1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Found a new use for the little bamboo ladle!

1. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

I honestly have never used the little bamboo ladle that comes in the bamboo serving set until today. I thought it was adorable, but it's just been sitting in a drawer, until now! I made the little "mini" pumpkin pies in the mini muffin pan, and in order to get the right amount of pumpkin pie batter in the shell, I decided to try the bamboo ladle - it worked perfectly! It was exactly enough for a mini-pumpkin pie! They were delicious, too :).

Oct 11, 2009
  2. Dina Atnip

Dina Atnip Advanced Member Gold Member

That is a great ideal could you share the recipe for this so I may try.

Oct 11, 2009
  3. cathyskitchen

I just used the recipe on the side of a can of Libby's solid pumpkin, but only baked the mini pies for 15 min.

Oct 11, 2009
  4. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

How many did the filling make? Did you just use the Pillsbury crusts and cut 12 circles out of each (for a total of 24) using the Measure All Cup?

Oct 11, 2009
  5. cathyskitchen

Kathleen - I was making a pie, but the recipe makes 2 pies, so instead of making 2 pies, I made a pie and about 20 mini-pies. I was using the deep dish pie plate, so I knew it would take up more of the batter than half, so I knew I couldn't get 2 full pies out of it, so I thought a better use of the batter would be to make the mini-pies. I cut the circles from a Pillsbury dough crust and was able to get 20 circles out of it (definitely smaller than the measure-all cup - I used the bottom of a 1-cup prep bowl and cut a circle around it using a quickut paring knife a little larger than the prep bowl bottom).

Oct 11, 2009
Have something to add?