• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Free Sample of Science Diet Nature's Best Dog Food - Start Sampling

A
Admin Greg
Rating: 11 Posted By: farside
Views: 342 Replies: 2 Text
You need an account, if you don't have one, register
Currently 42,959 leftMore Online Coupons from Fatwallet.com.
Get the coupon/deal here...

Admin Greg said:
Rating: 11 Posted By: farside
Views: 342 Replies: 2

Text
You need an account, if you don't have one, register
Currently 42,959 left

More Online Coupons from Fatwallet.com.

Get the coupon/deal here...

Greg, I was signing up for this one and it asks for a referrer's Member ID. What is yours?

Things that make you go hmmm....So...not wanting to be a pot stirrer:devil::angel:...but we have been talking about self-promotion and....

I was wondering isn't this signature from CS considered self-promotion? Because she of course gets extra free calls when she refers someone to Post calls...or does she sell them herself?

Just wondering when I saw her siggy? And like I said I don't want to cause the pot to boil over, just wondering what you guys thought...

"Want your attendance to go up?
1. Mail out the invites yourself so you know when and how many are invited and...
2. Use Post Calls to do reminder calls for your hosts.
Email me or PM for more info and a way to save $$ on the calls!"

I saw that one too....not a big deal to me.

Hmmm, guess I really didn't think of it that way when I see that type of thing in peoples' signature lines. It doesn't bother me like the "other" self-promotion that happens over there.

I guess I was just surprised to see it! At least she isn't promoting another DS line!!:)

There's a LOT of self promotion in the sig lines over there. ChefAnn advertizes her jewelry making and that chef line she does (don't know if she gets a profit on that though - I think she said not) for instance.

There's another one that has several links to sites and it looks like she sells a ton of different direct sales things.

bethcooks4u said:
There's a LOT of self promotion in the sig lines over there. ChefAnn advertizes her jewelry making and that chef line she does (don't know if she gets a profit on that though - I think she said not) for instance.

There's another one that has several links to sites and it looks like she sells a ton of different direct sales things.

Very true Beth I forgot about ChefAnn and such. I wonder exactly what self-promotion means? I understand we can't jump on an interrested person and give them our phone number and such...but where is the line drawn?:confused:

fruit76loop said:
Very true Beth I forgot about ChefAnn and such. I wonder exactly what self-promotion means? I understand we can't jump on an interrested person and give them our phone number and such...but where is the line drawn?:confused:

at the risk of being blacklisted (or put on ignore with more of the elite), I think it depends on the poster. If they are popular or a "regular" poster, or the CS Mafia as I think of them, they have free reign. If you tick off the Mafia, they come after you!;)

amy07 said:
at the risk of being blacklisted (or put on ignore with more of the elite), I think it depends on the poster. If they are popular or a "regular" poster, or the CS Mafia as I think of them, they have free reign. If you tick off the Mafia, they come after you!;)

You have me rolling here--the CS Mafia?!?!?! Too funny!!!!:p:p:cool:

amy07 said:

:D:D:D

That is SO true!

Unless it's a recipe request, I'm not posting over there any longer. I got one too many "you're policing" messages and nasty replies. The last one I got was when I responded to the woman catering her son's Boy Scouts dinner for 60 and I suggested she get insurance to cover her butt especially since they were paying her for it. Just trying to help and she sent me a nasty reply.I don't need them bringing me down when I'm only out to help... I have my family for that! ;)I like the attitudes and support here better.

finley1991 said:
Just trying to help and she sent me a nasty reply.

I don't need them bringing me down when I'm only out to help... I have my family for that! ;)

I like the attitudes and support here better.

Geez louise!! Some people are rude! Sorry she jumped down your throat!!

fruit76loop said:
So...not wanting to be a pot stirrer:devil::angel:...but we have been talking about self-promotion and....

I was wondering isn't this signature from CS considered self-promotion? Because she of course gets extra free calls when she refers someone to Post calls...or does she sell them herself?

Just wondering when I saw her siggy? And like I said I don't want to cause the pot to boil over, just wondering what you guys thought...

"Want your attendance to go up?
1. Mail out the invites yourself so you know when and how many are invited and...
2. Use Post Calls to do reminder calls for your hosts.
Email me or PM for more info and a way to save $$ on the calls!"
I hijacked a thread and asked her to start a thread with the post info so that everyone would know. She posted that she will but will keep it on her sig for those that miss the thread. So we'll see what it's about... hopefully it'll help everyone!

I am with you Colleen....I check the Paige thread daily and if I need recipes, I do a search. That is it!!!! Just too much crap over there and the folks I know that will help me are here on DCS or well on their way!

finley1991 said:
Unless it's a recipe request, I'm not posting over there any longer. I got one too many "you're policing" messages and nasty replies. The last one I got was when I responded to the woman catering her son's Boy Scouts dinner for 60 and I suggested she get insurance to cover her butt especially since they were paying her for it. Just trying to help and she sent me a nasty reply.

