• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Free Conference in March Worth It?

In summary, some consultants are discussing a promotion where they can earn PC$ instead of free conference for reaching a certain level of sales. Some consultants are excited about this alternative option and the timing of receiving the PC$ in August. However, one consultant is upset because she feels she is being taxed on a greater amount for the free conference she earned through the 2009 incentive program. Another consultant wonders if she should notify the company about her 1099 not listing the value of the free conference.
sandilou
Silver Member
Was there anything extra for Level one last year besides free conference that I am forgetting about? Because it took me $23000 in sales and 1 recruit to get that and now I see you can get that for $4000 in sales in March. There can't be THAT big of difference, can there? :(

Sandi

The fine print for the March promo says that if you earned Free Conference in the 2009 Incentive Program, you will then receive PC$ in the amount of the discount you would earn.

NooraK said:
The fine print for the March promo says that if you earned Free Conference in the 2009 Incentive Program, you will then receive PC$ in the amount of the discount you would earn.

Which I find especially exciting! :D I already have free conference, and I had over $300 in PC$ from the Dec. promo...and I'll be out by the time March rolls around, after buying new Spring Supplies, and new S/S product I may want.

I'm very happy that PC is giving us this alternative!:thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
Which I find especially exciting! :D I already have free conference, and I had over $300 in PC$ from the Dec. promo...and I'll be out by the time March rolls around, after buying new Spring Supplies, and new S/S product I may want.

I'm very happy that PC is giving us this alternative!:thumbup:

The sad part is you don't get them until August :cry: I was a little worried to see that they offered it since I too earned it but was glad they offered something extra.

wadesgirl said:
The sad part is you don't get them until August :cry: I was a little worried to see that they offered it since I too earned it but was glad they offered something extra.

But August is just the right time for ordering Fall samples and supplies!

Ann's right. The timing is good. I'm fairly certain they did that because you have to attend NC in order to earn the PC$s.

And you only get the PC$ IF you actually attend conference. I'll just be returning from a 3 week vacation in TX and doubt that I'll be making another trip across the ocean 6 weeks later for Conference. :(... The downside to living on the other side of the world ... it costs sooooo much to come back to the US! :(

Sheila said:
... The downside to living on the other side of the world ... it costs sooooo much to come back to the US! :(

Same with family outside of the US, it's just as expensive to go see them.

One of my clustermates is angry about this promotion. Not because she already earned the free conference as part of the 2009 incentive (she did). Because she's fine with getting PC$ to use for supplies and things. She's mad because the stated value of the free conference in the March promo is $200, and the free conference value from the 2009 incentive is on her 1099 as more than that. So she's mad that she's being taxed on a greater amount.Just goes to show that some people will find the negative in any situation. Rather than being happy that she's already got conference covered and has the opportunity to earn PC$ to supply her biz for free, she's focusing on something that was probably done for specific accounting reasons and she can's change anyway.Vent over. Please return to your day.

You know, I'm sure the difference she paid in taxes (probably less than $1) was worth her rant. :rolleyes:

chefann said:
One of my clustermates is angry about this promotion. Not because she already earned the free conference as part of the 2009 incentive (she did). Because she's fine with getting PC$ to use for supplies and things. She's mad because the stated value of the free conference in the March promo is $200, and the free conference value from the 2009 incentive is on her 1099 as more than that. So she's mad that she's being taxed on a greater amount.

Just goes to show that some people will find the negative in any situation. Rather than being happy that she's already got conference covered and has the opportunity to earn PC$ to supply her biz for free, she's focusing on something that was probably done for specific accounting reasons and she can's change anyway.

Vent over. Please return to your day.

Interesting. I earned this level too & it's not on my 1099. Should I notify them to get it corrected? Or will be on 2010?

chefann said:
One of my clustermates is angry about this promotion. Not because she already earned the free conference as part of the 2009 incentive (she did). Because she's fine with getting PC$ to use for supplies and things. She's mad because the stated value of the free conference in the March promo is $200, and the free conference value from the 2009 incentive is on her 1099 as more than that. So she's mad that she's being taxed on a greater amount.

Just goes to show that some people will find the negative in any situation. Rather than being happy that she's already got conference covered and has the opportunity to earn PC$ to supply her biz for free, she's focusing on something that was probably done for specific accounting reasons and she can's change anyway.

Vent over. Please return to your day.

Sounds to me like it may be an error on her 1099. They always specify that the value is of early registration which is $200. I'd call finance if I were her.

Ann - there were some 1099's that were incorrect. Have her call HO to make sure her's is correct.

It should be on your 1099 for the 2010 tax year as that is when you receive it. If you don't attend Conference, then you don't receive that non-cash benefit.

Becca-Level 1 of the 2009 incentive trip was free conference, so it would show up there since that is when you earned it.

But they don't award the 2009 incentive until 2010 after the earning is verified. I haven't paid taxes on Disney yet. Or are you talking about attending conference in 2009 which any incentive achieved for that will be on your 2009 taxes?

I wouldn't be surprised if my clustermate misinterpreted what it was for. I'm realizing more and more that, as much as she calls herself a positive person, she's actually the most negative one in our group. It was kinda funny (in an OMG, can't you be excited for the promo kind of way) when she started complaining and insisting at our meeting that the highest level for March couldn't be FREE conference if it was only worth $200.

1. What is the free conference in March all about?

The free conference in March is an annual event hosted by Pampered Chef to bring together consultants, leaders, and home office staff for training, networking, and celebration.

2. When and where will the conference take place?

The conference will take place in March at various locations around the country. The exact dates and locations are announced by Pampered Chef closer to the event.

3. Is the conference open to all consultants?

Yes, the conference is open to all active consultants. It is a great opportunity for new and seasoned consultants alike to learn and grow their business.

4. Will there be any special promotions or discounts offered at the conference?

Yes, there are usually special promotions and discounts offered exclusively to conference attendees. These can include new product releases, discounted bundle deals, and more.

5. How do I register for the conference?

Registration for the conference can be done through the Pampered Chef website or through your consultant's online portal. Keep an eye out for registration announcements and deadlines to secure your spot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • bearydutch