• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suspected Fraudulent Email Received: How to Respond

Hoping to hear from you soon. In summary, the conversation is about a fraudulent email received by the speaker, pretending to be a customer wanting to place an order. The speaker responded, advising the customer to use the website for payment and the customer replied with a request for help and a shipping address. The speaker has forwarded the conversation to the Home Office and will not be contacting the customer again.
Shawnna
Gold Member
Just wanted to let you know the fraud emails are rolling in. I received a message thru my website "contact me" tab from a woman wanting to place an order. I emailed her back stating she could order directly through the website and asking how I could help her. She then sent me a 650.00 order stating she needed the total due and she would send me a certified check. I again emailed her stating that because she was not local and because of fraud prevention policies she should order through the website using a credit/debit card. This is her response:Dianne Stewart <[email protected]> Oh. You just have to help me out here. My bank account got froozen and the only means of payment available for me now is money order checks. I would really appreciate if you help me as i would always
To
Shawnna m Nixon
Today at 9:23 AM
Oh. You just have to help me out here. My bank account got froozen and the only means of payment available for me now is money order checks. I would really appreciate if you help me as i would always shop from you. If you insist, i could make the payment through online transfers. Here is my hipping address below :
14 Layton St, North Providence, RI02911 Rhode Island. Day Cell number.
401-203-5423. Let me know whatever shall be needed for the trade.
Hoping to hear from you soon.I have forwarded this to the Home Office. I will not be contacting her again...or placing the order.

Wow- haven't had one in quite awhile. Thanks for alerting us.

I have read this before, and I just received the same email, although she has changed we name and state it is her. Waiting for her to give me the sob story, then we will see who ends up being scammed.

Shawnna said:
Just wanted to let you know the fraud emails are rolling in. I received a message thru my website "contact me" tab from a woman wanting to place an order. I emailed her back stating she could order directly through the website and asking how I could help her. She then sent me a 650.00 order stating she needed the total due and she would send me a certified check. I again emailed her stating that because she was not local and because of fraud prevention policies she should order through the website using a credit/debit card. This is her response:Dianne Stewart <[email protected]> Oh. You just have to help me out here. My bank account got froozen and the only means of payment available for me now is money order checks. I would really appreciate if you help me as i would always
To
Shawnna m Nixon
Oh. You just have to help me out here. My bank account got froozen and the only means of payment available for me now is money order checks. I would really appreciate if you help me as i would always shop from you. If you insist, i could make the payment through online transfers. Here is my hipping address below :
Hoping to hear from you soon.I have forwarded this to the Home Office. I will not be contacting her again...or placing the order.
Shawnna said:
To
Shawnna m Nixon

I had one several weeks ago and let her know I was aware she was trying to scam me, told her I reported her the company and police...never heard from her again! :)
They must think we all fell off a turnip truck.

1. What should I do if I receive a suspicious email from Pampered Chef?

If you receive an email that appears to be from Pampered Chef but you are unsure if it is legitimate, do not respond to the email or click on any links. Instead, forward the email to [email protected] for our team to investigate.

2. How can I tell if an email is actually from Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef will never ask for personal information, such as your credit card number or password, through email. Additionally, our emails will always come from an official Pampered Chef email address, such as [email protected]. If you are still unsure, please forward the email to [email protected] for verification.

3. Will Pampered Chef ever ask me to click on a link in an email to verify my account?

No, Pampered Chef will never ask you to verify your account by clicking on a link in an email. If you receive an email asking you to do so, do not click on the link and forward the email to [email protected] for our team to investigate.

4. What should I do if I have already responded to a suspicious email or clicked on a link?

If you have already responded to a suspicious email or clicked on a link, we recommend contacting your bank or credit card company immediately to protect your accounts. Additionally, please forward the email to [email protected] for our team to investigate.

5. How can I protect myself from email scams?

To protect yourself from email scams, we recommend never giving out personal information through email, such as your credit card number or password. Also, be cautious of emails asking you to click on links or verify your account. If you receive a suspicious email, always forward it to [email protected] for our team to investigate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Eftilly
Replies
Views
katem51
Replies
Views
3girls