• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fruit Dipping for Fun: Is It Worth It?

In summary, this show is a fun and fast way to show how to make a dip. You need to prepped some fruit, and have some cutting boards, knives, and serving utensils. The main recipe is easy and can be made in a half hour.
smile10308
Gold Member
Anyone done this yet? I am wondering what dips to make and if it is actually a fun show. I mean really you are just cutting up fruit...lol THanks so much!

We've been having a blast doing them! While cutting up fruit, I have someone coarsely chop up strawberries in the MFP and then add one small container of yogurt and 1/2 of a container of cool whip. give it a few pumps and it is all mixed up! I usually have something gong in the DCB while this is going on ( usually 30 min chicken or bbq chicken).

Glad you asked this! I'm doing this show on next Friday and was wondering as well. Love that idea with the yogurt/cool whip.What flavor of yogurt have you been using?

We just used vanilla. I'm sure you could use whatever you like :)

What fruits have you been preparing?

heres a great dip to make in MFP

2 bananas processed up first
add 1 cup of vanilla yogurt..or you could use any flavor
2 TBSP of honey
1 TBSP freshed squeezed lemon juice
2 tsp of our cinnamon

I even put some of our cinnamon or caramel sprinkles in...
process all up...
makes great dip for
pineapple
strawberries
mangos
grapes
bananas
All prepped for the cool n serve tray

Wow... this sounds like it would be a fun and fast show. Does it show enough products though?
Pineapple wedger, Core & More, maybe the Egg Slicer Plus for the strawberriers, Mango wedger, MFP... anything I'm missing?

cheflorraine said:
Wow... this sounds like it would be a fun and fast show. Does it show enough products though?
Pineapple wedger, Core & More, maybe the Egg Slicer Plus for the strawberriers, Mango wedger, MFP... anything I'm missing?
Cutting Boards, Knives, The Cool n Serve ;), mini mix n scraper, salad spinner (to dry the grapes and berries)...oh, the new little serving utensils for the Cool n Serve too.

my friend just did a show and made this pumpkin dip. I don't normally care for pumpkin but this was really good. It was just a can of pumpkin, lite cool whip, a block of softened cream cheese and some pumpkin spice. She cut up fruit and dipped it in it. Good way to show mixing bowl, scrapers, and then she put it in the chill and serve tray with fruit around it. It was super yummy and lite.

Veggie Wedger for oranges, avacado knife on mango, kernel cutter on the pineapple...

I just did one. I used all wedgers for a fruit tray. It was an awesome show! I did the 30 minute chicken before they got there so the house smelled delicious. Then we just did fruit in the C&S tray and I used the chocolate raspberry and the cherry almond sauces for dipping. Next time I will do the cherry almond and the cool lime sauce.

Choc Fondue Dip on the cover of the All the Best CB is FABULOUS but would need to be made ahead of time as it needs time to set up. Always a hit at every party I take it to.

I am doing this show on friday. I love that all of my tools except the cool n serve fits in my glassware tote! So I have the tray in a reusable grocery bag, my tote, and a small b ag for catalogs. I can't wait. Plus my host (SIL) may sign up finally!!

You guys are great inspiration, I may use this idea for a June show I'm having. Thanks so much!

Melissa78 said:
Choc Fondue Dip on the cover of the All the Best CB is FABULOUS but would need to be made ahead of time as it needs time to set up. Always a hit at every party I take it to.

Actually, I always did this recipe at the show. I'd start with it (to show how easy it is) and then refrigerate while making the main recipe. At the end (about 1/2 hour later) it was plenty set and they always raved about how easy and yummy it was. A tip I share with it is to combine the chocolate chips and the one cup of cool whip, one minute in the microwave (first step of the recipe) and use it as hot fudge over ice cream.

...hmmm I will have to start doing that one again.

When you do this show, how much fruit do you tell the host to purchase?

How much fruit goes into the Cool and Serve tray? I'm thinking of offering this to a host, but just not sure how much fruit to have her purchase.

They LOVE to BBQ, and will no doubt be grilling, too, so I am thinking that this may be a good thing to show; however, it will be a show for mostly men and/or couples, I'm pretty sure, so any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Paula R. Lewis said:
How much fruit goes into the Cool and Serve tray? I'm thinking of offering this to a host, but just not sure how much fruit to have her purchase.

They LOVE to BBQ, and will no doubt be grilling, too, so I am thinking that this may be a good thing to show; however, it will be a show for mostly men and/or couples, I'm pretty sure, so any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks!!

You won't need much. I made a tray of fruit last weekend. I think one package of strawberries filled one of the larger sections. I put 1 pineapple sliced up in the other large section. Then I had 2 mangoes filling one of the small sections and the narrow section near it. And I think half a melon fills the other two smaller spots- I didn't have dips in the tray- just fruit. SO you don't need much.

esavvymom said:
You won't need much. I made a tray of fruit last weekend. I think one package of strawberries filled one of the larger sections. I put 1 pineapple sliced up in the other large section. Then I had 2 mangoes filling one of the small sections and the narrow section near it. And I think half a melon fills the other two smaller spots- I didn't have dips in the tray- just fruit. SO you don't need much.

