• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose Who Have Higher Show Sales...how Do You Do It?

In summary, Sherrie recommends that you try asking your customers at the end of the show if they found everything they were looking for. She also suggests that you focus on recipes that have one high priced item. Lastly, Cat recommends hosting coaching to increase attendance and sales.
spoiledchef
Okay, so I've been in this business since June of last year. My highest show has been a little over $400. How do you all get such high shows? I'm at a loss here. Thanks.

host coach firstOf course the most important thing is great host coaching! The more you talk to your host before the show, letting them know to invite everyone etc, and finding out what THEY want out of their show, the more she'll be like a friend-not a customer. Friends want to do great for friends!
Also, since conference last year I've been sending out my invitations for my hosts. Have you tried this? It really helps with attendance-which in turn leads to higher sales:) It works well because if a host gives you a list with 10-20 names you can suggest ways to think of more people. Let her know you want HER to get the most out of having a show! Also, you know when the invites are sent out. I also add a label that says to preview catalog or place an outside order go to my website.
Just keep trying! Best of luck.

Host coaching is the most important thing that I do, the hosts are going to get the orders if they are excited. I make sure that they make a wish list and I tell them that they need to get $XX in sales to get everything on their list. It usually works. Next, make sure you are doing recipes that show the higher priced items and explain to your guests why they are must haves! I also give lots of tips when I do a show, I tell my guests that each product has more than one use and I start talking about the uses and not the specifics of the products, women don't care that the cutting board is made of polyethalene (however it's spelled) they care that it won't dull their knives or stain!

Here's another tipHi Sherrie!

At one of my favorite stores, the cashier always asks me, "Did you find everything you were looking for?" Sometimes I say yes, but sometimes I say, "Actually..." As a customer, I don't always think to ask for something I can't find. So when someone asks me, sometimes it results in a higher sale! And it's good customer service too! So anyway, I try to ask that at the end of the show, when each customer is checking out!

I agree that host coaching IS very beneficial. My last 3 shows were between $750 and $850. Two of those shows only had 6-7 people attending. But in both cases, the host got quite a few outside orders which greatly increased sales!

Getting guests there is number one. I do this by sending the invitations AND making the reminder calls.

Second, show higher priced tools early in the show. . .I'm sure someone out there can quotet the logic around this idea. Something about people buying what they see in the first 15-20 minutes. Keep that in mind when you're using the US&G. Slice those toppings first (set them aside) and then work on the rest of the recipe. Also, if you have the choice between using tools for a job, pick the higher priced tool.

And as Cat said, "Did you find everything you were looking for?" That really does work wonders.

host coaching I think?My average is about $400 also but I have had a $1000 show, and my last two were $800 and $700! I host coach the same at all of them but some hosts just get into it more than others. I give them a Host tic tac toe form for them to fill out if they accomplish things and if they get an in a row on the sheet they get a free product. So 3 of them were motivated by this and I got a $1000 show from it, $700 just last week and a $500+ show.

I am also running a Hostess with the MOstess challenge for the year (thru NOv) to whomever reaches $1000 show with the highest show total to win (my sign on bonus set) valued at $139. Hoping that motivates them to strive high!

Good luck!

Awesome idea Heather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Host coaching host coaching host coachingDo I need to say it again?

HOST COACHING

They have to invite enough people and they have to collect outside orders. Bottom line.

Other ideas:
--mail the invites for your host. I've started doing tha this month. Attendance is up and therefore sales are up.
--in your show, don't spend too much time on the $10-20 gadgets. They will find them on their own. Sell the collections--Stoneware, Cookware, Simple Additions, Woven Selections. Listen to the "Selling Product Collections" CD for ideas. I've sold 29 large bar pans since September after listening to the CD.

Good luck!

Where can you get the Selling the Collections cd?

Christa said:
Where can you get the Selling the Collections cd?

It's available on the paperwork/supply order for $2.00.

I agree with everyone on the host coaching.

But one thing I have noticed is when Pampered Chef runs the specials "purchase $50 in product and get XXX for FREE!" That really seems to help. I really don't like March's special because my average sale per person has gone from $50 to about $30. There is no incentive for people to push to that $50 mark. Does anyone else agree?

heat123 said:
My average is about $400 also but I have had a $1000 show, and my last two were $800 and $700! I host coach the same at all of them but some hosts just get into it more than others. I give them a Host tic tac toe form for them to fill out if they accomplish things and if they get an in a row on the sheet they get a free product. So 3 of them were motivated by this and I got a $1000 show from it, $700 just last week and a $500+ show.

I am also running a Hostess with the MOstess challenge for the year (thru NOv) to whomever reaches $1000 show with the highest show total to win (my sign on bonus set) valued at $139. Hoping that motivates them to strive high!

Good luck!

I love that idea... Do you have a template for the tic tac toe form? What is your sign on bonus set?

I have had lots of $1000+ shows, and lots of $200 shows. I mostly coach them and sell at them all the same, but it is very true that sometimes I feel lucky to get great hosts, sometimes not so lucky.

