• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Friends Lost Their Daughter This Morning

In summary, when supporting friends who have lost a loved one, it's important to offer condolences and ask how you can help, such as with cooking or errands. When seeing them after their loss, it's okay to acknowledge their loss and avoid saying unhelpful things. Bringing food or gifts is a thoughtful gesture, but make sure to ask about allergies or preferences. Everyone grieves differently, so ask your friend how you can help them cope. Avoid minimizing their loss and let them grieve in their own way.
lesliec
I just wanted to ask for prayer for some friends of ours. They lost their 3 year old daughter this morning. There were some complications during child birth and she suffered brain damage. These parents have loved and advocated for their daughter. They have been around the world an back (literally) getting her different treatments that she needed to help give her the most out of life.
All of that said, this was completly unexpected. They were on vacation in Florida visiting family. I don't know any details right now. I know they are currently traveling back to Texas and the family is working on getting her transported back home so that they can bury her.
Please pray for them. I can't imagine what they are going through right now. They also have a 9 mo old baby girl.

How sad! Praying for all of them as they go through this horrible time.

Prayers. A loss of a child is unimaginable.

I have lost a child and know this incredible pain. My prayers go out to this family.

Awe my heart goes out to them. How very sad. :(

I can't imagine the pain they're going through. Prayer said.

I know we chatted last night about this but prayers for their loss...it is a terrible pain

1. How can I support my friends who lost their daughter?

First and foremost, offer your condolences and let them know you are there for them. You can also ask if there is anything specific they need help with, such as cooking meals or running errands. Most importantly, continue to check in on them and be there to listen.

2. What should I say to my friends when I see them after their loss?

It's okay to acknowledge their loss and share your sympathies. Let them know you are thinking of them and are there to support them in any way they need. Avoid saying things like "everything happens for a reason" or "they are in a better place" as these may not be helpful to someone grieving.

3. Should I bring food or gifts for my friends?

It's always a thoughtful gesture to bring food or gifts to your friends during a difficult time. However, make sure to ask if there are any food allergies or preferences before bringing a meal. You can also consider sending a sympathy card or flowers to show your support.

4. How can I help my friend cope with their loss?

Everyone grieves differently, so it's important to ask your friend how you can best support them. Some may appreciate spending time together and talking about their loved one, while others may need space and time alone. Offer to do activities that your friend enjoys or suggest joining a support group.

5. Is there anything I should avoid doing or saying to my friends after their loss?

Avoid minimizing their loss or trying to fix their grief. It's important to let your friends experience their emotions and grieve in their own way. Also, try not to compare their loss to others or share your own experiences unless they ask for it. Simply being there for them and listening can be the most helpful thing you can do.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Chef_2_Four
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MomToEli
  • ChefJoyJ
  • General Chat
Replies