• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose That Always Do Fajitas

drizzle it over the chicken when it's done. YUM!I do the Pulled BBQ chicken sandwich and garlic biscuit bites in the oven.
PamperedK
Silver Member
For those of you that do Fajitas at every show....what do you do for those repeat groups that have been a lot/ Do they still get Fajitas? Any complaints about that?

I did Fajitas last month and my bookings were AMAZING! People stopping me during the ticket game to ask what dates I have left this month, etc....

I switched to another DCB recipe and it's just not the same. I think it's the cooking chicken in the microwave thing that really gets people excited.

I'm interested to hear how you present this if you have repeat groups and what you say to your hosts....

OR is there another recipe or two that are just as amazing that I could alternate?

I get a lot of repeat requests for Fajitas, so it hasn't been an issue. People just really like them!

I don't typically get requests for recipes because I always tell them that I'll let them know what we're making! lol I don't give my hosts a choice in the recipe....unless they're vegetarian or ask for chocolate, etc....

Do something else that requires cooking the chicken in the DCB. I'm doing a Super Bowl Appetizers theme this month for several of my shows, and making Buffalo Chicken Dip. I cook the chicken in the DCB, and then shred it with the Mix n Chop right in there and add the rest of the ingredients. People have been LOVING it because it's so simple and quick (and one dish!) and tastes fabulous! It's helping to fill up my February!

BUFFALO RUB CHICKEN DIP
8 oz. cream cheese
2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 cup Ranch dressing
1/4 cup Bleu Cheese crumbles
1/4 cup Wing Sauce
1 heaping tsp. Pampered Chef Buffalo Rub
4 oz. grated cheddar

Mix everything except the cheddar cheese together. Pour into deep covered baker, then sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top. Microwave on high for 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve it with celery & carrot sticks, and tortilla chips.

I am a big fajita doer and I also do the Chicken your way in the grill pan with a nice Greek salad

I agree with Becky. If I have already done Fajitas with the group- I offer Fajitas again or another "dinner" DCB recipe. The Grilled Chicken Penne has gone over well. I cook the chicken in the baker and not the grill pan. Also, the pork tenderloin has gone over well. If they don't like pork tenderloin you can always do a turkey tenderloin.

I haven't done the fajitas in a long time but have been doing various recipes. I am now going to start demoing Pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches and garlic biscuit bites as THE recipe for my shows.

ChefBeckyD said:
Do something else that requires cooking the chicken in the DCB. I'm doing a Super Bowl Appetizers theme this month for several of my shows, and making Buffalo Chicken Dip. I cook the chicken in the DCB, and then shred it with the Mix n Chop right in there and add the rest of the ingredients. People have been LOVING it because it's so simple and quick (and one dish!) and tastes fabulous! It's helping to fill up my February!

BUFFALO RUB CHICKEN DIP
8 oz. cream cheese
2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 cup Ranch dressing
1/4 cup Bleu Cheese crumbles
1/4 cup Wing Sauce
1 heaping tsp. Pampered Chef Buffalo Rub
4 oz. grated cheddar

Mix everything except the cheddar cheese together. Pour into deep covered baker, then sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top. Microwave on high for 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve it with celery & carrot sticks, and tortilla chips.
I am doing the exact same thing and this recipe. Only I shred the chicken with the salad chopper. I've never tried to do it with the mix n chop...

Bren706 said:
I haven't done the fajitas in a long time but have been doing various recipes. I am now going to start demoing Pulled BBQ chicken sandwiches and garlic biscuit bites as THE recipe for my shows.

I LOVE this idea! Pulled Pork is a HUGE thing in our area so that would go over really well.

How do you do the Pulled Chicken?

Slice a red onion and place it on the bottom of the DCB. Arrange 3 chicken breasts on top of the onions. Brush some olive oil on them (our garlic infused canola oil is great too!). Sprinkle the BBQ rub generously on the chicken. Cover and microwave for about 12 minutes. Take the chicken out and slice/pull it with the hold and slice and a knife on a cutting board. Meanwhile, I make the BBQ sauce (from the original bbq pork recipe in the past SB book) in the DCB (no heating required, and keeping the juices from the chicken in there) and then add the chicken to the bbq mix. Voila!

PamperedK said:
I LOVE this idea! Pulled Pork is a HUGE thing in our area so that would go over really well.

How do you do the Pulled Chicken?

I also offer the pulled BBQ pork or chicken. So easy and is almost as popular as the fajitas.

To do the chicken just microwave the chicken in the DCB for 12 minutes then chop with salad chopper. For the pork it's 10 minutes, then rest 10 minutes then chop with salad chopper. While it's cooking I make the BBQ sauce with the BBQ rub we carry.

*all cooking and "rest time" with lid on

Sounds great! Do you think you can just chop up the chicken in the DCB using the Mix & Chop?

Is this the BBQ sauce? You don't have to heat it?1 cup (250 mL) ketchup
¼ cup (50 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
2 tbsp (30 mL) Smoky Barbecue Rub
2 tsp (10 mL) cider vinegar or white vinegar
Combine ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue rub and vinegar in (1.5-qt./1.5-L) Saucepan.
Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; remove from heat. Serve sauce on sandwiches; reserve
remaining sauce for another use.

PamperedK said:
Sounds great! Do you think you can just chop up the chicken in the DCB using the Mix & Chop?
I keep it in the DCB to chop it but like I said I never did it with the mix n chop but Becky says it works!ETA: I just realized you are probably asking Brenda about her recipe. I isn't realize she posted while I was typing. lol

PamperedK said:
Is this the BBQ sauce? You don't have to heat it?