You've GOT to be kidding me!!!!

I actually got a nice PM. There was one day where there was a string of bitching and moaning posts (bitching about the new Opp line # among other things) and I made a point to post positive things on those couple threads. Anyway, someone PM'd me and told me she appreciated my positive attitude. :)

I'm sorry that woman was so nasty to you, Colleen. If it helps any, I was thinking the same thing. ((HUGS))

ya know, I really just want to post on there something that says "what is wrong with you people?????" and bring to their attention that just because someone gives you info about PC in that forum does not make it law! Call the FREE number to HO and ask if you want what is law! Don't bitch and moan at those of us that have read our information or asked enough questions of HO to some know answers.
PHEW...it just makes me mad as all get out that new folks go on there and get in the habit of asking on CS rather than asking their Directors or HO. I no longer tell new consultants about CS and I think that is a shame since it really can be a great source of tips and info!

off my soapbox, now

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_200v.gif

As for self-promotion, I was doing a show for a MK lady and she was so excited about their charitable giving campaign. I PM'd Greg to see if it was okay to put out a link to her website for the limited time charitable thingie and he said no because it was self-promotion....I was getting nothing out of it. However, I really didn't care, I just thought it would be nice if this cause had a few more supporters.

that's what you get for asking! Others don't ask and just do it anyway!
Plucks my last nerve!

I can add to the group of folks who no longer visit CS except for the files section. I also do not tell my consultants about the site since it is so flippin negative, and/or out right WRONG half the time. What I do tell my team is that if they want recipes or tips for anythign, that I can use some resources I have to find them. I can then help my team without sending them into a hornets nest. It is an absolute shame how bad some of these basic sites become and I am SOOOOOOOO glad for this one.

I just replied to a thread on what to do if you get a booking after a show. A newer consultant was doing her best to beat the system. I offered a couple of suggestions that I do - and one that I used to do but feel it isn't ethical. I'll probably get stomped on, but oh well.

cmdtrgd said:
I just replied to a thread on what to do if you get a booking after a show. A newer consultant was doing her best to beat the system. I offered a couple of suggestions that I do - and one that I used to do but feel it isn't ethical. I'll probably get stomped on, but oh well.

Thanks for seeing that before me - lol.

That same consultant was the one who was putting her first show in her roommates cat's name and I called her on it - getting myself stomped on (to use your words). :yuck::mad::rolleyes:

I remember that one. I did think she was truly trying to find an alternative (the cat one) and wanted to know what we thought. She was pretty calm until recently. Now, I'm not so sure. Maybe she doesn't understand ethics or something....not sure.

well, I couldn't keep my self out of the "pot"......there was a post about selling on eBay that Chef Ann answered a question and was nailed about it by the person that thinks Ann turned her in for violating a rule........the post is called "being a tattle-tale" if you want to see what happens when I get involved..........................gotta go work my business now! Off to a show!

happypcgal said:
I can add to the group of folks who no longer visit CS except for the files section. I also do not tell my consultants about the site since it is so flippin negative, and/or out right WRONG half the time. What I do tell my team is that if they want recipes or tips for anythign, that I can use some resources I have to find them. I can then help my team without sending them into a hornets nest. It is an absolute shame how bad some of these basic sites become and I am SOOOOOOOO glad for this one.

Golly jeee....I am glad that I am not the only one who doesn't want my team to know about chef success.

After that first thread that I got into it with everyone...I just decided that they don't need they drama in their lives!!:)

Well, I need to stay away too. Now there's a Jim on there who is saying that I am ridiculous and idiotic for saying that we can't say we are PC consultants on other forums - or maybe he's saying that the policy is - whatever.:yuck::mad::grumpy:

Then when I said "excuse me" (I was shocked by his post) he said I was childish. What drama!

And I NEVER tell my team about CS. There is too much bickering, negativity, totally wrong information, etc, etc over there. No way.

(I'm still shaking about that whole thing!):grumpy:

bethcooks4u said:
Well, I need to stay away too. Now there's a Jim on there who is saying that I am ridiculous and idiotic for saying that we can't say we are PC consultants on other forums - or maybe he's saying that the policy is - whatever.:yuck::mad::grumpy:

Then when I said "excuse me" (I was shocked by his post) he said I was childish. What drama!

And I NEVER tell my team about CS. There is too much bickering, negativity, totally wrong information, etc, etc over there. No way.

(I'm still shaking about that whole thing!):grumpy:

Don't be too upset about it, Beth. it's just getting plain ridiculous over there. It's hard not to get wrapped up in it. It's sad how negative it is over there. I'll need to check it out of course....it is like a train wreck (Meg said that, didn't she?) where you need to keep seeing what's going on.

