• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring the Fresh Lasting Lid System: Tips, Complaints, Praise, and More!

In summary, the Fresh Lasting Lid System is a handy way to keep salads fresh for a week. Some people have had issues with the lids popping off, but overall this seems like a useful product.
Admin Greg
Staff member
Please discuss the Fresh Lasting Lid System. Tips, complaints, praise, reviews, ideas, thoughts...

This seems pretty cool, but I'm wondering when I'd use it. Only having 2 lids for it, how do you decide what to use it for? We need more lids available for separate purchasing.

Yes, we definitely need more lids available, for sure. But I would just it on the occasion that I have something in a regular bowl that needs to go in the fridge, or for the MFP. I probably wouldn't bother for the Prep Bowls.

OK I guess I am a geek for being excited about this one. How often have we seen "Salad in a Jar" advertised, only to find we cannot do it because we don't have a food saver?

This will allow us to make salads in advance and keep them fresh for a week!

Last edited:
I have a FoodSaver and would still use this product. I see it as something for "smaller" jobs. It is a pain in the neck to make sure I have the right size FS container and vacuum the air out of it. Most of my FS containers are larger and meant for long-term storage not everyday use. I see this as the answer to everyday needs. Love that I can use any bowl/container without a spout for it. No more plastic wrap on top of my guacamole!!I agree though, we need the option to buy extra lids without the pump.

Besides the 3 Cup prep bowls, what other bowls will these work on that we have? I am new so I'm not sure. Thanks!

Any square or round bowl that fits the diameter of it that has a smooth rim (can't have a spout).

Just for the heck of it, I tried this on my cereal bowls. They have the same diameter as the lid and it created a vacuum. The bowl was empty so I can't tell you how well it worked, but I had to try it.

My AD posted a picture of her trying it out last night on a prep bowl with avocado in it. She said it worked well! :)

I see this as a future science fair project: Which works better to keep guacamole from turning brown? Plastic wrap, Press N Seal, ziplock with air pushed out, seed in the middle of the bowl, or PC vacuum lids? (a few years ago we did heat conduction of pans using PC pans and other pans)

I'd be interested to hear how well they keep guacamole from turning.

Is anyone using this yet??? How do you like it? What have you used it on?
Thanks!

chefloretta said:
I'd be interested to hear how well they keep guacamole from turning.
I used it on a prep bowl with leftover guacamole after our Oscar Party. The guac had already started to turn a little just in the bowl we were eating out of. When I ate the saved part two days later, it wasn't any darker than when I put it in there. I'll try again next time I make some and seal it up sooner than I did this time. But I think it worked really well overall. Definitely better than putting it in a container with plastic wrap on top to try to keep air off it.Shari in TX

I get the advantage of using this for guac. But what are some other foods that this would be a benefit for over just using some plastic wrap ???

bSince my roll of plastic wrap is 20 years old, I use this for things I want to cover but don't want to transfer to a storage container

I just tried this out on my 2-cup prep bowl, and put it in the fridge (with an avocado). Unfortunately the lid popped off after having been in the fridge for a few hours. I tried it again on another prep bowl, and made extra sure to pump it until I couldn't anymore, and it was perfectly sealed, but again after refrigeration the lid popped off.
Anyone else had this happen? I hope mine is just defective, and that they don't actually do this!

One of my lids was defective - I put bowl lids on bowls, and while one kept popping off, the other is still perfectly sealed after 3 days of being in the fridge! YAY! I'm having my defective lid replaced...

When this was introduced, I thought this would be one of the superstars of the spring line. Doesn't seem to be much buzz about this product. Are you promoting or selling these? Any other feedback?

I haven't sold any and have only a had a few people to ask about it. I need to see it work I guess a video on it would be nice.

I finally played with mine tonight. I put water in a 3 cup prep bowl, sealed it & inverted it. ZERO leakage. I'm pretty impressed. :D Taking it with me to my booth tomorrow.

1. What is the Fresh Lasting Lid System?

The Fresh Lasting Lid System is a set of reusable silicone lids that are designed to keep your food fresh for longer periods of time.

2. How many lids are included in the Fresh Lasting Lid System?

The Fresh Lasting Lid System includes a total of 6 lids in various sizes to fit a variety of containers.

3. Are the lids safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, the Fresh Lasting Lid System is safe to use in the microwave, as well as in the refrigerator and freezer.

4. Can the lids be washed in the dishwasher?

Yes, the Fresh Lasting Lid System is dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning.

5. How do I use the Fresh Lasting Lid System?

To use the Fresh Lasting Lid System, simply place the lid over a clean and dry container and press down on the center to create an airtight seal. The lid can also be stretched to fit over larger containers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Admin Greg