Thanks alot! I've been asked to bring a tray of fruit to our meeting on Monday, so I'll try to "gauge" and "experiment" the measurements for that, but this will be good for starters! I'm thinking about blueberries in a smaller section, strawberries and perhaps one orange, wedged, in a larger one, with a mixture of pineapple, grapes, mango, kiwi in the other large one, and maybe a small section of the strawberry-yogurt-cool whip dip I saw on here. I guess it will be a little bit of "hit and miss", primarily going for color/eye appeal...:balloon:

Thanks again!!

BethCooks4U said:
Actually, I always did this recipe at the show. I'd start with it (to show how easy it is) and then refrigerate while making the main recipe. At the end (about 1/2 hour later) it was plenty set and they always raved about how easy and yummy it was. A tip I share with it is to combine the chocolate chips and the one cup of cool whip, one minute in the microwave (first step of the recipe) and use it as hot fudge over ice cream.

...hmmm I will have to start doing that one again.

Any way to get around the cool whip part? I LOATHE cool whip!

loreo said:
Veggie Wedger for oranges, avacado knife on mango, kernel cutter on the pineapple...

you use the kernel cutter on the pineapple? Is this before or after you cut off the tough skin? I'm intrigued, for sure!

Brenda.the.chef said:
you use the kernel cutter on the pineapple? Is this before or after you cut off the tough skin? I'm intrigued, for sure!

Run it on the inside of the skin after wedged to get pineapple off. Sometimes pineapples are big and the wedger leaves behind fruit on the inside skins.

ChefCKHall said:

Just use the chocolate/raspberry sauce we sell instead!!:D

Paula R. Lewis said:
Just use the chocolate/raspberry sauce we sell instead!!:D
Gonna do it!!

ChefCKHall said:

I use heavy whipping cream and melt it with chocolate chips. It's incredibly yummy!

Melt one cup chocolate chips with one cup whipping cream. Once the chips are melted, add a tsp. of vanilla. We use this for dipping strawberries, and as hot fudge over ice cream...it's actually just a simple ganache...but when I call it that many times people think it's too fancy and hard to do, so I just show them first.

ChefBeckyD said:
I use heavy whipping cream and melt it with chocolate chips. It's incredibly yummy!

Melt one cup chocolate chips with one cup whipping cream. Once the chips are melted, add a tsp. of vanilla. We use this for dipping strawberries, and as hot fudge over ice cream...it's actually just a simple ganache...but when I call it that many times people think it's too fancy and hard to do, so I just show them first.

Thanks Becky! Gonna do this tomorrow night!!

My hospitality director made this at a meeting the other night. Absolutely YUMMY! Half of this recipe filled one dip section of the cool and serve square tray.

zest of an orange
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/4 cup raspberry or raspberry preserves
1 1/2 cups thawed light cool whip

One that I love is

lime or key lime yogurt
juice of half a lime
zest of lime
cool whip

I have been doing a Cool n Serve Show this month - it's been perfect with the freakishly hot weather we've been having!
It has been a HUGE hit! Because of it, my July is almost totally booked (2 dates left!) and I have 4 shows still this month. (my shows are packed in tight, because we are gone for vacation for the last 2 weeks) Everyone booking for July is as excited about getting the tray as they are about the extra free product!

Here is what I have been doing:

Pineapple Salsa using the MFP - Salsa in small Bamboo Bowl, and Tortilla Chips in the large Bamboo Bowl.

Fruit Dip - I use equal parts Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, and Marshmallow Cream, and then divide it and add 2 flavors of sprinkles - I've been using caramel & apple. Then, I use the rest of the pineapple, plus strawberries, and grapes, and put all of that in the Cool and Serve (after showing them all of the variations of how you can use it.)

On the medium Bamboo Platter, I divide another block of cream cheese, and pour raspberry habenaro sauce over one, and pineapple rum sauce over the other, and crackers in between.

The whole demo takes about 20-25 minutes, and EVERYONE has LOVED it! My last 3 shows all had at least 2 bookings each, and one of my hosts is signing, and one of my bookings is also thinking she'd like to sign at her show. Her comment after this show: "Wow - this could be my FUN job! My day job is very often stressful, and not at all fun - I would love to have a FUN job too!"

All this, and I'm not even cooking anything! :D (oh, and one show is at $1000, and another is at $850. I've also done a couple grilling shows, and those shows are both at HALF that amount.)

ChefBeckyD said:
Pineapple Salsa using the MFP - Salsa in small Bamboo Bowl, and Tortilla Chips in the large Bamboo Bowl.

Becky- I'm assuming your using the SBR- are you doing a full batch or have you reduced it to fit in the MFP? Thanks!

loreo said:
Becky- I'm assuming your using the SBR- are you doing a full batch or have you reduced it to fit in the MFP? Thanks!

