• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No-Waste Cookie Dough: Freeze & Bake As Needed

In summary, the cookie dough can be frozen for up to 3 months and should be labeled with the date it was frozen. It can be thawed in the refrigerator for 24 hours or at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. The dough can also be frozen in individual portions by scooping onto a baking sheet and then transferring to a freezer-safe container. When using frozen cookie dough, the baking time may need to be adjusted by 1-2 minutes and mix-ins can be added before freezing.
DebPC
Staff member
Make a big batch of your favorite cookie dough, scoop onto cookie sheets and freeze. When they are frozen solid put them in freezer bags. When you NEED cookies, bake as few or as many as you NEED without lots of waste or guilt. Just add 1 to 2 minutes to the cook time.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/3973/cookiedoughfreeze69039n.jpg

I love this idea and have been doing it for several years. Around the Christmas holidays, I gather my 3 kids and we have Cookie Day (they're now 16, 18 & 21 & we still do this). We each pick a recipe or two and make one double or two different cookies. We bake some, then scoop & freeze the rest. When the holidays, company, or just a Cookie Night, comes around, we can have fresh baked cookies quickly. Not only is having fresh cookies great, but the time we spend making the dough is my favorite part. We laugh and joke and just catch up - at their ages it's sometimes hard to get everyone together, so that dough making time is 'Priceless' to me. I've been doing this with them since they were little, and we still have mistakes and near disasters with the dough - but that just makes more laughs and memories!

What a Great idea! I freeze batches of dough, but I haven't scooped it out before hand. With toddlers around, this is perfect for making a batch of just a few cookies.

1. How long can the cookie dough be frozen for?

The cookie dough can be frozen for up to 3 months. Make sure to label the container with the date it was frozen on.

2. Can the cookie dough be thawed before baking?

Yes, the cookie dough can be thawed in the refrigerator for 24 hours before baking. Alternatively, you can let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.

3. Can I freeze the cookie dough in individual portions?

Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough in individual portions by scooping out the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freezing until solid. Then, transfer the frozen dough balls to a freezer-safe container or bag.

4. Do I need to adjust the baking time when using frozen cookie dough?

Yes, you may need to add 1-2 minutes to the baking time when using frozen cookie dough. Keep an eye on the cookies and bake until they are golden brown around the edges.

5. Can I add mix-ins to the cookie dough before freezing?

Yes, you can add mix-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit to the cookie dough before freezing. Just make sure to evenly distribute them throughout the dough for even baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
wadesgirl