 in sales to qualify...at that level a Cooking Show gets $15 in FPV (their thank you for opening their home/covering cost of food bonus). Their percentage off is only 15%. A Catalog Show host gets no FPV, and the 15% off.

To really get anything out of benefits package, they need to hit that $200 mark. At $200, a Cooking Show host gets $25 in FPV, and their percentage goes to 20%. A Catalog Show host gets $10 in FPV, and the 20% off.

This is how it has been since HO dropped the point system. Also, to qualify, you need four $150 shows or $1,250 in sales.

Hope that clarifies things...

Sk8Mom209 said:
did I miss something? I thought shows had to be at least $200 in sales to qualify as a show?

I think aiming hosts towards at least a $200 show will yield some better benefits. The goal for all of my hosts is a $500 show.

I figured it out. At the time of the host benefit re-vamping there was an incentive or promotion of some kind that required shows be at least $200. I must not have realized that this was only for that particular incentive and I have been under the assumption it was still $200 and have been making host get at least that much in sales.

It used to be four shows of $150 or four shows with 5 orders OR $1250 in sales. They increased the super starter number to six to allow for cancellations and still have four shows. I hope that made sense!

I an in SS month two and mine was $1250 in sales or 4 shows of $150.

Thanks for the "keeping the chin up" words. Your right about family. 98% of my family are life savers for my business. (Heck 5-6 of them come every month to my BINGO's and usually buy something. Then after the show, they always stay and help clean up. So I shouldn't complain too much.) She's not one of my favorite people. She just came to eat my food and left as soon as she could. She even had the GALL to fill up an extra plate as she was going through the line so she could take it home with her... uhhhhh
I'm not sure if I'll give her a second chance again or not. I was thinking about making a stipulation saying that she would have to have at least $100 in outside orders before her show. Heck, I might see if everyone would do that. Thanks again!

1. How should I handle a host who is not responding to my messages or calls?

First, try reaching out through different methods such as email, text, or social media. If you still don't receive a response, contact your direct sales leader for advice on how to proceed. It's important to maintain professionalism and not become confrontational.

2. My host is not meeting their minimum sales requirement, what should I do?

Remind your host of the importance of meeting the minimum sales requirement to receive their host rewards. Offer suggestions for boosting sales, such as promoting the party on social media, inviting more guests, or offering incentives. If the host is still unable to meet the requirement, discuss the possibility of rescheduling the party for a later date.

3. What can I do if my host is constantly changing the party details or guest list?

Communicate clearly with your host about the importance of having a finalized guest list and party details for ordering and preparing products. Offer to help the host with any changes or accommodations they may need. If the changes become excessive, politely remind the host of the impact it has on your business and schedule.

4. My host is not interested in hosting a party anymore, what should I do?

Respectfully ask your host for the reason for their change of heart and address any concerns they may have. If the host is still not interested, offer alternative options such as a catalog or online party. If all else fails, thank them for considering and move on to other potential hosts.

5. How can I motivate a host who seems disinterested in hosting a successful party?

Remind your host of the benefits they will receive, such as free products and discounts, by hosting a successful party. Share success stories of other hosts and the positive impact it had on their lives. Offer your support and guidance throughout the party planning process to ensure a successful outcome.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • amuia