• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Creative Ideas for a Friday the 13th Party?

In summary, Friday the 13th is considered an unlucky day because of different associations with the number 13 and the day Friday.
katchkim
I am looking for some ideas for a Friday the 13th Party. My hostess thought it might be fun. Does anyone have any ideas? Bad Luck Brownies

There will be TWO "Friday the 13ths" back to back.... March dates will follow the same dates as February. So if anyone has some...it can be used more than once!I don't have many ideas at the moment, but here is some info on why Friday the 13th is considered superstitious. Plus I saw another CS Thread about party ideas for the 13th. They might help jog some ideas loose from someone?
Saw a post for a different company offering "prizes" for hosting Friday the 13th shows.These were what they were giving prizes for:
1. Hosting a party on Friday the 13th
2. Having 13 or more guests in attendance
3. Having 13 paid outside ordersTHE 13 CHALLENGE (cont’d)
4. Selling 13 of any one item
5. Having $130 in orders before their party startsAnd a game to play
LUCKY 13 GAME
Award 13 points to anyone who fits the descriptions below. The guest with the most points wins!
Do you/were you:
Have 13 buttons on your outfit?
Have 13 letters in your full name?
Have 13 coins in your purse?
Have exactly 13 cents in change in your purse or wallet?
Born on the 13th (double points if it was a Friday)?
Married on the 13th (triple points if it was a Friday)?
Wear a size 13 in clothes?
Wear a size 13 shoe (or 6 1/2, because that doubled equals 13)
Have 13 children or grandchildren or combination of both?
Have 13 in your address?
Have 13 in your phone number?
Have 13 pieces of jewelry on?
Have 13 PC items in your home?!
FRIDAY THE 13TH - how did Friday the thirteenth become such an unlucky day?
fear of Friday the 13th is rooted in ancient, separate bad-luck associations with the number 13 and the day Friday. The two unlucky entities combine to make one super unlucky day.
There is a Norse myth about 12 gods having a dinner party at Valhalla, their heaven. In walked the uninvited 13th guest, the mischievous Loki. Once there, Loki arranged for Hoder, the blind god of darkness, to shoot Balder the Beautiful, the god of joy and gladness, with a mistletoe-tipped arrow. Balder died and the Earth got dark. The whole Earth mourned.
There is a Biblical reference to the unlucky number 13. Judas, the apostle who betrayed Jesus, was the 13th guest to the Last Supper.
A particularly bad Friday the 13th occurred in the middle ages. On a Friday the 13th in 1306, King Philip of France arrested the revered Knights Templar and began torturing them, marking the occasion as a day of evil.In ancient Rome, witches reportedly gathered in groups of 12. The 13th was believed to be the devil. Both Friday and the number 13 were once closely associated with capital punishment. In British tradition, Friday was the conventional day for public hangings, and there were supposedly 13 steps leading up to the noose.
It is traditionally believed that Eve tempted Adam with the apple on a Friday. Tradition also has it that the Flood in the Bible, the confusion at the Tower of Babel, and the death of Jesus Christ all took place on Friday.
Numerologists consider 12 a "complete" number. There are 12 months in a year, 12 signs of the zodiac, 12 gods of Olympus, 12 labors of Hercules, 12 tribes of Israel, and 12 apostles of Jesus. In exceeding 12 by 1, 13's association with bad luck has to do with just being a little beyond completeness.
FRIDAY THE 13TH - how is fear of the number thirteen demonstarted?
More than 80 percent of high-rises lack a 13th floor.
Many airports skip the 13th gate.
Airplanes have no 13th aisle.
Hospitals and hotels regularly have no room number 13.
Italians omit the number 13 from their national lottery.
On streets in Florence, Italy, the house between number 12 and 14 is addressed as 12 and a half.
Many cities do not have a 13th Street or a 13th Avenue
In France, socialites known as the quatorziens (fourteeners) once made themselves available as 14th guests to keep a dinner party from an unlucky fate.
Many triskaidekaphobes, as those who fear the unlucky integer are known, point to the ill-fated mission to the moon, Apollo 13.
If you have 13 letters in your name, you will have the devil's luck . Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer, Theodore Bundy and Albert De Salvo all have 13 letters in their names.

Look up things that cause bad luck and good luck and work them into your demo. Isn't there something about throwing salt over your shoulder? Show our grinders. Trivia contest???

The party actually was rescheduled but I came up with Black Forest Cake and Risky Risotto (Easy No-Stir recipe) and then a superstitious spatula contest so maybe I will try these for March 13th

Hi there! As a pampered chef consultant, I have some great ideas for your Friday the 13th party. First off, I love the idea of incorporating "bad luck" into the theme. How about making some "Bad Luck Brownies" using our delicious brownie mix and adding in some black licorice pieces or broken pretzels to represent broken mirrors or walking under ladders? You could also make some spooky treats using our Halloween cookie cutters, like skull-shaped sugar cookies or spider web-shaped brownies. And for a fun activity, you could have a "bobbing for apples" station with our apple peeler/corer/slicer - just be careful not to get any bad luck on your apples! Let me know if you need any other ideas or if you'd like to place an order for some pampered chef products to make your party a success. Happy Friday the 13th!

1. What are some fun "Friday the 13th" themed recipes for a party?

Some fun and spooky recipes for a "Friday the 13th" party could include:

• Witch Finger Cookies
  • Bloody Eyeball Punch
  • Graveyard Dip
  • Spiderweb Cupcakes
  • Blackened Chicken Fingers

2. How can I decorate for a "Friday the 13th" party?

Some ideas for "Friday the 13th" party decorations could include:

• Hanging black and orange streamers
  • Placing fake spiders and cobwebs around the room
  • Using skull or pumpkin-shaped serving dishes
  • Creating a spooky centerpiece with candles, fake bones, and skulls
  • Playing eerie music in the background

3. What are some fun games to play at a "Friday the 13th" party?

Some fun games to play at a "Friday the 13th" party could include:

• Bobbing for apples
  • Pin the Tail on the Black Cat
  • Horror movie trivia
  • Costume contest
  • Haunted scavenger hunt

4. How can I make my "Friday the 13th" party kid-friendly?

To make your "Friday the 13th" party kid-friendly, you could:

• Use less scary decorations, such as friendly ghosts and pumpkins
  • Choose age-appropriate games and activities
  • Offer non-spooky food options
  • Encourage costumes that are more cute than scary
  • Avoid using fake blood or gore in decorations

5. What are some party favors I can give out at a "Friday the 13th" party?

Some party favors for a "Friday the 13th" party could include:

• Skeleton or skull-shaped cookies
  • Mini pumpkin or ghost-shaped candles
  • Plastic vampire teeth
  • Small bags of candy or treats
  • Temporary tattoos with spooky designs

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedMandy2010
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedMandy2010