1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: For those of you

1. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

who have made the Turtle Fudge Skillet cake as a demo did you make another recipe or just the cake? I'm thinking of offering it for my two shows the end of January but I'm not sure if it's enough of a demo. They've both seen the potato and the cucumber demo before so I can't go that route.

PLEASE help!

Jan 13, 2006
  2. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

I have demoed this a couple of times, but not as the main recipe. I either have it already baking or completely baked. The other recipe I do is one that has a pre-cooked crust...cool veggie pizza or something similar. I show them how easy the cake comes out of the skillet and talk about the skillet. I demo the chopper, knife, microcooker(melting choc and caramel), spreader, etc. I usually have my vegetables already chopped up and my filling already mixed(for the veggie pizza), so the demo doesn't last forever. You can still talk about your stoneware, pizza cutter, batter bowls and scrapers.

Jan 13, 2006
  3. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake

I always make the cake in advance at the host's house. The aroma is appealing to those as they arrive. I have demo'd the topping for the cake as my primary demo is baking.

Jan 13, 2006
Have something to add?