1 cup (250 mL) ketchup
¼ cup (50 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
2 tbsp (30 mL) Smoky Barbecue Rub
2 tsp (10 mL) cider vinegar or white vinegar
Combine ketchup, brown sugar, barbecue rub and vinegar in (1.5-qt./1.5-L) Saucepan.
Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; remove from heat. Serve sauce on sandwiches; reserve
remaining sauce for another use.

Yes. And I do heat it.

BethCooks4U said:
I keep it in the DCB to chop it but like I said I never did it with the mix n chop but Becky says it works!
That's what I do for the Fajitas and people are amazed, so maybe I'll do that. Tell me more about what you do for BBQ Sauce, beth. i'm excited to make this now!

PamperedK said:
That's what I do for the Fajitas and people are amazed, so maybe I'll do that.

Tell me more about what you do for BBQ Sauce, beth.

i'm excited to make this now!

I just put all the ingredients in the sauce pan and heat to a boil, then when the meat it ready and chopped/shredded I mix the sauce in.

Do you demo anything else while the meat is cooking? My show is really interactive and I want to make sure I fill the time while it's cooking.....

It depends on the party but usually do the sauce during that time and then answer any questions. While the meat is resting I do the stealing heart game, wrap up and dpds. That way when the food is done they can eat, visit and order.

Beth, do you think you could heat the sauce in the Micro cooker?

heather223 said:
Beth, do you think you could heat the sauce in the Micro cooker?

I would think so, don't know why not, but I prefer to show off the cookware. If you don't have any cookware then by all means try it! It just needs to be heated through.

Another question for you.....what kind of salsa do you all do with the Fajitas? The one that I got with the file doesn't like to work in the MFP...they just spin around and around. Someone told me to try canned whole tomatoes, but I thought I'd see what you all do first.

2-3 tomatoes (depends on size)
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
handful of cilantro
1/2 onion
1/2 lime, squeezed

Cut up the tomatoes, pepper & onion and put in MFP along with cilantro (tomato in first). Process to desired texture. Squeeze juice of 1/2 lime into salsa with citrus press.

I usually do one tomato with the rest and then do additional tomato by itself and stir it into the salsa as it doesn't all fit in the MFP at once before processing.

Ok yeah that's a similar recipe to what I use. I just don't like how the MFP does tomatoes. Maybe I'll try it with the canned ones....thanks!!!

I tried doing a salsa in the MFP the other night and it also had a hard time cutting the tomatoes. Just spun them around and squished them a little.

I made the one that I think comes with the MFP the other day and thought it was great. I use cherry tomatoes. But I chop it up differently. I start with the jalapeno, garlic and cilantro. Then the onion and finally the tomatoes.

Did the buffalo chicken dip last night for a show and got three February bookings! That finished up February for me. Now to finish booking March!

Bren706 said:

What is the receipe for the garlic biscuit bites?

ShelbyMichalek said:
I tried doing a salsa in the MFP the other night and it also had a hard time cutting the tomatoes. Just spun them around and squished them a little.

I have found that using grape or cherry tomoates works great when making salsa in the MFP. I make that while my chicken fajitas are cooking and the guess love it!

I'm new to this so I have several questions -

where do I find the fajita recipe?
What is the ticket game?
What is the stealing heart game?

I like to do the fajitas in the DCB and while they are cooking make a salsa. Still relatively new, I haven't had a lot of parties so I haven't really had to come up with alternatives yet. I would love to do the Easy Shrimp and Sausage Paella in the DCB cookbook. That is one oft household favorites. Anyone else try that?

The chicken enchilada lasagna isamazing in the dcb.

Use the DCB for a chocolate dessert or the pineapple upside down cake. Use the new round covered baker for a smaller version of the fajita recipe. Everyone loves the desserts and those that have not tried the fajita recipe before will love it too.

I'll switch up the fajita's recipe, by doing regular one with SW and Chipotle seasoning and regular salsa and with the chili lime version, using hte sW & Chili Lime seasoning and then using the confetti salsa from a season or two back

Anyone tried doing the fajita recipe in the oven? My hostess doesn't want to cook in the microwave..ugh

Can you use a piece of cookware instead? Grill pan or 12" skillet?

What do you do for repeat groups that have had fajitas at previous shows?

For repeat groups that have already experienced the fajitas recipe at a previous show, I like to offer them the option of trying a different recipe. This gives them a chance to try something new and keeps the show fresh and exciting. However, if they specifically request fajitas again, I am more than happy to accommodate their request.

Do you receive any complaints about serving fajitas at multiple shows?

I have not personally received any complaints about serving fajitas at multiple shows. In fact, many of my customers have expressed their love for the fajitas recipe and look forward to having it again at future shows. However, as I mentioned before, I do like to offer alternative recipes to keep the show interesting for those who may have already tried fajitas.

How do you present the fajitas recipe to repeat groups?

When presenting the fajitas recipe to repeat groups, I like to highlight the aspects that make it unique and different from other recipes. This could include the convenience of cooking the chicken in the microwave, the flavorful marinade, or the interactive aspect of building your own fajitas. I also make sure to mention that they have the option of trying a different recipe if they have already had fajitas at a previous show.

Do you have any other recipes that are just as amazing as fajitas?

While fajitas may be a fan favorite, there are definitely other recipes that are just as delicious and popular. Some of my personal favorites include the Southwest Chicken and Rice Skillet and the Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas. These recipes also have unique elements that make them stand out and are always a hit at my shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristin B
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • K.Shaffer
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies