• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do window decals for businesses affect your car insurance rates?

In summary, your DH can't drive your car, but you're lucky because he's more paranoid than you are. You have your phone and website on your car, so you're still being charged regular rates.
amy07
do you ban your DH from driving your car? I've been wanting to get the decal but have been so hesitant because of my DH's driving. I'd be so embarrassed if I got a call from someone complaining about "my" driving, or worse to remember my name from the decal when he was driving.:yuck: Maybe the magnets would be my best bet. but don't they scratch your paint?

LOL!

I don't have the decals - but your post just struck me as so funny!

If I had them, I would have to do some training with DH on what to say, and what info to gather from anyone who showed interest! His driving is fine though!

yeah, I'd have to coach him on what to say too!;)

In his defense, I'm sure we've all done something stupid in our own driving at one time or another. But the thought just sticks in my mind that I'd be at a show and someone would say, "you're that crazy fool who pulled out in front of me".:eek: :eek:

I had the magnets, and one fell off while driving.

So I got the decal from jerisigns.com and would recommend Jeri to you! My DH drives my car ... but I just have my website on my car, not my phone number.

HTH

If we go as a family my DH drives or my sons will take it sometimes
I wouldn't worry about it, more than likely I am the one who would be an offensive driver
And my DH buys my car, pays insurance and gas so I would be overstepping my bounds to ban him from driving :)

magnets~~ one of my neighbors has an expedition like my sons, she had magnets advertising her landscape business. When they divorced and she closed it she removed the magnets and huge chunks of paint too

My husband is running his own sign shop, and he put the decals on my back window. But, he said that he's never heard of a magnet pulling paint off a car. Might've been the type of magnet used. He's had magnets on his truck for a while now with no problems.

it is actually in the body shop now for her to have it repaired/painted.
It was down to the metal she had had them on for about 4 years and we do live in Hot, Hot Texas.She was not a happy camper

I have a plain Pampered Chef logo, no website or phone number as this is when you have to start paying business car insurance rates. So I have had people follow my to parking spaces to get books and ask questions. So I don't have to worry about driving complants. haha, mine or his

I'm lucky. Dh doesn't want to drive my car! If he does I am usually in it with him. I think that he is more paranoid than I am about someone calling about bad driving though. He is also paranoid that with him driving it he will cause me to lose business since he is a big guy with tatoos!

Oh, and about the insurance. Be sure to check with your agent. The rules vary by carrier as well as by state. (There was another thread about that but I'm not sure where it is.) I have my phone and website on mine and am still charged the regular rate, not business. My carrier bases it solely on miles driven, business v. personal.

1. How do I properly apply a window decal?

Before applying a window decal, make sure the surface is clean and dry. Peel off the backing paper and position the decal on the window. Use a credit card or squeegee to smooth out any air bubbles. Trim any excess decal with a sharp blade.

2. Can I remove a window decal without damaging my window?

Yes, our window decals are designed to be easily removable without leaving any residue or damage on your window. Simply peel off the decal and clean the window with a solution of warm water and mild detergent.

3. Are window decals weather resistant?

Our window decals are made with durable vinyl material and are weather resistant. They can withstand rain, wind, and sunlight without fading or peeling. However, prolonged exposure to extreme weather conditions may cause some wear and tear.

4. Can I customize a window decal with my own design?

Yes, we offer custom window decals with your own design or logo. Simply upload your design on our website and choose the size and shape of the decal. Our team will review your design and send a proof for your approval before production.

5. Is there a minimum order quantity for window decals?

No, there is no minimum order quantity for our window decals. You can order as few or as many as you need. We also offer bulk discounts for larger orders, so feel free to contact our customer service for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • pampurredmom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies