• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting My Experience with Beta: Consultant's Corner and More

In summary, Shari in TX is not happy with the changes made to the beta site. She is able to access the same content as before, but is not happy with being forced to use the new site.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Well this is interesting.

A few months back I got the message to upgrade to Beta. I was not interested. I had a show pending and did not want to screw it up.

Since then, I've seen nothing but problems and thought that I would stick with P3 for the forseeable future.

Now I'm not able to even see promotions on Consultant's Corner, and the non beta site is seriously lacking.

Oh boy. Am I being forced on to Beta?

Sure looks that way, doesn't it? Eventually we will not have the original site and it looks like that will be sooner than some people would like. I am still on both but with these changes it is making more sense to just go to beta. They were weaning us away from our comfort zone and now they're getting ready to cut the cord. The sooner we use the new site the easier it will be when the other one is gone.Not what you wanted to hear, I'm sure, but it is what it is.

Just noticed the same thing! :(

I'm using the beta site for placing orders and I've been doing so since September.....not totally thrilled, but gradually learning my way around. But before today I was able to use the regular consultant's corner for checking host/guest specials, etc.....just more familiar with it. Then today when I logged on, no more......so do consultants who have not switched over to the beta site see the old consultant's corner or the new one? It's harder to find things, in my opinion, on the new site.

And, I would hope they would wait until after the holiday selling season before forcing everyone to switch to the new one. Because it does take longer to put a show in than on PP+

I was told by tech support a couple of months ago that we would have P3 at least til next spring. So, we'll see. I got an email about folks receiving discounts if they order from our website on the beta site!! That to me is another way to force onto the new site.

monicag said:
so do consultants who have not switched over to the beta site see the old consultant's corner or the new one?
NOPE. I have not switched over (have touched NOTHING in beta) and now I have no access to outside order forms and host specials. :mad: Not a happy camper.

I did some more digging and it looks like we can sign in to the new Beta CC with our consultant number as our UserName and our old CC password as the password. They did say you have to use capital letters if you are using your original PC-generated password that we got when we became consultants.I tried this and was able to log on to the Beta CC and get specials, outside order forms, all the stuff that we were getting on the old CC. I'm not ready to switch over to using the new site for orders or switching my website to the new site, so I'm glad to know I can still get everything I need from PC without making the full switch. I just don't have time to learn it right now and go through the growing pains that I know I'm going to have making the switch.Hope this helps.Shari in TX

Shari in TX said:
I tried this and was able to log on to the Beta CC and get specials, outside order forms, all the stuff that we were getting on the old CC. I'm not ready to switch over to using the new site for orders or switching my website to the new site, so I'm glad to know I can still get everything I need from PC without making the full switch. I just don't have time to learn it right now and go through the growing pains that I know I'm going to have making the switch.Hope this helps.Shari in TX
Shari,It DOES help. Thanks for the information. Guess I'll have to make some time today to figure out how to get to these documents that I need. Great to know that I don't have to do more at this point in time.Thank you!

YA I think I am lost!!! I need to find the price list for the pans at 60% off and I can't find them!!! HELP!!!!

Here you go - hope this is what you are looking for!
http://new.pamperedchef.com/iceberg/media/pdf/public/p5421-112013us-novhostdescriptions-withbonus.pdf

Thank you so much!
Did you find this on the BETA site or did you have it on file?

I did notice this evening that underneath all the switch to BETA stuff they now have OPTIONS for Beta or Original....pretty sure this wasn't there on Friday, it was Beta or nothing! :(

I found it on the beta site. Go to Promotions & Recognition, on the left click host & guest specials, click November, then on the right, click bonus host special flyer

I'm glad I have saved the Nov. & Dec. specials in a folder on my computer. Are the January ones up? I really do not have time to try and learn the new site either and am not happy about being forced to do so, especially since we were given the impression there would be more time.

I went on to the old CC and there was no info about the turkey and that's what I was most interested in. I wanted to have the specials in front of me before calling a customer. Do your homework. Isn't that what they told us? Not so fun when you have to work just to find the info that used to be on your fingertips.A co-worker in mine who hasn't been active for months and is thinking of hanging up her apron just had me put in an order on my P3. She's not going to be happy about this and this might be the incentive she needs to just cut the cord.If I do have a show in November can I still submit in P3?

January host and guest specials are up on the Beta site of CC. I like the new site, I just don't like that the information seems to be buried so deep in the website and it takes longer to get your fingers on the information you are looking for. I suppose it will get easier when you are used to where everything is. I just submitted a November show in P3 with no issues.

I too, am very leary of going to the Beta site and will probably take the time after Xmas to do it. However, thanks to our directors, we have had a couple of trainings at cluter meetings. They have been very helpful to ease the fears. I'd suggest getting together with your cluster for a hands on presentation. Ask your director or someone who is already on the site to help. My mind is slowly accepting the change, to the extent that I am now thinking it won't be as bad as I think!!! LOL Plus there is always someone at PC tech support that can answer specific questions.

Shari in TX said:
I did some more digging and it looks like we can sign in to the new Beta CC with our consultant number as our UserName and our old CC password as the password. They did say you have to use capital letters if you are using your original PC-generated password that we got when we became consultants.I tried this and was able to log on to the Beta CC and get specials, outside order forms, all the stuff that we were getting on the old CC. I'm not ready to switch over to using the new site for orders or switching my website to the new site, so I'm glad to know I can still get everything I need from PC without making the full switch. I just don't have time to learn it right now and go through the growing pains that I know I'm going to have making the switch.Hope this helps.Shari in TX
Just got off the phone (a hour long call) and they reset me and it is working fine. Tech Support said they are not going to force us until after the holidays. No date yet, but it WILL happen. I decided to change over. I don't have a smart phone, nor do I need a smart phone, so not sure how it will effect me. Hope they get the stuff fixed!

straitfan said:
I did notice this evening that underneath all the switch to BETA stuff they now have OPTIONS for Beta or Original....pretty sure this wasn't there on Friday, it was Beta or nothing! :(
That's for training. If you click on any "original" it takes you to training for the new site.

I switched to Beta a few months ago. Don't be scared, it really isn't that bad. Everything is on Beta and a lot of my original concerns are gone. My advice would be to switch over now so you can take some time looking around Beta, experimenting, getting yourself all set up with things before you are forced to. If you wait until you are forced to, you will feel stress & pressure and will be doing it along with so many consultants, that if you have any glitches or questions, you'll have a long hold time on the phone w/ tech support. For Host & Guest Specials, on the new CC, there are several ways to find them...one is to just scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see some "recommended links" for you, one of which is the promotions calendar. But at the top, it's under the "Promotions & Recognition" tabs.Under the "Training & Resources" choose the bottom one called "Web Tools Training" and you'll see lots of info about Beta, the app, CC, and there's a checklist to help you as you make the transition.Good luck guys! Remember, also there's the Knowledge Center, it's at the top right. It's awesome and full of answers to your questions. You aren't alone and so many people have the exact same questions, so they put them in the Knowledge Center. There's a forum there, so you can ask new questions if you don't see an answer to your question already there.

What is "Forced on to Beta"?

"Forced on to Beta" is a term used to describe when a user is involuntarily switched to a beta version of a software or website, often without their knowledge or consent.

Why does "Forced on to Beta" happen?

"Forced on to Beta" can happen for a variety of reasons, such as testing new features or updates, fixing bugs, or gathering user feedback. It is typically done by developers or companies to improve the overall user experience.

How can I tell if I have been "forced on to Beta"?

The best way to tell if you have been "forced on to Beta" is to check for any changes in the layout or features of the software or website you are using. You may also receive a notification or message informing you of the switch.

Can I opt out of being "forced on to Beta"?

In some cases, you may be able to opt out of being "forced on to Beta" by changing your settings or preferences. However, this is not always possible as developers may require a certain number of users to test the beta version before making it available to everyone.

Is "Forced on to Beta" permanent?

No, "Forced on to Beta" is usually temporary and will eventually be replaced by a stable version. However, the length of time for the beta testing period may vary depending on the developers' needs and goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NooraK