So, at my kilo club reception this year, I asked them all to talk about their secrets to having big shows. The biggest thing was: inviting lots of people (most of them sent out 2 packs of invites) and phone time (just like for us!). They told me how much it helped them to invite people verbally on the phone (I tell them to add something like, "It wouldn't be the same if YOU aren't at my show!"), be sure to do the reminder calls (I tell them to mention someone specific to bring such as, "Be sure to bring the lady with the yummy cheesecakes!"), and follow up with people afterwards to collect outside orders. Not only getting the catalogs to them, but phoning them to get the orders back, too.

I also offer incentives like: Bring 2 uninvited adults, get a free stone! Now, as consultants, we know to get 3 people to come, we need to be sure 4-5 will say they'll come. A guest doesn't realize that, so she plans to have 3 but ends up with 2. If someone does manage to bring 3, I give her the small bar pan.
I tell the host that I'll upgrade the guest's door prize if there are 15 adults in attendance.
At the end of the show when I'm showing the host where she is at, I'll tell her that if she goes up 3 levels from where she's at right now, I'll throw in a chopper, bar pan, chillzanne rectangle server, or 4 pc colander & bowl.

Woops, that was supposed to be: "Bring 3 uninvited guests, get a free baking stone!"

This what I do...and it's been working! I highlight the show planner from $600 and up. I black out everything below $600! I then draw a line from $600 to the margin and write "My Avg show = $618! I was told to do this by my director. Just so you know, her show avg is over $900!:eek: Since starting this my show avg has went up over $200 and my last 3 shows were $809, $669 & $828! The last 2 are still open with several more orders to collect! I also write "Do 1st" beside the Wish List and "Do 2nd" beside the Guest List. I also highlight the Booking Benefit and Income Opportunity sections!

Hope that helps!

DZmom said:
and it's been working! I highlight the show planner from $600 and up. I black out everything below $600! I then draw a line from $600 to the margin and write "My Avg show = $618! I was told to do this by my director. Just so you know, her show avg is over $900!:eek: Since starting this my show avg has went up over $200 and my last 3 shows were $809, $669 & $828! The last 2 are still open with several more orders to collect! I also write "Do 1st" beside the Wish List and "Do 2nd" beside the Guest List. I also highlight the Booking Benefit and Income Opportunity sections!

Hope that helps!

Great Idea Donna!

I would say besides Host coaching is to do something that sets you apart from the rest of the consultants in your area. Make sure you do your OOB calls. Customer care is very important. People will remember you for that. Also, have an incentive to your hosts to try to beat your highest for the year. So far that is working for me, my last 4 shows are $1330, $705, $1372 and my show from Saturday is closing out today (haven't talked to her since the show but she said she would collect 5 more outside orders) and that one is at $920. I'm so excited about it!!!
:D :D

PampMomof3 said:
I would say besides Host coaching is to do something that sets you apart from the rest of the consultants in your area. Make sure you do your OOB calls. Customer care is very important. People will remember you for that. Also, have an incentive to your hosts to try to beat your highest for the year. So far that is working for me, my last 4 shows are $1330, $705, $1372 and my show from Saturday is closing out today (haven't talked to her since the show but she said she would collect 5 more outside orders) and that one is at $920. I'm so excited about it!!!
:D :D

Yeah -- but my highest show isn't that high...LOL! It wouldn't take a WHOLE lot to beat it. LOL!

spoiledchef said:
Yeah -- but my highest show isn't that high...LOL! It wouldn't take a WHOLE lot to beat it. LOL!

But if it wouldn't take a WHOLE lot to beat it, then why not try? It'll give your hosts something to strive for and hopefully, your highest show will soon be a lot higher!! :D

Quit looking for that BIG SHOW!
spoiledchef said:

As Belinda Elsworth says "Quit looking for the next recruit, look for the next lead." My biggest show wasn't that big either. BUT after listening to Belinda I realized that instead for looking for that $1K show I needed to concentrate on the ones I had and start making them the best or biggest. My director gives us a $10 gift card each time we beat our best. I've gotten $30 so far and another $10 on it's way, as soon as I submit my fundraiser from this past weekend. I still have yet to get that $1K show, but I've beat my best 4 times now and eventually I have that $1K show!

So, if you don't know how to have those BIG SHOWS, then just set a more realistic goal. Coach your host to the level above your highest show or above your show avg. That way it doesn't look so daunting to either of you. Then eventually it will come as an old hat to you to coach your hosts to the $1K shows.

Donna -- that's a GREAT idea. That makes much more sense to me. And -- since my highest is in the $400 range, then I can easily strive for $500 and then go from there. GREAT IDEA!

Very well said Donna!

Do you have a copy of the host tic-tac-toe form that you use? I had heard of that and have been trying to make up a list of 8 things to put on a card for them to fill out. Also, what do you use for incentives and how do you award them?

i have the same question as Mary's Kitchen. I think the tic-tac-toe idea would be a great way to challenge the host.

Mary's Kitchen said:
Do you have a copy of the host tic-tac-toe form that you use? I had heard of that and have been trying to make up a list of 8 things to put on a card for them to fill out. Also, what do you use for incentives and how do you award them?

