1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Free gift for host

1. ChefMary412

ChefMary412 Advanced Member

So I tried a new thing with my current host. I told her that if she had 4 outside orders before the show, I would give her a little extra prize. Well, she emailed me super excited because she had that.... thing is. I have no idea what to give her. I don't want to spend too much and intend to put it on her order, which would be with a discount... any suggestions? She is single and has her own place and enjoys cooking.

Jul 17, 2009
  2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Small batter bowl
    Scraper

3. PCMomto4

PCMomto4 Member

Do you know how much the orders are for? That might make a difference in your selecting what to give her.

Jul 17, 2009
  4. ChefMary412

That is a good idea.. maybe I will have a few thoughts in mind and wait to let her know until after I see the total? A small batter bowl was my first idea.

Jul 17, 2009
  5. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

Well, my first question would be what do you normally give your hosts? Just a Season's Best or something else?

I give my hosts as Season's Best and something else that's small- an all-purpose spreader, mini whipper, i-slice, quickut knife, etc. Something that I would add for my host would be a scraper, the small bamboo spoons, a spice or rub, or one of the dipping seasonings.

Jul 17, 2009
  6. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

One other thought, maybe the seasoning you are using in the recipe you have chosen.

7. doughmama

doughmama Advanced Member Silver Member

in the future, maybe instead of offering a gift for outside orders, you may want to be a little more specific - offer a free gift for $300 in outside orders (or whatever amount you decide on).

I always give the host a season's best. if the show is really good, I have the host tell me everything that she wants to purchase and then I pick something from that list and tell her that I would like to buy it for her as a thank you for hosting the party. That way I know it something that she really wanted.

Jul 17, 2009
  8. darlinclem

darlinclem Advanced Member Gold Member

I have been giving the reusable shopping bags- I have hosts soooo excited to be getting them because they are larger than most.

Jul 17, 2009
  9. pampered2007

pampered2007 Member

How about one of Pampered Chef's new shopping bags! You can find them on the supply order form. Other ideas would be the Season's Best or one of the pantry rubs or spices. There are numerous products that are $5 and under in the catalog! Just remember that it's the thought that counts, anything you choose will be great :)

Jul 17, 2009
  10. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

i told my first 3 hosts the same thing! and i am unsure but i am thinking about getting them one of the pantry items and then the bamboo spoons.

Jul 17, 2009
  11. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Look over her wishlist and pick something inexpensive. Or the RUFTH Trivet. The small bamboo spoons are great too.

12. ChefMary412

I did not think about the reuseable bag. That is a great idea. I always give the SB to the host.

Jul 18, 2009
  13. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

In wave one, my team mate talked to one of the Million Dollare Achievers to pick her brain. She tells her host if they have $200 before she gets there they get a gift and she just adds a seasoning/rub to their order. So, I think a Pantry item would be fine. :)

Jul 18, 2009
  14. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

I tell my Hosts if they have 8 outside orders, I give them an extra $15 in FPV. I also buy my Host Special for my Host if she has at least $500 show. Course that won't work in August with the Cookware! I'll have to figure that out!

Jul 18, 2009
  15. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

I've said if you have $100 in outside orders before your show I will give you and extra $10 product on your order. They choose and extra product and you get the host discount. I just take $10 off their final total when I tell them what they owe.

Jul 18, 2009
  16. IAmChefJ

IAmChefJ Member

If you take $10 off their total... that's costing you more, isn't it? As opposed to $10 in product that you'd get their 20% or whatever host discount that would only cost you $8?

Or am I reading that totally wrong? LOL

Jul 19, 2009
  17. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

I too give out the shopping bag at the beginning of the show and a SB. Then I let the guests know when I hear them say "oh that's nice!" I reply with, unfortunately these are not for sale, however, you too can get one if you host a show. I have a few dates available this month, lets talk after the show. :) Then I figure if they do actually carry the bag, perhaps it will stir up some business. Another thought: drop a business card or two in it that way they have it if someone has a request or shows interest. Then offer your host a reward for their marketing. :D (I would give out the mini whipper to thank them for helping me to 'whip up some business). (And you can order the bags, SB, and whipper off of supply order.)

Jul 19, 2009
  18. JennLizFran

JennLizFran Member Gold Member

I just became a Pampered Chef consultant. The host I did my first party through gave me the option of a small micro-cooker or a seasoning if I had $300 in orders before the show. I got the micro-cooker and since have sold everyone I meet on them! It was nice to have a choice as well. Some people prefer fresh herbs, or have their own special seasoning mixes.

Jul 21, 2009
  19. JMT

JMT Member

I give their choice of a "sprinkle and spice" when they have 5 orders, or $150 in outside orders before their show. I like that they have a choice in what they get without just opening it up to $x n free product value.

Jul 21, 2009
  20. krackley

krackley Member

Wow - lots of good ideas - I do the $10 in extra FPV if they have 5 orders before their show. This is great, because it's easier for me to get my hosts to get orders AFTER their show (they're shooting for that next hundred $ mark), but getting some orders before the show really boosts their total and makes them more excited when it's all over!

Jul 21, 2009
Have something to add?