I stopped telling consultants about CS before it got this crazy over there. Mostly because it was starting to get somewhat negative and I just think it's so easy to waste so much time over there. I do try to pass along what great flyers and ideas I find there to my team, but it's been a LONG time since I've suggested it to someone. Even back when I voiced that concern (not really promoting it to my newer consultants), I got jumped on by Pampered Laura for what she basically thought was withholding very important information from my team. Oh please, that's what all the training materials and I am for!!! (And did you all happen to see her other subtle plug for herself and her biz regarding her show total on Kelly's post call thread?).

Anyway, try to forget about it Beth. Those people who bring all the others down (as well as turn the mood negative) don't deserve the focus.:):)

pamperedbecky said:
Don't be too upset about it, Beth. it's just getting plain ridiculous over there. It's hard not to get wrapped up in it. It's sad how negative it is over there. I'll need to check it out of course....it is like a train wreck (Meg said that, didn't she?) where you need to keep seeing what's going on.

I stopped telling consultants about CS before it got this crazy over there. Mostly because it was starting to get somewhat negative and I just think it's so easy to waste so much time over there. I do try to pass along what great flyers and ideas I find there to my team, but it's been a LONG time since I've suggested it to someone. Even back when I voiced that concern (not really promoting it to my newer consultants), I got jumped on by Pampered Laura for what she basically thought was withholding very important information from my team. Oh please, that's what all the training materials and I am for!!! (And did you all happen to see her other subtle plug for herself and her biz regarding her show total on Kelly's post call thread?).

Anyway, try to forget about it Beth. Those people who bring all the others down (as well as turn the mood negative) don't deserve the focus.:):)

Thanks Becky. He came back and apologized. I accepted, hoping that will end that little drama but I am still very upset by it all. He can't have been as innocent as he tried to sound in the apology.

I did see that post by Laura on Kelly's thread - I didn't think it was subtle at all though. As far as her opinion of you (or any of us) not sharing CS with our teams - I have to think that it gives her less people to try to recruit over to her company. Sorry, I know I sound mean - but then it's just us who can read it anyway - venting to each other over our beer (or margarita, or wine or chocolate martini or...). Too bad we don't have anything in the house - or maybe that's a good thing.

bethcooks4u said:
I did see that post by Laura on Kelly's thread - I didn't think it was subtle at all though. As far as her opinion of you (or any of us) not sharing CS with our teams - I have to think that it gives her less people to try to recruit over to her company. Sorry, I know I sound mean - but then it's just us who can read it anyway - venting to each other over our beer (or margarita, or wine or chocolate martini or...). Too bad we don't have anything in the house - or maybe that's a good thing.

Yeah, you're right....it really wasn't that subtle!

I was thinking a glass of wine would be good right about now, but maybe I should just go to bed. I did go see that thread with Jin and that apology...it's hard to tell how sincere it was, but hopefully now it'll die down.:pray:

bethcooks4u said:
Thanks Becky. He came back and apologized. I accepted, hoping that will end that little drama but I am still very upset by it all. He can't have been as innocent as he tried to sound in the apology.

Too funny! I just came on for a few minutes and started reading the posts and I felt bad for Beth! :cry:I read that post just like you did! Who is this Jim guy anyway??:devil:

And I didn't like that subtle post either!! I don't believe that her show average is that high anyway....she just started what 8 months ago? I don't know about you guys but my show average after 8 months was $400 or so and now after 5 years it is approaching the $1000 mark! I know that their products are alot higher priced than ours...but can you really get into a market where everyone can spend that much?? :bugeye:Another things that make you go hmmm.......

Okay.. just caught up on THAT thread! WOW! So Jim is new... he'll learn... I hope.The thing that I don't get, and NEVER have, is that PC doesn't really impose too many rules on us. Why then, is it so friggin' hard for some to follow the ones that we do have? I for one, and I'm sure several can agree, that PC treats us so amazingly good!!!! I have no problem following policy because they treat us so well. It was no huge deal, but how cute was the popcorn in with the DVD? It's all the little things that add up and mean so much. I was so excited when I saw it and showed how the DVD was packaged to everyone. Maybe it's just because in the past I've had crappy employers? My reward for work was either more work or the attitude of "your reward is keeping your job! Don't you remember how many people we let go last week? You could be next you know!" I guess I just get defensive when PC is slammed because I love it so much. As far as PamperedLaura and her "incredible" show average. Yes... she's been with her new company less than a year and it's still a novelty. When I started PC my show average was $1k for my first year... then after the second year it dropped to $595. Now it's $720. Once the novelty wore off, things changed a bit. Now it's back up because I am getting consistent, host coaching better and being more intentional.And there is no chance in "you know where" I will EVER send my consultants to CS. If they are at a stage in their businesses where I can trust that they will work first and read the message boards second, I will send them. But if I did refer them, I know what would happen. I would start getting the calls that say, "I read this.. is this a good idea?" I want them working first and foremost. Might sound mean but I frankly don't think they need the distraction or negative attitudes.Okay... off to clean... I'm on this spring cleaning binge and in the mood to throw things out. I'm not in that mood very often so I have to take advantage of it!!!!! ;)

OK - I must have SO many of them on my ignore-list ... because I can't even FIND the thread ya'll are talking about!! LOL
What's the thread called?

