• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Celebrate the 4th of July with Unique Patriotic Recipes | Flag Day Special

In summary, the conversation is about finding non-dessert patriotic recipes for Fourth of July and Flag Day shows. It is suggested to offer to get ingredients for the recipes if they are hard to find on base. Ideas for recipes include using frozen or canned fruit and incorporating red and blue food coloring. A specific recipe for Upside-Down Caramel Apple Pie is also shared.
gabriwill
I'd really like to get some 4th of July/Patriotic recipes that aren't the same dessert ones that are posted over and over again. Any ideas? We're having the show on Flag Day, June 14th, but it would be great to promote the 4th with the new products etc. and give the guests some great ideas for the 4th as far as recipes. :)

Welcome!Hey! I had to reply since you're in Winter Springs! My sister in law lived there a year ago! I LOVE shopping over there!:D Welcome to this board!

Okay, I'm not sure what is in each of the attachments but I looked to see what I had and there you are. I'm sorry if they are a repeat of what you have.;)

Attachments

• July 4 Recipes.doc
    38 KB · Views: 651
  • 4th of July desserts.doc
    35 KB · Views: 503
  • STARS AND STRIPES DESSERT PIZZA.doc
    21 KB · Views: 526
I tried the Berries and Stars from Stoneware Inspirations for a family party and it was so pretty. I am making it at a show this weekend.

Are there only dessert recipes? I want to do a Fourth of July sort of recipe but these dessert recipes ask for products I don't yet have. (Only in SS2.) Not only that, but some of the ingredients are hard to come by here on base (blueberries, raspberries, etc). My Host might end up having to shop off base...but I don't want her to do that considering food is more expensive. She'd end up going over her $15.

Any ideas? I have been stuck doing the Cucina Italiana Shows and I'd like to change it up....considering that there will be "returning customers" at my next show.

Please help! :)

Going off base for shoppingWhat I would suggest, for those shows during July, maybe you offer to get the ingredients she'd have to go off base for. Cost you a little more $, but who knows what the "payback" will be??

That's what I would probably do. You could even buy in bulk and wash and freeze them, bag them and pull out what you need as you need them. Just a thought.

Lisa

redd3708 said:
Are there only dessert recipes? I want to do a Fourth of July sort of recipe but these dessert recipes ask for products I don't yet have. (Only in SS2.) Not only that, but some of the ingredients are hard to come by here on base (blueberries, raspberries, etc). My Host might end up having to shop off base...but I don't want her to do that considering food is more expensive. She'd end up going over her $15.

Any ideas? I have been stuck doing the Cucina Italiana Shows and I'd like to change it up....considering that there will be "returning customers" at my next show.

Please help! :)

Japan...WOW!!
ok...as of yet I didnt go through my books, but my mind is racing. What I have so far is, if fresh fruit is a problem, they have frozen fruit or even fruit in cans( like for pie fillings) Also how about food coloring? Maybe get some white stuff ie...cake, frosting etc...& color them red & or blue? Hope these ideas help! :)

Ginger:cool:

How about the Upside-Down Caramel Apple Pie?
*Inspiration*
You know~ as American as ... you get the idea.
The recipe is in Stoneware Inspirations.

Here, I'll put the recipe up in case you don't have the cookbook

Prep time: 30 min. Bake Time: 55-60 min. Cool Time:1 hour

Glaze and Pastry:

1/4 c. packed br. sugar
1 Tbs. butter or marg. (melted)
1 Tbs. light corn syrup
1/3 c. pecan halves, coarsely chopped
1 pkg. (15 oz. ) refrig. pie crusts, softened as on pkg. directions.

Filling

6 lg. Granny Smith apples
1 Tbs. lemon juice
3/4 c. packed br. sugar
1/3 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
1 tsp. lemon zest

1. Preheat oven to 425 degress.
For glaze, combine brown sugar, and corn syrup in Deep Dish Pie Plate: spread evenly over bottom.
Chop pecans using Food Chopper: sprinkle over sugar mixture.
Gently unroll one pie crust: place in pie plate, pressing into bottom and up sides. Set aside.

2. For filling, peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer: cut slices in half.
In Stainless (4 qt.) Mixing Bowl, combine apples and lemon juice: toss gently to coat.
Add brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and lemon zest; mix gently. Spoon filling into pie plate.
Unroll remaining crust and place over filling. Fold edges of top crust under edges of bottom crust; seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.

3. Gently place Pie Crust Shield or 2 or 3 inch wide strips of alum. foil over edge of pie. Bake 30 minutes; remove shield. Bake an additional 25-30 minutes or until crust is a deep golden-brown.. Remove from oven to Stackabe Cooling Rack; let stand 5 minutes. Loosen edge of pie from pie plate; carefully invert pie into heat-resistant serving plate. Scrape any remaining carmel topping from pie plate onto top of pie. Cool at least 1 hour before serving.

Yield 8 servings

* If the fresh apples are hard to get a hold of also, I bet the canned apple filling would do in a pinch.

** You could use the utility knife and the cook's corer instead of the apple slicer.. Use the mix n scraper to mix the ingred. in your classic batter bowl. (And use the mix n scraper to get out all the caramel from the pie plate~ heat resistant!)
Use the measuring spoons, food chopper, measure all cup, baker's roller to flute (with the little tool).

Last edited:
A fruit pizza with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and banana's. You can even bake a crust on your rectangle stone, put down your filling, make a square of blueberries and whipped topping dots in the top left corner for stars, then for stripes use bananas, whipped topping, and strawberries. I don't remember the exact recipe for this but it is called stars and stripes dessert pizza...or something like that...anyone have the exact recipe? Otherwise, adapt the fruit dessert pizza recipe.

Oh wow! Thanks so much everyone! I never thought about offering to buy the "hard to get" ingredients for the Host. That's a REALLY good idea.
A lot of people here are uncomfortable with (grocery) shopping off base, but I do it all the time. Gotta do what cha gotta do, right? I don't let the language-barrier get in the way....I use my "creative gestures"....LoL.

1. What are some unique patriotic recipes for the 4th of July and Flag Day?

Some unique patriotic recipes for these holidays include red, white, and blue fruit skewers, American flag cakes, and star-shaped watermelon slices.

2. Are there any special tools or products needed to make these recipes?

No, the recipes can be made with basic kitchen tools and ingredients. However, using Pampered Chef products such as the Deluxe Cooking Blender or the Star Cookie Cutters can add a fun touch to the recipes.

3. Are these recipes suitable for outdoor BBQs and gatherings?

Yes, these recipes are perfect for outdoor BBQs and gatherings as they are easy to transport and serve. They also have a patriotic flair that is perfect for the 4th of July and Flag Day celebrations.

4. Can I make these recipes ahead of time?

Some of the recipes, such as the fruit skewers, can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to serve. However, others, like the American flag cake, are best made the day of the event to ensure freshness.

5. Are there any alternative ingredients for those with dietary restrictions?

Yes, many of the recipes can be adapted to fit dietary restrictions. For example, the fruit skewers can be made with a variety of fruits to accommodate different food allergies. The American flag cake can also be made with gluten-free or dairy-free options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef_TK
  • PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • Leanna