Yes - I just use enough to make it in the MFP. I haven't really measured - I just put it in til it looks right. :eek: I start with pepper and onion, and then add in the cucumber and pineapple and cilantro...and then the tomato last. I only use one tomato, so probably about a half batch?

Oh, and I use the veggie wedger for the onion, cuke, and tomato. People love that - especially seeing how I make cucumber spears so effortlessly!

My director has been doing this type of show but she calls it a "Skinny Dippin' Show"! Plus she makes homemade lemonade in the small quick stir pitcher: 3 lemons and a heavy 3/4 cup sugar ~ let that sit while you demo all the fruit and tools. Then at the end, fill the pitcher with water!Karen

I've been doing the Mango Confetti Salsa and filling the dip portion with it and the chips on the other side. In the meantime I'm doing the Pork Tenderloin in the DCB and laying it out on the opposite side of the Cool N Serve. Pineapple Rum sauce in the other dip holder. Had a $900 on Monday doing this show!

Thanks for all these tips - I have a couple of Cool & Serve shows booked for June, so it's so helpful to read about your experiences!
Becky - thanks so much again for giving so much detail about your show - your enthusiasm is so inspiring!Just one question - are you finding that this show has enough food for a larger crowd (15-20 people)? I have one party coming up next week Saturday where I think the host is concerned that there won't be enough food. I was planning on doing the fruit and dip in the C&S, and chicken breasts/rub in the DCB, cream cheese/sauces/crackers, and pretzels/sauces.
I sent my host the ingredient list and she doesn't think there's a lot of food for her to purchase, I guess.

cheflorraine said:
Thanks for all these tips - I have a couple of Cool & Serve shows booked for June, so it's so helpful to read about your experiences!
Becky - thanks so much again for giving so much detail about your show - your enthusiasm is so inspiring!

Just one question - are you finding that this show has enough food for a larger crowd (15-20 people)? I have one party coming up next week Saturday where I think the host is concerned that there won't be enough food. I was planning on doing the fruit and dip in the C&S, and chicken breasts/rub in the DCB, cream cheese/sauces/crackers, and pretzels/sauces.
I sent my host the ingredient list and she doesn't think there's a lot of food for her to purchase, I guess.

I just had a show with 14 in attendance. The fruit dip makes quite a bit the way I make it - 8 oz each of the cream cheese, sour cream, & marshmallow. We just had a bowl of washed fruit sitting back, and refilled the tray as necessary. We did the same thing with the cream cheese and sauces. She had 3 blocks of cream cheese, 2 boxes of crackers, and lots of fruit. We did go through most of it. :) I don't think there has to be 2nd servings for everything, but it was nice to be able to offer more fruit & dip w/ crackers and spread. Everyone was really happy with that. It made for a long party though, because everyone was just standing around chatting and snacking!

ChefBeckyD said:
Yes - I just use enough to make it in the MFP. I haven't really measured - I just put it in til it looks right. :eek: I start with pepper and onion, and then add in the cucumber and pineapple and cilantro...and then the tomato last. I only use one tomato, so probably about a half batch?

Oh, and I use the veggie wedger for the onion, cuke, and tomato. People love that - especially seeing how I make cucumber spears so effortlessly!

It is way too early. (and I have been up a long time...) What is the SBR? Season's Best Recipe? I could not find a pineapple salsa recipe in there.

Becky (congrats, BTW!), could you please share the complete recipe or point me towards it~ TIA :)

FOUND IT BECKY~~~

that's what the files are for...;)

blueberrylady said:
FOUND IT BECKY~~~

that's what the files are for...;)

Haha, Sally - you are up early! Just was going to find the recipe for you, and you found it yourself first!

I made the apple berry salsa this weekend and sold 2 cool n serves because I brought it with me and filled it up!

1. Is fruit dipping for fun worth it?

Absolutely! Fruit dipping is not only a fun and interactive activity, but it also encourages healthy snacking and allows for endless flavor combinations.

2. Has anyone done this before?

Yes, many people have hosted fruit dipping parties and have had a blast doing so. It's a great way to bring friends and family together for a fun and tasty experience.

3. What are some recommended dips to make?

Some popular and delicious dip options for fruit dipping include chocolate, caramel, yogurt, and peanut butter. You can also get creative and experiment with different flavors and ingredients to find your own unique dip recipes.

4. Is hosting a fruit dipping party actually a fun show?

Absolutely! Not only is the act of dipping fruit entertaining, but you can also turn it into a mini cooking show by demonstrating how to make different dips and providing tips for arranging and presenting the fruit platter.

5. Isn't it just cutting up fruit? Is it really that fun?

While cutting up fruit may not sound like the most exciting activity, the fun comes from the creative aspect of arranging and dipping the fruit, as well as the social aspect of sharing and enjoying the fruit with others. Plus, with a variety of dips to choose from, there's always something new and exciting to try!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
krahema
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies