• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Presenting a Frittata: Plating Tips and Serving Utensils

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of flipping a frittata onto a platter for a prettier presentation. Some tips are given, such as letting the frittata cool before flipping, adding cheese after flipping, and using a sharp knife and spatula as utensils. The conversation also mentions a brunch show where frittata and baked french apple toast will be served.
beepampered
I'm making a frittata at tomorrow's show. At home, I just serve it out of the skillet but thought it might be prettier if I flip it onto a SA large platter. Anyone ever done this? Do you let it cool first or flip it and then put cheese on? If you serve it out of the nonstick skillet, what utensils do you use to cut/serve? Thanks.

It's really easy to cut and serve with the Cook's Tools turner or small turner, unless you have a lot of large pieces of "stuff" in it.

If I turn mine out of the pan, I usually run around the edge with the turner, getting under the bottom of it, then actually slide it out, so it's still right-side-up on the platter.

I'd go for the "slide" or serve it out of the pan. For me, show + flip = disaster! I swear, every time I do the turtle fudge skillet cake, I say a little prayer before I flip it.

BTW, Bee, thanks for the frittata idea. I have a brunch show next weekend and didn't even think of it. I'm going to suggest it, with a slide of course:rolleyes: .

We're doing the frittata and baked french apple toast (put in oven before guests arrive). Hope it goes well. Seven guests and four husbands so they'll be a lot of chatting....

Hi there! I have definitely done the flip onto a platter method for my frittatas and it always turns out beautifully. I usually let the frittata cool for a few minutes before flipping it onto the platter, just to make sure it holds its shape. As for the cheese, I like to sprinkle it on top after flipping, so it gets a chance to melt and create a nice crust. As for utensils, I like to use a sharp knife to cut and a spatula to serve. Hope this helps, and good luck with your show tomorrow!

1. What is the best way to plate a frittata?

The best way to plate a frittata is to use a large, flat serving platter or cutting board. Cut the frittata into equal-sized wedges and arrange them in a circular or zigzag pattern on the platter.

2. Do I need any special serving utensils for a frittata?

While you can use a regular spatula to serve a frittata, using a pie server or cake server can make it easier to lift and transfer the wedges from the pan to the platter without breaking them.

3. Should I let the frittata cool before plating?

Yes, it is best to let the frittata cool for a few minutes before plating. This will help it set and hold its shape better, making it easier to cut and serve.

4. Can I garnish the frittata before serving?

Absolutely! Adding a sprinkle of fresh herbs, a drizzle of balsamic glaze, or some sliced cherry tomatoes can add a pop of color and flavor to your frittata presentation. Just be sure to let the frittata cool slightly before adding any garnishes.

5. How many people does a frittata typically serve?

A frittata can typically serve 4-6 people, depending on the size of the pan and the appetites of your guests. If you are serving a larger group, you can easily double the recipe and use a larger pan to make a bigger frittata.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies