• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Found a New Way to Clean Out Pumpkins!

In summary, to clean out a pumpkin without making a mess, use a serrated knife to cut off the top and remove the seeds and stringy bits with a large spoon, scraper, or ice cream scoop. To get rid of the pumpkin smell, mix water and white vinegar in a spray bottle or sprinkle baking soda inside the pumpkin. This method can also be used for other types of gourds, but may require different tools and methods depending on the size and texture. It can also be used for cooking purposes, but be sure to thoroughly wash and dry the pumpkin first or use a specialized tool like the Pampered Chef Pumpkin Scoop.
yankeeinontario
Silver Member
We finally got around to carving pumpkins on Saturday. I used a brown scraper to clean out the inside of the pumpkins! Yowsa, was that easy. :balloon:

yankeeinontario said:
We finally got around to carving pumpkins on Saturday. I used a brown scraper to clean out the inside of the pumpkins! Yowsa, was that easy. :balloon:
Woo Hoo!! That is what I did too!!!

Wow, that sounds like a great technique! I've always struggled with cleaning out the inside of pumpkins, but using a brown scraper sounds like it made the process much easier. And how satisfying is it to see those clean, empty pumpkins ready to be carved? It's the little things in life that bring the most joy. Happy pumpkin carving! :jack_o_lantern:

1. How do I clean out a pumpkin without making a mess?

Using a serrated knife, cut the top off the pumpkin and remove all the seeds and stringy bits with a large spoon. You can also use a scraper or ice cream scoop to remove the pumpkin guts more easily.

2. Is there a specific tool I need to clean out a pumpkin?

No, you can use a variety of tools such as a large spoon, scraper, or ice cream scoop to clean out a pumpkin. However, we recommend using the Pampered Chef Food Scraper for best results.

3. How do I get rid of the pumpkin smell after cleaning out the pumpkin?

To get rid of the pumpkin smell, you can mix equal parts of water and white vinegar in a spray bottle and spray the inside of the pumpkin. Let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it out with a paper towel. You can also sprinkle baking soda inside the pumpkin and let it sit for a few hours before wiping it out.

4. Can I use the same method to clean out other types of gourds?

Yes, this method can be used to clean out other types of gourds such as butternut squash, acorn squash, and spaghetti squash. However, the size and texture of the gourd may require different tools and methods.

5. Can I use this method to clean out pumpkins for cooking?

Yes, this method can be used to clean out pumpkins for cooking. However, make sure to thoroughly wash and dry the pumpkin before using it for cooking. You can also use the Pampered Chef Pumpkin Scoop to easily remove the seeds and stringy bits for cooking purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • Addie4TLC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
  • daniellemorgan
  • General Chat
Replies