• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are fraudulent apps taking over your Facebook feed?

In summary, fraudulent apps on Facebook are deceptive and scam users by promising benefits or features while collecting personal information or spreading malware. To identify these apps, it is important to check the source and read reviews from other users. Using fraudulent apps can result in risks such as identity theft and financial loss. If you have fallen for one, remove the app, change your password, and run a virus scan. To protect yourself, be cautious of the apps you download, regularly review and adjust privacy settings, and have updated security software.
Lilamyw3
Gold Member
Anyone else getting the fraudlent apps/ads on facebook? It's showing up on the right hand side in the advertisements.

This one says: "Stop begging people to join" and has a PC logo. I've got part of the ad in a screen shot that is attached.

fraud app.JPG

I haven't seen anything like that.

raebates said:
I haven't seen anything like that.
I have PC listed on my personal Facebook as my job, but I also have a PC business page. The ads are based on your personal profile, which is probably why it shows up on mine.

Lilamyw3 said:
I have PC listed on my personal Facebook as my job, but I also have a PC business page. The ads are based on your personal profile, which is probably why it shows up on mine.
I, too, have PC listed as my job and have a PC business page. I'll keep an eye out for that ad, but I haven't seen it so far.

These should be reported to PC, they have the resources to get them removed.

I'll keep my eye open too. I usually don't look at those at all.

I'm leery of anything that I've got "too" check out!

aPamperedBride said:
I'm leery of anything that I've got "too" check out!
Haha...I never noticed that!

What are fraudulent apps on Facebook?

Fraudulent apps on Facebook are application programs that are designed to deceive and scam users. These apps often promise certain benefits or features but instead collect personal information or spread malware.

How do I identify fraudulent apps on Facebook?

One way to identify fraudulent apps on Facebook is by checking the source or developer of the app. If it is from an unfamiliar or suspicious source, it is best to avoid it. You can also read reviews and ratings from other users to see if there are any red flags.

What are the risks of using fraudulent apps on Facebook?

Using fraudulent apps on Facebook can result in various risks, such as identity theft, financial loss, and malware infection. These apps may also use your personal information for malicious purposes or share it with third parties without your consent.

What should I do if I have fallen for a fraudulent app on Facebook?

If you have fallen for a fraudulent app on Facebook, the first thing you should do is remove the app from your account. You should also change your Facebook password and enable two-factor authentication for added security. It is also recommended to run a virus scan on your device to ensure it is not infected.

How can I protect myself from fraudulent apps on Facebook?

To protect yourself from fraudulent apps on Facebook, it is important to be cautious of the apps you download and only use trusted sources. You should also regularly review and adjust your Facebook privacy settings to limit the information you share with apps. Additionally, it is crucial to have updated security software on your device.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mandeelou
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Oracle
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AlowayFamily
  • WendyE