Kealohalani3 said:
i have the same question as Mary's Kitchen. I think the tic-tac-toe idea would be a great way to challenge the host.

Here's the thread to the one's I've posted before. Hope they help!

http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?p=40399#post40399

I also believe that the more items (especially the higher priced items) I being the better U do. People want to see and touch before they buy. I coach too ~ but when they are there, they want to "shop" and browse. Since I started to do that, my last 3 shows were over $1000. Yea!

Encourage your Hostess to get outside orders. My highest show, on Feb. 22, began with $1,100 in outside orders. The party produced another $285, and
she topped it off with two additional orders to get over $1600, so she could get $365 in free products and all the Cookware she wanted. I was flabbergasted at her before show totals. She said she hardly had to try, cause "PC sells itself."

This past weekend, the hostess who had $856 show, had over 18 orders, had
gaven me an address list of 19, plus 10 e-mail addresses. One person ordered
through my website, and she had 15 guests. Greater number on the guest lists seems to be another answer for me, anyway. I gave this hostess incentive to have 15 orders and earn small batter bowl. I then upgraded her
to the Easy Read Measuring set, since PC gave her the mini piece with her 15 orders. She was thrilled.
Grandmarita

All the ideas posted here are wonderful! I strongly encourage host-coacning, it is the #1 way to raise your sales. Nancy's Artworks 5-15-5 stickers also help incredibly and I always tell my hosts that they have to have AT LEAST 5 outside orders before I get there, and have her encourage her guest to bring outside orders also! I left my show last night with $1008 and growing (she still has to get her 5 orders after the show like the sticker says!!)...and most of all, just have fun! If you have fun, they will, too.

I am ending my Super Starter Month #3 in a week. I have earned all of the Monthly Bonuses + 5 of the Plus Bonuses (yes, you can order as many of those as you want) and should get at least one more before the month ends! What did I do? Just been myself and given it all I have. And yes, I did quit my healthcare job on March 14 at 8:58 am. Now it is I, not someone else who is in control of my destiny....GOOD LUCK!!

jwpamp said:
All the ideas posted here are wonderful! I strongly encourage host-coacning, it is the #1 way to raise your sales. Nancy's Artworks 5-15-5 stickers also help incredibly and I always tell my hosts that they have to have AT LEAST 5 outside orders before I get there, and have her encourage her guest to bring outside orders also! I left my show last night with $1008 and growing (she still has to get her 5 orders after the show like the sticker says!!)...and most of all, just have fun! If you have fun, they will, too.

I am ending my Super Starter Month #3 in a week. I have earned all of the Monthly Bonuses + 5 of the Plus Bonuses (yes, you can order as many of those as you want) and should get at least one more before the month ends! What did I do? Just been myself and given it all I have. And yes, I did quit my healthcare job on March 14 at 8:58 am. Now it is I, not someone else who is in control of my destiny....GOOD LUCK!!

wow congrats on the amazing start!!! you sound like you're doing awesome!

Host coachingAsk your hosts if they have friends and family who live out-of-town. If so, make sure the show is posted on the web. Also, mail catalogs to out-of-town family for your host with a note about "Susy's" show. Ask Susy's to call friends and family. Have the husband take a catalog to work. Oustside orders can make a big difference. I've had $1000 shows with motivated hosts who have been creative about seeking outside orders. And make sure your host has enough catalogs in the host packet; I give my hosts 4 catalogs and at least 5 outside order forms. And make sure your don't give much attention to lower priced items unless you are cross-selling (scraper set), chopper, cutting boards, knives, etc. Create a desire. And know your products and where they can make a difference in your guests lives.

1. How do you get such high show sales in your business?

There are several strategies that can help increase show sales, such as effective marketing and promotion, offering discounts or special deals, providing excellent customer service, and having high-quality products. It is also important to analyze and understand your target audience and tailor your approach to their needs and preferences.

2. What are some tips for increasing show sales?

Some tips for increasing show sales include setting specific goals and targets, creating a compelling and visually appealing display, engaging with customers and actively promoting your products, and continuously seeking feedback and making improvements based on customer preferences and trends.

3. How do you effectively market and promote your shows?

There are various ways to market and promote your shows, such as using social media platforms, creating email campaigns, collaborating with influencers or other businesses, utilizing word-of-mouth marketing, and participating in local events or markets. It is important to have a clear and consistent brand message and to target your promotions to your ideal customers.

4. How can you improve your customer service to increase show sales?

To improve customer service, it is essential to have a friendly and approachable attitude, listen to and address any customer concerns or questions, provide helpful and accurate information about your products, and offer a smooth and efficient purchasing process. Building strong relationships and providing a positive customer experience can lead to repeat business and increased sales.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid when trying to increase show sales?

Some common mistakes to avoid when trying to increase show sales include not understanding your target audience, not having a clear and consistent brand message, not actively promoting your products, not offering a variety of products or price points, and not seeking and implementing feedback from customers. It is also essential to have realistic goals and to continuously evaluate and adjust your strategies as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lauraP2000
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lauraP2000
  • Raenstorm