LOL Carolyn!

Wow. It is so clear that most of us want to be supportive and share and help our consultants...but (IMO) CS has mutated to something really nasty (at times). It IS a train wreck and we have every solid, director level reason to NOT tell our team members about it. I totally agree that folks should at least try to go to the PC resources and/or upline people for training and advise. Sites like CS and even DirectorCS need to be EXTRA, not replacing the first line of resources we have! It just makes me cringe to think of some of these folks representing our company as consultants!

It must be very frustrating for Greg to watch too...like a baby that becomes a bully at school.

A couple quick comments to share:

I still think CS is an invaluable tool and share it with anyone looking to grow their business. Like any public gathering, it has 'all kinds'. Drama, laughter, and non-PC related stuff is all there.

My caveat to those I tell about CS is to always know each time they sign on why they are signing on and to own it....otherwise they'll get sucked in and waste time. Most times the focus is on seeking flyers, expertise, or a jolt of motivation. Other times, it is to see what's new, 'recharge thru vegetation' or to be entertained (yep, I'll admit it!). Keeping a PC timer next to the computer isn't a bad idea either.

As for the negativity, there is some out there. There is also an awful lot of genuine, caring, nicely-mannered ;) consultants trying to make a go of their business. For them (and me), CS can be a life-line. Because of that, I have a hard time putting anyone on 'ignore'. If inaccurate info is posted (that I know is inaccurate), then I want to be aware of it. (I also find the ignore button personally kinda icky....like being on the playground again....but that's me. :blushing:)

Anyway, just a different perspective.

legacypc46 said:
A couple quick comments to share:

I still think CS is an invaluable tool and share it with anyone looking to grow their business. Like any public gathering, it has 'all kinds'. Drama, laughter, and non-PC related stuff is all there.

My caveat to those I tell about CS is to always know each time they sign on why they are signing on and to own it....otherwise they'll get sucked in and waste time. Most times the focus is on seeking flyers, expertise, or a jolt of motivation. Other times, it is to see what's new, 'recharge thru vegetation' or to be entertained (yep, I'll admit it!). Keeping a PC timer next to the computer isn't a bad idea either.

As for the negativity, there is some out there. There is also an awful lot of genuine, caring, nicely-mannered ;) consultants trying to make a go of their business. For them (and me), CS can be a life-line. Because of that, I have a hard time putting anyone on 'ignore'. If inaccurate info is posted (that I know is inaccurate), then I want to be aware of it. (I also find the ignore button personally kinda icky....like being on the playground again....but that's me. :blushing:)

Anyway, just a different perspective.

I totally agree about the ignore button - I have put one person on it but then took him off for the very reason you mentioned.

Still... I don't share CS with new consultants. I also discourage the use of flyers other than the ones PC has available. When I started with PC there were a lot of flyers/ideas out there that were great enhancements to the business but recently HO has incorporated most of those into professional materials - they saw and provided. There is less and less reason to look for additional things to give to our hosts/recruits - and besides they don't read it anyway.

That all being said, I do share about CS to more seasoned consultants who are looking for certain things but I do warn them about the negatives of the site (negativity, drama, incorrect information, sucking time...).

I put "him" on ignore too. I got tired of seeing his face along with his comments. I only see his comments if someone quotes him now. He is a pest! :grumpy:

1. How do I get a free sample of Science Diet Nature's Best Dog Food?

In order to get a free sample of Science Diet Nature's Best Dog Food, you will need to have an account with Start Sampling. If you do not have an account, you can easily register for one on their website.

2. Is there a limit to the number of free samples I can receive?

Yes, there is a limit of one free sample per household. This ensures that everyone has the chance to try out the product.

3. How do I know if I am eligible for the free sample?

If you have registered for an account and there are still samples available, you should be eligible to receive a free sample of Science Diet Nature's Best Dog Food.

4. How long does it take to receive the free sample?

It typically takes 4-6 weeks for the free sample to arrive at your doorstep. If you have not received it within this time frame, you can contact Start Sampling for assistance.

5. Can I request a specific flavor for the free sample?

No, the free samples are sent out randomly and you cannot request a specific flavor. However, you can purchase the flavor you prefer at a pet supply store near you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
OhmyDLM
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • Admin Greg