• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Want to increase your commission by 25%? Learn how with this flyer!

In summary, Kristy is planning to do a HWC catalog show in May and is raising money to cover the cost. She is donating 5% of her commission, or $15, to the cause.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
When you give them a % of your commision, do you give them the % off what you get or that % off their commisionable sales.
I.E. 5% of $400
or 5% of $60?

I'm giving it off of what PC gives me (my commission). So, if I make $150, then I'll give them $15 (I'm doing 10%).

I do a total sales percentage. Here is my chart:
1-599 in sales - 15% commission (I donate the extra 5%)
600-1249 - 20% commission (I donate the extra 5%)
1250 and up - 25% commission (I donate the extra 10%)

Kristy

Do you think it looks bad to do a fundraiser and not donate part of your commission? I am preparing to do a HWC catalog show the entire month of May. I already have almost 100 people ready to buy! I have been working my butt off trying to contact new people and get everyone excited. With no "host" for this show I am the one doing all the running around. If I do all the work, does it still reflect poorly upon me that I want everyone else to donate, but I won't donate myself??

Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

It does not look bad!!I don't think it looks bad at all. Sometimes people want to do a fundraiser for something that I really don't feel the Lord wants me to donate my money too.
My husband and I prayerfully consider our giving every month and we strongly feel that our money should be going to enlarge the kingdom of God first and foremost.
Not that an occasional exception comes up, but for the most part we give extra to missionaries, our church projects, tracts, etc....
While I feel that many organizations that choose to do fundraisers with me are good causes, I don't feel at all obligated to donate.
If let's say a group at my church wanted to raise funds for a mission trip or something, then I would definitely donate.
But sometimes little league teams, HWC shows, etc don't make me feel at all that I need to donate any money to them.
I am providing a service to a group who want to raise funds and are sick and tired of those candy, popcorn, gift wrap, etc types of fundraisers where you spend an arm and a leg and have nothing afterwards to show for it.
I try to let them know that even though the percentage is low, the products are wonderful and worth every penny, not to mention the guarantees we offer!! If you do all the work, you shouldn't have to pay some of your hard earned commission to any organization you don't want to!!
Good luck!!
Debbie

You could donate your 'profit' commission... keep record of the money you spent... groceries, printing flyers, etc... then keep just that money and the rest donate....
If HWC is something very dear to you... you may want to go ahead and donate - in that case you wouldn't see it as a loss... you would be glad that you were able to raise money.

I wouldn't mention that it is a low percentage - focus on how much we raised last May... in one month alone! selling these little pink products... $1.4 million was raised!! (I think I'm right with the $1.4 million? maybe $1.3? that's what I seem to remember from Nat.Conf. last year...it was the MOST we have ever raised in one May since it started in 2000!)

I looove the clips! It is something everyone can use, they are cheap, and they could even split it up and give one to a friend or sister or mother, etc... to remind them of the importance of mamograms, checking yourself, etc...With them sitting on the refrigerator all year, it definitely stays on their mind.

Don't forget, you also earn less commission on fundraisers. Make sure they know that 5% of what you would have earned - had it been a cooking or catalog show - is already being used for the fundraiser check.

ksartain said:
I do a total sales percentage. Here is my chart:
1-599 in sales - 15% commission (I donate the extra 5%)
600-1249 - 20% commission (I donate the extra 5%)
1250 and up - 25% commission (I donate the extra 10%)

Kristy

I do something similar, depending on the goals of the organization.

I also pitch in an extra $2 for each booking, making the total donation $5 per booking.

Thanks everyone! Debbie's comment made me think! It is a samller percentage, but of a bigger item, and who even remembers what they bought from the girl scouts of the high school swim team? I am going to be having some meetings in the next few weeks with people to possibly help with my fundraiser and I want to be completely prepared for anything they might ask!

Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

I agree with Debbie that it doesn't look bad, we are providing a service. I donate extra to my kids school, churches, Second Harvest and March of Dimes...those are what are near and dear to me.

