• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fresh lid system review

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
Well I finally busted out my Fresh Lid system ... and it was not at all what I thought it would be.

The problem is not that there are only 2 lids. The problem is they are both the same size ... and who needs a lid that small?

First try was on a hard plastic bowl. (Not PC.) The lid barely fit on top. As I tried to seal it, the seal went inside the bowl.

Next try was a disposable bowl. The bowl sealed around the food. Which was good, I guess, but not what I expected, to have my bowl mangled.

Third try was a VERY hard, microwavable plastic. Again the opening was too large (not much smaller than the bowl) and not a good seal.

Fourth try was the charm. A small mixing bowl from Tupperware. This worked pretty well, I think. It did get harder to pump the air out pretty quickly. Or maybe I was sick of dealing with it.

Since I have few bowls that are as small as this, I doubt I will be using it much.

I am going to try the "salad in a jar" directions with no food saver and see if that works. Otherwise I'll consider sending it back.

Not what I expected. At all.

monicag

Silver Member
Jan 21, 2012
I use it on the 2 and 3 cup prep bowls......especially for avocados. Other than that I don't really see a use for it, but it does keep my avocados bright green for several days

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
I don't have 2 or 3 cup prep bowls.

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
It also fits nicely on the MFP bowl. Any glass or hard plastic bowl up to that size that does not have a pour spout will work.