• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

French Onion and Mushroom Soup - Rock Crok Recipe Request

In summary, the conversation is about a person wanting the French Onion & Mushroom Soup recipe that is not included in the recipe cards for their everyday pan. Another person shares the recipe, which includes ingredients and directions for making the soup. The person requesting the recipe expresses their gratitude and asks if anyone is willing to make it for them for dinner.
AmyDare
I have the everyday pan, but would really like the French Onion & Mushroom Soup recipe...it's not on the recipe cards for the everyday pan.
Could someone please post it?

Here you go!French Onion & Mushroom Soup-6 Tbsp Butter (3/4 stick), divided
-6 oz French bread, sliced into 16 (1/2") slices
-8 oz cremini mushrooms, quartered
-5 large sweet onions
-3 garlic cloves, pressed
-1 Tbsp sugar
-1 Cup dry red wine (such as Cabernet Sauvignon)
-3 Tbsp flour
-8 Cups unsalted beef stock
-2 tsp salt
-1 tsp ground black pepper
-3 sprigs fresh thyme, plus 1 Tbsp leaves
-6 oz Gruyere cheese, sheeded (1-1/2 Cups)Directions
1. Melt 1 Tbsp of the butter in Dutch Oven over medium heat. Toast bread 1-2 minutes per side or until light golden brown; remove bread; set aside.2. Add 1 Tbsp of the butter and mushrooms to the Dutch Oven; cook, uncovered 8-9 minutes, or until mushrooms are deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove mushrooms.3. Meanwhile, slice onions with Simple Slicer on #2 setting. Add remaining 4 Tbsp butter, onions, garlic and sugar to Dutch Oven, cook, uncovered 25-30 minutes or until onions are dark brown, stirring occasionally.4. Add wine; cook, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until liquid is no longer visible, but onions are still moist. Stir in flour, cook 1 minute. Stir in stock, salt, pepper, and mushrooms. Insert thyme springs into Herb Infuser, add to soup. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until soup comes to a gentle boil. Remove from heat and remove Herb Infuser.5. Preheat broiler. Arrange toasted bread over soup; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Place Dutch Oven 2-4 inches from heating element; broil 2-4 minutes or until cheese is bubbling. Remove from oven; sprinkle with thyme leaves.

Thanks Ashley!

Thank you!!

Now, is anyone willing to make this for me for dinner? I've had a rough Monday and this sounds fabulous..:)

Y'all are very welcome!

1. How long does it take to make French Onion and Mushroom Soup in the Rock Crok?

The total cook time for this recipe is approximately 50 minutes.

2. Can I use any type of onions for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of onions for this soup. However, yellow onions are typically recommended for their strong flavor.

3. Can I substitute other types of mushrooms for the ones listed in the recipe?

Yes, you can use different types of mushrooms such as cremini, shiitake, or oyster mushrooms, but keep in mind that they may alter the flavor and texture of the soup.

4. Do I need to preheat the Rock Crok before adding the ingredients?

No, you do not need to preheat the Rock Crok before adding the ingredients. It is safe to add ingredients to the Rock Crok when it is cold.

5. Can I make this soup in the oven instead of on the stovetop?

Yes, this soup can also be made in the oven. Simply follow the same instructions, but instead of simmering on the stovetop, place the Rock Crok in the oven at 375°F for 30 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • pampchefrhondab