• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fruit Salsa and Sugar Chips

In summary, Jenny suggests that the Apple Berry Salsa recipe can be found in the All The Best cookbook (p. 18) or online at Razzledazzlerecipes.com and JoycesFineCooking.com. She also suggests that the Cinnamon Chips recipe can be found on page 17 of the All The Best cookbook.
rkarl
I am going to be doing a tropical theme party in the next couple weeks and the host said she has had this fruit salsa thing at a show once with cinnamon/sugar chips. Does anyone know of this recipe?

It's the Apple Berry Salsa, it's FABULOUS!
--Jenny L

It is in All the Best cookbook if you have that one.

It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yummy!!!

sent u a pm

There are actually several fruit salsa recipes and they all go great with the cinnamin chips - The cool and creamy fondue goes great with the ships too

Don't mean to correct you spelling Kathy, but, when I read about fondue and ships, my mind kinda went on a trip!

Must be time for bed. Course I'll feel the waves rocking the boat, . . .

--Jenny L

Thank you all so much! My host will be thrilled.

OK Im way late on this but I just did my first show last nite and we made mango salsa sundaes that also sound alot like what your talking about. I found the recipe in the best of's.

I make the mango salsa from that recipe with cinnamon chips. It is soooooooo good! (I don't serve it with ice cream btw)

It's perfect!

jlevernier said:
It's the Apple Berry Salsa, it's FABULOUS!
--Jenny L

I keep hearing everyone raving about this ~ guess it is time I try it :eek:

I did the Apple Berry Salsa Friday night and the women were practically licking the bowl. Definitely worth trying and a great 2nd recipe if your host is really looking for one.

I have done the Apple Berry Salsa and cinnamon chips at every July show. Just put all of the fruit in the batter bowl whole (peel the kiwi, wash and cap strawberries.....) and then use the salad choppers and pass the bowl around letting all of the guests chop at it and by the time it gets back to you it is nearly salsa and everyone has tried the salad choppers and wants them!! It then turns into a great add-on item at $25 each!!

Apple Berry Salsa is Great!!! Whenever I make this and take it somewhere everyone tells me that I never make enough. Most of the time I triple my recipe when I take it somewhere. The chips can be a pain to make cause they take so long, but the are definately worth it.

I do not have the All the Best cookbook. Can someone post the recipe or PM me with it please? I am doing an open house here on Saturday and that sounds yummy.

CINNAMON CHIPS

4 (7-inch) flour tortillas
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

SALSA

2 med Granny Smith apples
1 cup strawberries -- sliced
1 kiwi fruit -- peeled and chopped
1 small orange
2 tbsp packed brown sugar
2 tbsp apple jelly

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. For cinnamon chips, lightly spray tortillas with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon in flour/sugar shaker; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges; place in single layer on round baking stone. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely.

For salsa, peel, core, and slice apples. Cut apples into quarters; chop with food chopper. Slice strawberries and chop kiwi. Place fruit in 1 quart bowl. Zest orange and juice. Add orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar and apple jelly to fruit mixture, mix gently. Serve with cinnamon chips.

Another site that has MANY of our PC recipes posted is:

JoycesFineCooking.com

Thanks Ladies. I bookmarked those sites. :)

Let's see if this works.

Apple Berry Salsa
(All The Best Cookbook; Page 18)

Serve this popular fruit salsa with Baked Cinnamon chips for a unique appetizer or refreshingly light dessert (pictured on p. 17)

2 Medium Granny Smith Apples
1 Pint (Approx. 1½ Cup) Strawberries, diced
1 Kiwi, peeled & diced
1 Small Orange
2 Tablespoons Packed Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Apple Jelly or apricot jam

1. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Coarsely chop apple slices using Food Chopper. Dice strawberries kiwi using Chef’s Knife. OR, slice strawberries with Egg Slicer. Place fruit in Small Batter Bowl.

2. Zest orange using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Juice orange Using Juicer to measure 2 tablespoons juice. Add orange zest, jucie, brown sugar and jelly to fruit mixture; mix gently. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

3. Spoon into serving bowl. Serve with Baked Cinnamon Chips.

--Jenny L

I guess I need to double check to see if there is a second page before posting! Sorry for the duplicate information.

--Jenny L

What is fruit salsa?

Fruit salsa is a delicious and refreshing combination of chopped fruits and savory ingredients. It can be served as a dip or topping for various dishes.

What are sugar chips?

Sugar chips are thin, crispy, and sweet snacks made with flour tortillas, sugar, and cinnamon. They are commonly served with fruit salsa for a fun and tasty treat.

Can I substitute fruits in the salsa?

Absolutely! You can use any combination of your favorite fruits in fruit salsa. Some popular choices include strawberries, kiwi, mango, and pineapple.

How long does fruit salsa and sugar chips last?

If stored in an airtight container, fruit salsa and sugar chips can last up to 3 days in the refrigerator. However, it is best to consume them fresh for optimal flavor and texture.

What are some serving suggestions for fruit salsa and sugar chips?

Fruit salsa and sugar chips make a great appetizer or dessert. They can also be served as a topping for ice cream or yogurt, or as a filling for crepes or pancakes. Get creative and enjoy!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Alicia Messenger
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies