• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose Who've Been to Disney a Few Times..

you guessed it... VALUE RESORTS! You would not be disappointed with any of these places. My favorites are Port Orleans French Quarter and Wilderness Lodge. I have also stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and it was just as nice. I think that the prices at the value resorts are great for what you get. You really cannot go wrong with any of these places. Have fun
kcjodih
Gold Member
we're thinking of going the end of March (after school March break here) and my DH is looking at booking the Caribbean Beach Resort. It's more expensive than the other moderate resorts - Port Orleans and Wilderness Lodge by $2400 and $1200 respectively and I'm wondering if it's worth it. I'm not sure if it's just because of the pirate theme which doesn't really interest me at all. It looks beautiful, but that beautiful?!?! We didn't even choose a pirate themed room just a regular, since my DD is 15 and my DS is 12. We do like the idea of the lakes with mini jet skis and the arcade area and of course 6 pools for when we come back to our hotel to wind down but I'm undecided.

The only time we've been was 6 years ago when my DD was 9 and my DS 6 and my DS doesn't really remember. Then we stayed at the All Star Sport but I'm looking for a little something more this time without breaking the bank!

My DD has just started highschool and will be starting pt jobs next summer so I figure this is our last opportunity before they don't want to go anywhere with us.

Can anyone who's been a few times or stayed at any of the above moderate resorts give me your opinion please? Thanks!

We stayed at CBR in 2006 (before the pirate rooms) and loved it. It is a large & beautiful resort. We also stay at PO French Quater this past December and it is beautiful also. There did not seem to be much difference in the room size between the 2 resorts. Have a fabulous time!

I'm sure that the Caribbean Beach Resort is nice, but we stayed at Port Orleans several times over the years and we've always LOVED it there. The manor side is extremely peaceful, and the bayou side is nice, too. We're on a stricter budget these days though, so we stay at the POP Century now if we go down to Orlando for a night or two...it's one of the Value Resorts (instead of a Moderate like Port Orleans). I think you'll enjoy your trip regardless, but if budget is a factor for you I highly recommend Port Orleans. We have also stayed at PO: French Quarter and liked it there just as much. Another awesome part about PO Riverside or French Quarter is the little riverboat that picks up right on property and takes you to the Downtown Disney area...

Okay I've done some more homework and the difference in $ is NOT that much. Seems DH told me the difference before you add everything to the Port Orleans and Wildnerness. So now I'll ask...with a DD 15 and a DS 12....which would you choose?

I have stayed at almost all of the Resorts (from Fl and had annual passes for years). We love Carribean Beach (though I don't remember Pirate theme, that must be new). We really loved the hammocks on the "beach"! I do like Port Orleans and Wildreness Lodge. Although, I thought Wildreness Lodge was part of the "high end" resorts, which would make it much more expensive??
You really can't go wrong with anywhere on property! Have fun!! We will be there next weekend and in June with PC!!

We just had our first WDW vacation last June. It was hot! But we stayed at the Caribbean beach resort because I figured it may be the closest I ever get to the actual Caribbean!! But we loved it, beautiful rooms, nice resort. They have comfy beds which we wanted (I heard value resorts rooms were small and the beds not so comfy) We stayed for 9 days, it was a Disney marathon more than a vacation! We only got to go to the pool by our room once (my sis-in-law is a disney guru and we were on the go constantly), but it was nice and not crowded. The main pool that has the pirate theme, apparently gets a lot of people, so my kids only went there once. Great gift shop and food at the resort. And my advice, first day buy the $12.00 disney cup at your resort, you can refill it with whatever as many times as you want for as long as your there at the resort, it's worth the money!
Have fun, I'm jealous, I would love to go back!!!

Carey

We do Disney ALL the time and I am a Disney fanatic. Anyway, if you are not totally set on staying on property, there are some great places that I think are wonderful off property. The last time we went for 8 days and we rented a vacation house. It was less than 5 miles to Diney. The resort was gated and we had our own private pool in the backyard. I can send you link if you are interested. As much as I LOVE Disney, it is nice to getaway from it all for a few hours at night. We loved our last visit and my boys (9 and 11) loved the house. It even had a game room with a playstation, fuseball table and a pool table.

luvmyfamily said:
We do Disney ALL the time and I am a Disney fanatic. Anyway, if you are not totally set on staying on property, there are some great places that I think are wonderful off property. The last time we went for 8 days and we rented a vacation house. It was less than 5 miles to Diney. The resort was gated and we had our own private pool in the backyard. I can send you link if you are interested. As much as I LOVE Disney, it is nice to getaway from it all for a few hours at night. We loved our last visit and my boys (9 and 11) loved the house. It even had a game room with a playstation, fuseball table and a pool table.

I know of two different families, but don't know them well, that have gone and rented houses instead of staying onsight. One of them just left again with her 5 kids and will be staying 2 weeks this time. As much as I'd like to have the freedom to go to Busch Gardens, SeaWorld or Universal there's the expense of renting a car, parking, navigating :eek: etc not to mention grocery shopping and me having to cook all meals.

My children also don't really 'do' much together (different ages, boy/girl, different interests) so I could see them 'bored' if we were isolated as a family and if I wanted downtime at the end of the day I don't want them to be bickering and having to still entertain them, KWIM?

Is the savings that significant? What benefits to this besides the freedom to go to other parks am I not seeing?

Please help, I've not decided yet but do need to book within the next few days so I can also go in and beg for the time off work...:eek:

Another thing, is the parkhopper really worth it? The only other time we went we did buy it but still only did one park a day and then twice went to Downtown Disney in the evening. Other than that we stayed in the park ALL day or we came back around 4/5 rested for a bit and then went back around 7 until closing. Arrgg, decisions decisions.

The Carribbean Beach is awesome! I loved it the most so far out of the ones on sight. It's not a Pirate themed hotel, it is a Carribbean themed hotel.

Parkhopper is definitely worth it. Your kids may not want to spend all day in Epcot, so you could do Epcot/MGM in one day, then do AK/MGM another day (they are not going to care for AK at that age much either). If you stay off Disney and don't want the added cost of a rental, check into the ones that have free shuttles to Disney and Sea World and the rest of the parks. Take a cab from the airport and you're golden.

Hope this helps.

What are some must-have kitchen tools for those who have been to Disney a few times?

Some must-have kitchen tools for those who have been to Disney a few times include a Mickey Mouse-shaped waffle maker, a Mickey Mouse slow cooker, a Disney-themed baking set, a Mickey Mouse popcorn popper, and a Disney-themed rice cooker.

How can I recreate some of the delicious Disney treats at home?

You can recreate some of the delicious Disney treats at home by using Disney-inspired recipes and cooking tools. Pampered Chef offers a variety of Disney-themed kitchen tools that can help you make Mickey-shaped treats, Dole Whip, and other iconic Disney snacks.

What are some fun ways to involve kids in cooking and baking Disney-inspired dishes?

Some fun ways to involve kids in cooking and baking Disney-inspired dishes include using Disney-themed cookie cutters, letting them decorate Mickey-shaped pancakes or cookies, and having them help measure and mix ingredients for dishes like Dole Whip or Mickey pretzels.

Are there any Disney-themed kitchen tools that make for great souvenirs?

Yes, there are many Disney-themed kitchen tools that make for great souvenirs. Some popular options include a Mickey Mouse spatula, a Disney-themed apron, a Disney-themed mug, and a Mickey Mouse-shaped cutting board.

Can I use Pampered Chef products to create Disney-inspired dishes for themed parties or events?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef offers a variety of kitchen tools that can help you create beautiful and delicious Disney-inspired dishes for themed parties or events. Some popular options include a Mickey Mouse cake pan, a Disney-themed cupcake set, and a Mickey Mouse-shaped sandwich cutter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • lt1jane
  • General Chat