• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fresh Rosemary, Flat Leaf Parsley, Oregano

In summary, my friend gave me bunches of each herb and I would like to try some new recipes. They all have different flavors that I would like to try. My favorite with fresh rosemary, flat leaf parsley, and oregano is rosemary with chicken. Flat leaf parsley is wonderful in Italian food as well as the oregano. Rosemary is awesome with chicken or any kind. HOWEVER, Rosemary being that it is majorly spiney is best added to a sauce whole and allowed to sit in there to impart its flavor then removed. Finally, parsley is great for adding to a ton of things to brighten the flavors.
susanr613
Gold Member
Hi -

My friend gave me bunches of each....and I would like to try some new recipes. What are your favorites with fresh rosemary, flat leaf parsley, and/or oregano?

TIA

Rosemary is wonderful with chicken. I love flat leaf parsley and alway put it in salads. I leave the leaves whole. It is really yummy with just tomatos, cucumbers, celery, olive oil and salt and pepper.

Flat Leaf Parsely is wonderful in Italian food as well as the oregano.
Rosemary is awesome with chicken or any kind. HOWEVER, Rosemary being that it is majorly spiney is best added to a sauce whole and allowed to sit in there to impart its flavor then removed.
In a pot of boiling water, boil up some pasta. I recomend using something substancial like gnochi or mini ravioli or totellini. Meanwhile, melt about two tablespoons of butter in a pan and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Leave it very low. Add your a whole sprig of rosemary. Let it "steep" for a bit. The rosemary will become fragrant as it imparts its flavor. At that point, remove the rosemary from the pan. Add about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup bread crumbs and toss to coat and toast lightly. Remove to a dish. Add a little more butter to the pan. Add cut up chicken breast and cook that until done. OFF HEAT, add the cooked pasta to the pan and sprinkle on cut up flat leaf parsley and oregano. Toss in grated cheese and the bread crumbs. This actually works great with just veggies or even ham or sausage.

Flat leaf parsley = Chimichurri! YUM!

Rosemary Garlic foccacia

Just take pizza dough and knead fresh chopped rosemary and garlic into the dough, press it out onto a bar pan (I like medium best) and press your finger tips into the dough rub olive oil over the top and sprinkle with sea or kosher salt.

Oregano

I like to add fresh oregano to salads and to top off pizzas. My favorite salad is a greek salad

cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
red onion, thinly sliced
greek olives, pitted
feta cheese, crumbled

Dressing

Olive oil
lemon
oregano
red wine vinegar
garlic

Mix tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and olives in a bowl. In a small bowl mix together a splash of vinegar, the juice of the lemon and the garlic, pressed. Slowly whisk in olive oil until thickens slightly, and stir in oregano.

Toss dressing over salad top off with crumbled feta and fresh oregano.

Parsley

I add to a ton of stuff to brighten the flavors. One of my favorites is Guiness Braised Oxtails served over Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Not a quick dish but it is super hearty and very tasty.

OMG Aslan I have not had oxtails in years...my mouth is watering!

everyone keep those tips coming and thanks!

1. How long does fresh rosemary last?

Fresh rosemary can last up to two weeks if stored properly in the refrigerator. To extend its shelf life, wrap the stems in a damp paper towel and place them in a plastic bag.

2. Can I substitute flat leaf parsley for curly parsley?

Yes, you can substitute flat leaf parsley for curly parsley in most recipes. Flat leaf parsley has a stronger flavor, so you may want to use less of it than the amount called for in the recipe.

3. Can I freeze fresh oregano?

Yes, you can freeze fresh oregano to extend its shelf life. Simply wash and dry the leaves, place them in an airtight container or freezer bag, and store in the freezer for up to six months.

4. How do I use fresh rosemary in cooking?

Fresh rosemary can be used in a variety of dishes, such as roasted meats, soups, stews, and marinades. Simply strip the leaves from the stem and chop them finely before adding to your dish.

5. How do I store fresh flat leaf parsley?

To keep fresh flat leaf parsley from wilting, trim the stems and place them in a glass of water like a bouquet. Cover the leaves loosely with a plastic bag and store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Change the water every other day to keep the parsley fresh.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nikked
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • janetupnorth
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7