• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake Demo: Recipe Variations for Your January Shows

In summary, to make the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, you will need a box of chocolate cake mix, sweetened condensed milk, caramel sauce, semi-sweet chocolate chips, butter, egg, and chopped pecans. You can use any type of cake mix, but chocolate pairs well with the other flavors. Prepare your skillet by preheating it and lightly coating it with cooking spray. This recipe can be made ahead of time and reheated before serving. There are also variations, such as using yellow cake mix with sliced apples on top or substituting pecans with walnuts or omitting them altogether for a nut-free option.
kcjodih
Gold Member
who have made the Turtle Fudge Skillet cake as a demo did you make another recipe or just the cake? I'm thinking of offering it for my two shows the end of January but I'm not sure if it's enough of a demo. They've both seen the potato and the cucumber demo before so I can't go that route.

PLEASE help!

I have demoed this a couple of times, but not as the main recipe. I either have it already baking or completely baked. The other recipe I do is one that has a pre-cooked crust...cool veggie pizza or something similar. I show them how easy the cake comes out of the skillet and talk about the skillet. I demo the chopper, knife, microcooker(melting choc and caramel), spreader, etc. I usually have my vegetables already chopped up and my filling already mixed(for the veggie pizza), so the demo doesn't last forever. You can still talk about your stoneware, pizza cutter, batter bowls and scrapers.

Turtle Fudge Skillet CakeI always make the cake in advance at the host's house. The aroma is appealing to those as they arrive. I have demo'd the topping for the cake as my primary demo is baking.

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake?

To make the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, you will need: 1 box of chocolate cake mix, 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 1 jar of caramel sauce, 1 package of semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 stick of butter, 1 egg, and 1 cup of chopped pecans.

2. Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix you prefer. However, the chocolate cake mix pairs well with the other flavors in this recipe.

3. How should I prepare my skillet for this recipe?

You will need to preheat your skillet on medium heat and lightly coat it with cooking spray before adding the cake batter. This will prevent the cake from sticking to the skillet.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it before serving. Simply cover the skillet with foil and store it in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, place the skillet in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.

5. Are there any variations to this recipe?

Yes, there are a few variations you can try. Instead of using chocolate cake mix, you can use yellow cake mix and add a layer of sliced apples on top before baking. You can also substitute the pecans with walnuts or omit them altogether for a nut-free option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rajenkiPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KateInTheKitchen
  • KateInTheKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefloretta
  • Suzy Englert