Okay, I had EVERY intention of donating my percentage (10%) off of my commissionable sales, BUT now I'm wondering if I should donate 10% of the GUEST sales. The chairperson thinks they're getting my 10% off of the guest sales. So, if I don't do it this way...how do I explain it?

Thanks.

I'm donating 10%I have one that I'm starting up in May for my daughters High School Grad Night Party. I am the chair of the committie and just brought it up. I didn't think they would go for it because everything else that we have been doing to raise funds has been around 100% profit for us. It just goes to show you that you have to speak up to everyone. :D

Now I'm not sure who to put down as the contact person for this because I am the chair, or should it be our secretary, or out treasurer? That way my name isn't conected to it.:rolleyes:

We are going to do catalogs and then one day to come and see the products, I will be focusing on what to take to College for you Dorm Room.

Theresia

You do what you feel comfortable with...When I talk to someone about a fundraiser, I never ever mention that I too will donate via my commission. Partially because we only do make 15% to 17% on fundraisers. And I have actually never gotten far enough to do this anyway. I never get takers when they find out the donation amount is so low. 10% or 15% is not enough for them.
However, when I do my HWC shows in May, I designate several shows and I give them 100% of my commission to make for a 27% to 32% donation. I take it one step further and make up the difference to 50% of the total sales. Last year I mailed a check to ACS for $1700. Had to do it that way as we can't do it through PC any more with Round-Up.
So, you do what you feel comfortable with. That is the only rule you should ever feel you need to follow in anything you do with your business. (That is other than the ones PC has set forth.)

But -- I gave them "generic" fundraiser cover letters explaining the profit (15% from PC and 10% from my commissions). But -- like an idiot...I didn't look over the calculations, and whoever has been passing this down from consultant to consultant SCREWED up. The figures show them getting 25% of sales, and that's not true...so, am I liable for my mistake???? I'm at a moral dilemma, and I want to be honest and true.

spoiledchef said:
But -- I gave them "generic" fundraiser cover letters explaining the profit (15% from PC and 10% from my commissions). But -- like an idiot...I didn't look over the calculations, and whoever has been passing this down from consultant to consultant SCREWED up. The figures show them getting 25% of sales, and that's not true...so, am I liable for my mistake???? I'm at a moral dilemma, and I want to be honest and true.

Unfortunately this one may be your 'learning experience' - bummer! I would make up two different fundraiser letters - one with your choice of donation and one without. I would always have the one without ready to give out and then if you decide you would like to add your commission you could send that one and they would be pleasantly surpised to hear that it is a cause near and dear to your heart and you would love to support them/the cause even more.

Maybe this time around you may mention that you don't always donate your commission (so it is not expected everytime orincase someone who may have ties to this organization hears about it and doesn't expect it too!) but this time you want to help support them/the cause. This all depends on what the organization is too?? Maybe this doesn't help you?? Every situation is different and you may just have to go with the flow!!

Good Luck,
Leea:cool:

Thanks Leea! I just sent them (two separate fundraisers) an email explaining my mistake. I'm hoping they'll both be very forgiving and understanding. We shall see! If not, I've learned my lesson for sure...and the hard and costly way. :(

YEAH!!!! Both hosts were totally fine with my "mistake" and they both forgave me. I'm sooo relieved.

spoiledchef said:
Okay, I had EVERY intention of donating my percentage (10%) off of my commissionable sales, BUT now I'm wondering if I should donate 10% of the GUEST sales. The chairperson thinks they're getting my 10% off of the guest sales. So, if I don't do it this way...how do I explain it?

Thanks.

Which way is the best way for us to do this and lose less? To figure a percent if sales or of my comission?

What I do is coach my coordinators to the $10,000 level by letting them know I will donate half of my commission when they reach $10,000 in product sales. The nice thing is it gives them a real number to shoot for and increases their 15% to 25%. I get great sales and still make at least $1,000!

Susan -- I ended up just giving them 10% of whatever my commission WOULD have been for guest sales. I took the guest sales and multiplied it by 15%. I gave them 10% of whatever that figure came up to be. I ended up giving the preschool $25 and the RFL team $30. I still came out with a $300 profit (after subtracting prizes, gifts, and food).

Kate -- I WISH these would have been $10,000 fundraisers. I was hoping for that, and they had the figures of what they'd get profit-wise. But -- combined they were both close to $3500 commissionable sales, so I'm still pleased with that.

I'm starting a fundraiser for a local charter school. It is in it's first year and they are in portables. They have been doing fundraisers all year long and had a huge dinner auction last Friday. I donated a Carving Set and a Small Batter Bowl with some small products in it - basically $100 retail. Both groups went for higher than retail!!! I'm hoping this is a good test for how well the fundraiser will be received. There are 140 families - some with more than one kid in the school. I'm asking each kid to collect $150 in orders. I'm offering fabulous incentives - pizza party for highest sales class, root beer float parties for highest sales class per grade level, cookie parties for full class participation - everyone with at least $150 in orders, popcorn party for full class participation - everyone with at least one order and prizes for highest personal sales and highest personal sales per grade level. I'm also offering a PC gift certificate or spa gift certificate to each teacher with highest sales - their choice. And each kid that brings in at least $150 in orders will recieve a citrus peeler - I'll just tack that onto the fundraiser. I'm meeting with the PFA tonight and plan on kicking it off with a live show next week. I'm definately getting letters of intent from the kids with parent signatures. I'm not to keen on giving out 250 or so catalogs and not getting anything in return. Oh, the coordinator wants to have an annual PC fundraiser in November - just in time for the holidays - due to the good response at the products I donated for the dinner auction!!!! Whew...my fingers are tired!

I've only done one fundraiser, and I gave them an additional 5% to make their profit 20%. Yes, the 5% was of their sales. I also provided a couple of prizes worth $35 total, I think. It's a tax-deduction, plus good PR, and it was a group that means something to me.

Well, out of nearly 40 preschool families, only TEN participated. But -- the director did say that some who haven't participated in other fundraisers, participated in the PC one. I also donated prizes to the kids for their work ($25 Target gift cards for most $$$ sold, most products sold, and most HWC products sold). It was a good experience, and I learned a LOT of what to do differently next time. :)

Flyer for this?
cmdtrgd said:
What I do is coach my coordinators to the $10,000 level by letting them know I will donate half of my commission when they reach $10,000 in product sales. The nice thing is it gives them a real number to shoot for and increases their 15% to 25%. I get great sales and still make at least $1,000!

Do you have a flyer that you give to them explaining this - does it have an earning chart for over and under $10,000 levels? If you do are you willing to share it with us?

Thanks,
Leea:cool:

1. What is the percentage that is donated when I purchase a Pampered Chef product?

When you make a purchase through Pampered Chef's "Donate a %" program, 10% of the product's retail price is donated to Feeding America, a non-profit organization that works to end hunger in the United States.

2. Can I choose which organization my donation goes to?

Currently, all donations through the "Donate a %" program go to Feeding America. However, we are always looking for new opportunities to give back to our community and may expand our partnerships in the future.

3. Is there a limit to how much Pampered Chef will donate?

No, there is no limit to how much Pampered Chef will donate through the "Donate a %" program. We are committed to making a difference in fighting hunger and will continue to support Feeding America in any way we can.

4. Do I have to pay extra to participate in the "Donate a %" program?

No, there is no additional cost for participating in the "Donate a %" program. The 10% donation is automatically included in the product's retail price.

5. How can I track the impact of my purchase through the "Donate a %" program?

To track the impact of your purchase, you can visit the "Donate a %" page on our website. Here, you can see the total amount of donations made through the program and how many meals have been provided to those in need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedpnina
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
MC0604
  • SandiLeigh