• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fresh Pineapple Salsa

In summary, Nancy created a delicious salsa with pineapple that she will be bringing to a show in Florida.
nancycookspc
Gold Member
WOW was I ever impressed!

I was scared to make it, pineapple, salt, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro & Cucumbers!!! :eek:

WELL I have a great report it was out of this world!

I can imagine doing this for a demo. I would like to do this in conjunction w/ a simple dessert, like a skillet cake.

IT CAN show lots of products-
Here is a list of what I came up with

Core & more, Knives,Salad choppers, Peeler, The corer, Classic Batter bowl, Food chopper, Cutting boards, Pine apple wedger, Citrus press,Kitchen shears, Grinder set, Herb keeper, Measuring spoons, Prep bowl

I Placed all tiems in the bowl except the jalepeno and went to town with thte salad choppers. Jalepeno I did with the food chopper cause I wanted it real fine.

Give it a whirl- its great!

nancy

Yes, very good, especially when served with lime chips!

We sampled this at our regional meeting - it was my favorite! I could eat it by the spoonful. I can't wait to not only use it with chips, but also over grilled fish, or grilled chicken. Makes my mouth water to think about it!

I made this tonight, it was SUPER hot, so I ended up using the whole pineapple to spread the flavor futher. I got many compliments on it! One guy couldn't believe that it was a PC recipe! He said what about the little pizzas (jalapeno popper pizza) told him it was PC too. He is just baffled right now. NOW only if I could get him to do a show for me! When it gets a little warmer, I'm gonna try to get him to do a grilling show.

I will chime in with another AWESOME!
Having some now :)

Thinking of going and getting some more LOL!

Would it be good without the cilantro?? (allergy)

think I'll buy a pineapple tomorrow :)

gingertannery said:
Would it be good without the cilantro?? (allergy)

I can't read and forgot to buy it, tastes fine to me :)

I love cilantro and wouldn't dream of not putting it in for myself, but I'm sure that it would be great without it! It's just that awesome!

Oh I just thought, this would be really good over cream cheese! I'm gonna go do that and I'll let you know how it is!

Update: Its really good with cream cheese!

Last edited:
For sans cilantro, try adding either fresh basil or mint. Different taste, but both would be excellent... I made it with fresh basil this weekend and it was very good. If you go with mint, you'll want to cut back on the amount :)

I love this, I too thought it was a little weird but tried it for my customer appreciation and it was awesome.I'm putting it on my pulled pork sandwich tonight w/ a little chopped cabbage. Yummo!!!

Mine was very, very mild and I think next time I'll leave some of the seeds in - but it is super, duper YUMMY!!!

Can you make this the day before or does it need to be made fresh? Thinking the cucumber may get soggy???:chef:

The next day is ok, but I didn't like it the 3rd day... It definately is better fresh though.

Thanks! I am bringing it to a Spring product showing at school. Serving with blue tortilla chips and lime chips.:chef:

I love the lime chips with it.

I'm heading to Florida for vacation and have a show planned while I'm there. I had planned to make the salsa and a torte. So excited to make it now that I'm hearing such great reviews. Thought I'd be able to sell many pineapple wedgers in Florida. You know sunny and pineapple seem to go hand in hand. Can I make the lime chips ahead of time, will they stay fresh?

I honestly didn't like the ones I made with it. Tostitos makes a great hint of lime tortilla chip! I would go with those!

That sound like the ticket. We are having the show in a party room by the pool - so it doesn't have a kitchen. I'm looking to do no cook presentations and already have things prepared to snack on. My hostess (my SIL) has almost as much PC stuff as I do, so I'm really only taking our new items. Good thing we have an extra suitcase to take. Wednesday can't get here fast enough !!

Where is this recipe? I searched the files but can't find a salsa with pineapple? Sounds like it would be a hit for my Co-Ed Party coming up in a week!

junkfortara said:
Where is this recipe? I searched the files but can't find a salsa with pineapple? Sounds like it would be a hit for my Co-Ed Party coming up in a week!

Spring/Summer 09 Season's Best........and it is yummy.........I never would have tried it, the combo sounded :yuck: Had it at our cluster mtg and was BLOWN away! It is so YUMMMY

1. How do I make fresh pineapple salsa?

To make fresh pineapple salsa, you will need 1 cup of diced fresh pineapple, 1 diced red bell pepper, 1/4 cup diced red onion, 1 diced jalapeno, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, juice of 1 lime, and salt to taste. Simply mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.

2. Can I use canned pineapple instead of fresh?

While it is recommended to use fresh pineapple for the best taste and texture, you can use canned pineapple in a pinch. Just make sure to drain the pineapple before using it in the salsa.

3. How long does fresh pineapple salsa last?

Fresh pineapple salsa can last for up to 3 days if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. However, it is best to consume it within 1-2 days for the freshest taste.

4. What are some ways to serve fresh pineapple salsa?

Fresh pineapple salsa can be served as a dip with tortilla chips, as a topping for tacos or grilled meats, or as a side dish for fish or shrimp. It can also be used as a topping for avocado toast or mixed into a salad.

5. Can I adjust the spice level of the salsa?

Yes, you can adjust the spice level of the salsa by adding more or less jalapeno or by omitting the jalapeno altogether. You can also add some diced mango or pineapple juice to balance out the spiciness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BlessedWifeMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
Replies
Views
Staci
  • cactus_flower
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies