• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Delicious Lenten Recipes for Friday Night Demos

In summary, Mexican Chicken lasagne using black beans instead of chicken, Three Cheese Garden Pizza, or Strawberry Cream Trifle.
janezapchef
Gold Member
What are you making for Friday night shows in Lent?

Mexican Chicken lasagne using black beans instead of chicken.
Or three Cheese Garden Pizza. Sometimes you just need to get back to basics.

I'm trying out the orzotto recipe in the new Season's Best tonight that I hope to use. It's a lot like the Creamy One Pot Pasta.

spinach broccoli braid works too. oldy but a favorite.

I'm not familiar with this one. Do you have the recipe?

doughmama said:
spinach broccoli braid works too. oldy but a favorite.

Strawberry Cream Trifle. It's light and looks "springy" after a long winter, and the trifle bowl is on sale in May.

oops - no wonder why you're not familiar with it. I meant spinach artichoke braid... confused it with the chicken broccoli braid:eek:

OOOOH! That one I do know! LOL! Thanks!

doughmama said:
oops - no wonder why you're not familiar with it. I meant spinach artichoke braid... confused it with the chicken broccoli braid:eek:

Mango Salsa
Mini Pesto Pizza
3 Cheese Garden Pizza
Creamy One Pot Pasta

I'm doing the pasta primavera from the DCB cookbook. It's easy and yummy.

I don't do shows on Fridays, so I never run into a problem.

Amyskitchen2 said:
I don't do shows on Fridays, so I never run into a problem.

Same here. :thumbup:

I don't eat at parties, so I'm not that worried about what a host picks. If they ask for meatless, I will definitely accomodate, but otherwise it's up to them. I know that I am Catholic, they may not be.

Anytime I talk to hosts about the recipe choices, I always say, "Are there any allergies, sensitivities or foods we need to avoid for the recipe?" That's when they will say if someone is GF or Vegan, etc. So that would be when they could tell me it needs to be meatless. I always offer a choice of a couple recipes and there's always one that is meatless anyway, so I'd just let them pick.

I always remind the host that it is a Friday in Lent and that her Catholic friends may not partake of any meat or decadent dessert. They appreciate that I tell/remind them, whether they are Catholic or not. One idea for a light dessert is cut up fruit, angel food cake, or pound cake with the dessert sauces and toothpicks.

I have a show next Fri and the host and her family are Catholic, I am doing the chicken broccoli braid except w/ TUNA. One of the girls on my team suggested that! Said she did it and it turned out great! Why not? :)

Is there a "meal" type of recipe to make with the starter kit other than the 3-cheese pizza? (I think?!)
Thanks!

I just ran into this as a host had set up her menu a month ago and forgot about it being lent. She wrote me last week and we changed it to potato soup in the DCB and apple berry salsa.

LeahMae said:
Is there a "meal" type of recipe to make with the starter kit other than the 3-cheese pizza? (I think?!)
Thanks!

In each Season's Best, the last 2 recipes of each "section" can be made with just the kit items. I am pretty sure that hasn't changed.

But, the dinner recipes in the current SB using just kit items are: Mexican Chicken Napoleons and Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad - neither of which will work for lent.

Now that Lent is almost over, I'll get back to sharing what I did. Grecian Party Squares are probably my favorite meatless dish! I don't know why I forget this every year or every time "meatless" is chozen! Ha! It was fantastic!

janezapchef said:
Now that Lent is almost over, I'll get back to sharing what I did. Grecian Party Squares are probably my favorite meatless dish! I don't know why I forget this every year or every time "meatless" is chozen! Ha! It was fantastic!

Love them - they are delish! :love:

Creamy One pot pasta, and the new Asian Cobb salad (minus the chicken)....

1. What are the ingredients needed for these recipes?

The ingredients needed for these recipes vary, but some common ones include fish, vegetables, grains, and spices. The specific ingredients for each recipe can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in the recipe book provided for the Friday night demos.

2. Can these recipes be modified for vegetarians or those with dietary restrictions?

Yes, these recipes can be easily modified to accommodate dietary restrictions or preferences. For vegetarians, fish can be substituted with tofu or additional vegetables. For those with allergies or dietary restrictions, ingredients can be substituted or omitted as needed.

3. How long does it take to prepare these recipes?

The preparation time for these recipes varies, but most can be made in under 30 minutes. Some may require marinating or longer cooking times, so it is important to read the recipe thoroughly before beginning.

4. Are these recipes suitable for beginners?

Yes, these recipes are designed to be easy and accessible for all levels of cooking experience. They include step-by-step instructions and tips to help even the most novice of cooks create delicious meals for their Friday night demos.

5. Can these recipes be used for other occasions besides Friday night demos?

Absolutely! These recipes are versatile and can be used for any occasion, not just Friday night demos. They are perfect for Lenten meals, as well as any other time you want to enjoy a delicious and healthy meal with your family and friends.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Krista Burson
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
  • Smashie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
feather18
Replies