• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Red Velvet Cake for a Special Birthday Party

Your Name]In summary, Lisa is seeking suggestions and recipes for a special red velvet cake for her daughter's birthday party. She decides to use buttercream frosting, but adds red food coloring and cocoa powder for a signature flavor. Other suggestions include using cream cheese frosting or making a red velvet trifle. Lisa's daughter loves the cake and pictures will be posted soon.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
I've got a 12x18 pan ready and waiting for me to cut into a butterfly for my dds BD party tomorrow (or should I say later today, :indif: way past bedtime)

Anyway, I was going to whip up my buttercream recipe and something made me stop and say what are you doing, this is Red Velvet flavor, it's GOT to be special.........

Suggestions??? Recipes???

Thanks,

Lisa

I think a butter cream frosting would be fine. I love cream cheese, but cream cheese, is kinda an acquired taste for some anyway. It will taste great!!

I don't see why you couldn't use buttercream. Red Velvet is just chocolate with a whole bunch of red dye in it.

Well I did my butter cream, it was not what I wanted, but I made do in time I had. DD loved it, so that's all that counts. When hubby downloads pics I'll post it.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,Congratulations on your daughter's birthday party! I'm sure it will be a special celebration. Red velvet is definitely a popular and delicious flavor for birthdays. I have a few suggestions for making your butterfly cake extra special.First, you could try adding some red food coloring to your buttercream recipe to give it that signature red velvet color. You can also add a touch of cocoa powder for a richer flavor.For a fun and unique twist, you could also make a cream cheese frosting instead of traditional buttercream. This will give your cake a tangy and creamy flavor that pairs perfectly with red velvet.If you want to really impress your guests, you could try making a red velvet trifle. Simply layer red velvet cake cubes, whipped cream, and chocolate chips in a trifle dish for a beautiful and decadent dessert.I hope these ideas inspire you to create a special and delicious red velvet treat for your daughter's birthday. Happy baking!Best,

1. Can I make a Red Velvet Cake for a special birthday party in advance?

Yes, you can make a Red Velvet Cake in advance. It can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before serving. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.

2. What makes a Red Velvet Cake different from a regular chocolate cake?

A Red Velvet Cake has a unique combination of ingredients such as buttermilk, vinegar, and cocoa powder that give it a tangy and slightly acidic flavor, along with its distinct red color.

3. Can I substitute the buttermilk in the recipe with regular milk?

While it is possible to substitute buttermilk with regular milk, it is not recommended as it can alter the texture and taste of the cake. It's best to use the ingredients specified in the recipe for the best results.

4. How do I prevent my Red Velvet Cake from sinking in the middle?

To prevent your cake from sinking in the middle, make sure to properly measure all the ingredients and follow the steps in the recipe carefully. Overmixing the batter or opening the oven door too often while the cake is baking can also cause it to sink. It's important to also use the correct pan size and to properly preheat your oven.

5. Can I use a different frosting for my Red Velvet Cake?

While cream cheese frosting is the traditional and most popular choice for Red Velvet Cake, you can use a different frosting if desired. Some other popular options include vanilla buttercream or chocolate ganache. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar in the frosting to balance out the sweetness of the cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefetteDuJour
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • anoelle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies