• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Open House Anxiety: Only 1 RSVP - Help?!

In summary, my director and I have a joint open house this Saturday. Between the two of us we invited over 100 people through email and regular mail and phone calls, but we have only had 1 person RSVP. I am totally freaking out right now.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
My director and I have a joint open house this Saturday. Between the two of us we invited over 100 people through email and regular mail and phone calls. We have only had 1 person rsvp. I am totally freaking out right now. For those of you that have done these did you have a problem with people not rsvping???

I hate to break it to you, but I have never had any success with an open house. I had even tried a multi-vendor open house where we all invited our clientele... that was well over 400 people invited. We had 6-8 rsvp (can't remember) and had ONE show up!! That was a pricey error that I won't do again. It seems today's people are just too busy and won't RSVP anymore -especially when they are not tied to "the relationship" of a loved one or friend. At least that is the way it has been out here in Cali ;)

People never RSVP, even close family and friends. You just have to call people and e-mail them reminders. I don't know what type of stuff you are doing at your open house, but if you are doing a drawing for something, you could tell people they get a certain amount of tickets if they RSVP by a certain date. It's so frustrating, though, and it's too bad more people don't RSVP.

Another consultant and I have one this weekend are in the same boat. Usually we have more responses by now but oh well. We've both done well with open houses so we can't complain too much.

We've got the same thing. I sent my invites out with an RSVP date for today. I've gotten 6 rsvp's TODAY alone. I've got my reminder phone call through post calls set for Thursday (SO EASY!). I'm hoping that we get soem good attendance. I really want to have a good turnout for this. Also, I didn't call it an open house. I called it a Spring Preview Party & had certain times for demos of the pineapple wedger & garnishing. :)

We "borrowed" Crystal's format and we called it a Sneak Peak Spring Preview Mystery Host Show.

crystalscookingnow said:
I sent my invites out with an RSVP date for today. I've gotten 6 rsvp's TODAY alone. I called it a Spring Preview Party & had certain times for demos of the pineapple wedger & garnishing. :)

I did the same thing, I called it a Countdown to Spring Cooking Show. And I'm having a drawing for the host special and a door prize, but they must be in attendance to qualify for it. I've had about 15 people RSVP with 8 of them saying they are coming, and I send out over 150 invites. Last time I did one, I called it an open house, with a time frame and had 3 people show with no one RSVP'ing.

I am having one and I am advertising the door prizes, free samples and special offers. I also listed the new products they will be seeing and the other vendor has her list in our flyer too.

You jsut never know how many may show up. Even if they tell you they are coming that does not mean they are going to show up. The one time I did one, I kept the cost to a minimum in case no one showed up I would not be out a lot of money.

I have done many open houses with other vendors and yeah, as stated many don't RSVP, but ya plan for ALOT! I'd rather stuff have more than not enough! Also, make sure you make calls ahead of time and even send out e-mail reminders (neither cost a penny!).

Good Luck!

Call them. Ask if you can count on them to "help you reach a personal goal". Tell them you "cant wait to see them". Talk to them. Make your goal their goal!

let us know how it goes!

1. How can I make sure my open house is successful with only one RSVP?

Even with only one RSVP, your open house can still be successful. Make sure to create a welcoming and inviting atmosphere, have a variety of products on display, and offer snacks or refreshments to your guest. Also, take the opportunity to really connect with your guest and showcase the benefits of the products.

2. Should I still hold the open house if I only have one RSVP?

Yes, it is still worth holding the open house even with only one RSVP. Your RSVP may bring a friend or family member, and even if they don't, it's a great opportunity to showcase your products and potentially gain a new customer. Plus, it's always good to practice and gain experience hosting open houses.

3. What can I do to encourage more people to RSVP for the open house?

Try reaching out to your network and promoting the open house on social media. You can also offer a special discount or promotion for those who RSVP and attend. Additionally, consider partnering with other local businesses or organizations to help spread the word and attract more attendees.

4. How can I overcome my anxiety about having a low turnout for the open house?

Remember that even with a low turnout, you still have the opportunity to connect with and potentially gain new customers. Focus on providing a great experience for the guests who do attend and make the most of the situation. Also, remind yourself that it's not a reflection of your skills or efforts as a consultant.

5. What are some tips for making the most out of a small open house?

When hosting a small open house, focus on creating a more intimate and personalized experience for your guests. Have interactive demonstrations and allow for more one-on-one time with each guest. You can also use this as an opportunity to gather feedback and suggestions from your guests to improve future events. Lastly, don't forget to follow up with your attendees and thank them for coming.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • beepampered
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ltkacz
  • Ish