• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fresh Lid System Review: An Honest Evaluation of the 2-Lid System

In summary, the conversation was about the speaker's experience with the Fresh Lid system. They had some initial difficulties with the size of the lids and found that it worked best with a small Tupperware mixing bowl. However, they do not have many bowls that are small enough to use with the lids and may return the product. Another person in the conversation mentioned using the lids on 2 and 3 cup prep bowls, specifically for keeping avocados fresh. The speaker also received some troubleshooting tips from a Pampered Chef consultant.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Well I finally busted out my Fresh Lid system ... and it was not at all what I thought it would be.

The problem is not that there are only 2 lids. The problem is they are both the same size ... and who needs a lid that small?

First try was on a hard plastic bowl. (Not PC.) The lid barely fit on top. As I tried to seal it, the seal went inside the bowl.

Next try was a disposable bowl. The bowl sealed around the food. Which was good, I guess, but not what I expected, to have my bowl mangled.

Third try was a VERY hard, microwavable plastic. Again the opening was too large (not much smaller than the bowl) and not a good seal.

Fourth try was the charm. A small mixing bowl from Tupperware. This worked pretty well, I think. It did get harder to pump the air out pretty quickly. Or maybe I was sick of dealing with it.

Since I have few bowls that are as small as this, I doubt I will be using it much.

I am going to try the "salad in a jar" directions with no food saver and see if that works. Otherwise I'll consider sending it back.

Not what I expected. At all.

I use it on the 2 and 3 cup prep bowls......especially for avocados. Other than that I don't really see a use for it, but it does keep my avocados bright green for several days

I don't have 2 or 3 cup prep bowls.

It also fits nicely on the MFP bowl. Any glass or hard plastic bowl up to that size that does not have a pour spout will work.

Hi there,I'm sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience with the Fresh Lid system. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I want to make sure that all of my customers are happy with their purchases and I'd love to help you troubleshoot any issues you may be having.One thing that may help is to make sure that you are using the correct size lid for the bowl you are trying to seal. The Fresh Lid system comes with two different sizes, one for smaller bowls and one for larger bowls. It sounds like the lids may have been too big for the bowls you were using, which could explain why they didn't fit properly.I also want to mention that the Fresh Lid system is designed to be used with Pampered Chef's own bowls and containers, which are made specifically to work with the lids. While they may work with other brands, the best results will be with our own products.I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any further questions or concerns. I want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your purchase.Best,

What is the Fresh Lid System?

The Fresh Lid System is a set of reusable silicone lids that are designed to fit various sizes and shapes of containers, creating an airtight seal to keep food fresh and eliminate the need for plastic wrap or foil.

How does the Fresh Lid System work?

The Fresh Lid System works by creating a vacuum seal when pressed onto a container. The lids are made of stretchy silicone material that can fit snugly on a variety of sizes and shapes, making it easy to seal any container.

Are the Fresh Lid System lids safe to use in the microwave and freezer?

Yes, the Fresh Lid System lids are safe to use in the microwave and freezer. They can withstand temperatures from -40°F to 446°F, making them versatile for all your food storage needs.

How do I clean and care for my Fresh Lid System lids?

The Fresh Lid System lids are dishwasher safe, making cleaning a breeze. You can also hand wash them with warm soapy water. To ensure longevity, avoid using sharp objects on the lids and store them in a dry place.

Are the Fresh Lid System lids environmentally friendly?

Yes, the Fresh Lid System lids are environmentally friendly. They are reusable and eliminate the need for single-use plastic wrap or foil, reducing waste and helping to protect the environment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dancedivine
  • pampchefsarah
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • AlowayFamily