1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Urgent Frosting a Red Velvet Cake............can I use Buttercream & NOT cream cheese??

1. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

Hi all,
    I've got a 12x18 pan ready and waiting for me to cut into a butterfly for my dds BD party tomorrow (or should I say later today, :indif: way past bedtime)

Anyway, I was going to whip up my buttercream recipe and something made me stop and say what are you doing, this is Red Velvet flavor, it's GOT to be special.........

Suggestions??? Recipes???

Thanks,

Lisa

Sep 20, 2009
  2. lockhartkitchen

lockhartkitchen Senior Member

I think a butter cream frosting would be fine. I love cream cheese, but cream cheese, is kinda an acquired taste for some anyway. It will taste great!!

3. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I don't see why you couldn't use buttercream. Red Velvet is just chocolate with a whole bunch of red dye in it.

Sep 20, 2009
  4. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

Well I did my butter cream, it was not what I wanted, but I made do in time I had. DD loved it, so that's all that counts. When hubby downloads pics I'll post it.

Lisa

Sep 20, 2009
Have something to add?