• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose of You Who Are in Need of Bookings

In summary, this business is a numbers game and the more you call, the more chances you will get a YES.
Kitchen2u
Just a suggestion...from experience ~

RE-WRITE your list of 100. Call EVERYONE on that NEW list. If you get a message machine, leave a nice message . . . BUT . . . keep calling back until you get a LIVE voice.

When calling ~ BE EXCITED! Talk about how FUN the party is going to be ~ "I'll entertain, cook and clean ~ while you have a FUN party with your family and friends. How's that sound?"

SECURE the date while you've got them on the phone.

After being in the biz for over 6 years...I just re-did my list of 100. I worked a power hour every night possible until my calendar was back to being full again.

So for those of you calling 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. people...if your calendar is not where you want it to be ~ you need to be calling 15-20 a night!

This business is a numbers games....it's all about numbers! The more you call, the more chances you will get a YES. I called 25 people last night, got 7bookings...sure that's only 28% ~ BUT ~ how many bookings did I have before I called those 25? I HAPPY with 7 ~ it's more than what I had. After I finished calling my new list of 100 ~ here's my numbers:

100 called:
41 left messages (continuing to call them until I get a LIVE person)
27 no thanks (but got 15 orders!)
13 referrals
17 cooking party bookings (April through September)
10 catalog parties
5 call me back in a few months

So I get 17 cooking parties with only getting ahold of 59 live bodies ~ not bad! I'm expecting at least 10 more with the 41 folks I didn't get to talk to (cuz some of these are FOR SURE bookings!)

So get off the computer, stop watching TV, or anything else you love doing ~ if your business means a lot to you ~ then get off the couch and get on the phone!

If it helps...print out a $ sign (make it big) and taped them to your phones...

Phone calls = bookings & orders = $$$$

Come on CHALLENGE yourself ~ afterall, it's YOUR biz!

Ginny

That Is Fantastic! Good For You! I Will Definitely Do This When My Calendar Needs Some Help!

Kitchen2u said:
Just a suggestion...from experience ~

RE-WRITE your list of 100. Call EVERYONE on that NEW list. If you get a message machine, leave a nice message . . . BUT . . . keep calling back until you get a LIVE voice.

When calling ~ BE EXCITED! Talk about how FUN the party is going to be ~ "I'll entertain, cook and clean ~ while you have a FUN party with your family and friends. How's that sound?"

SECURE the date while you've got them on the phone.

After being in the biz for over 6 years...I just re-did my list of 100. I worked a power hour every night possible until my calendar was back to being full again.

So for those of you calling 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. people...if your calendar is not where you want it to be ~ you need to be calling 15-20 a night!

This business is a numbers games....it's all about numbers! The more you call, the more chances you will get a YES. I called 25 people last night, got 7bookings...sure that's only 28% ~ BUT ~ how many bookings did I have before I called those 25? I HAPPY with 7 ~ it's more than what I had. After I finished calling my new list of 100 ~ here's my numbers:

100 called:
41 left messages (continuing to call them until I get a LIVE person)
27 no thanks (but got 15 orders!)
13 referrals
17 cooking party bookings (April through September)
10 catalog parties
5 call me back in a few months

So I get 17 cooking parties with only getting ahold of 59 live bodies ~ not bad! I'm expecting at least 10 more with the 41 folks I didn't get to talk to (cuz some of these are FOR SURE bookings!)

So get off the computer, stop watching TV, or anything else you love doing ~ if your business means a lot to you ~ then get off the couch and get on the phone!

If it helps...print out a $ sign (make it big) and taped them to your phones...

Phone calls = bookings & orders = $$$$

Come on CHALLENGE yourself ~ afterall, it's YOUR biz!

Ginny

Were you reading my mind? I have to remind my self of this too!!! I am actually going to take some of your points and share them with my team on Monday.
After having a new product kick off and hearing for the 10th time about how lucky I was to have two of this and that, I turned to everyone and said...that yes, I am blessed, but that it took a lot of hard work and the best part is, that THEY too can have the opportunity to get 2 sets of products. In fact, how can I help you get there? Reality sunk in and they admitted that what I was saying was true. I didn't criticize, but just explained that I didn't sign up as a director...it takes the work you describe!!
Thank you for your honesty and your suggestions! I love solutions!!!

Love this Thanks Ginny:)

baychef said:
Were you reading my mind? I have to remind my self of this too!!! I am actually going to take some of your points and share them with my team on Monday.
After having a new product kick off and hearing for the 10th time about how lucky I was to have two of this and that, I turned to everyone and said...that yes, I am blessed, but that it took a lot of hard work and the best part is, that THEY too can have the opportunity to get 2 sets of products. In fact, how can I help you get there? Reality sunk in and they admitted that what I was saying was true. I didn't criticize, but just explained that I didn't sign up as a director...it takes the work you describe!!
Thank you for your honesty and your suggestions! I love solutions!!!

Ann~

I have been one of those whiners feeling sorry for myself that I am a lowly consultant and don't usually earn the entire set of new products, let along two sets. I will remember the way you just worded it. Sometimes it's hard to view our directors as consultants first (kind of like you can't invision your parents ever being a kid!!:D ) But you are right! You all had to work your butts off to get where you are and you work hard to keep there or to keep moving up! Thanks for that perspective...and I won't be the one making those comments anymore!

and Ginny~

Thanks for the kick in the butt that a lot of us (ahem...uh, ME) need! The phone isn't going to ring by itself with people falling all over themselves to get me to do a party for them! I have to get past the fear of being rejected and push on through. Otherwise, my goal of becoming a director will never happen!

Ginny,

You took the words out of my mouth. I made calls today and booked two shows. So not the stellar results you got, but still more than I had.

You'll have to share what you're saying on your calls. Please! :)

yes, please share your words or verbiage on the phone. When I do CC calls I am just making product follow ups and have yet to bring up the bookings speil to get shows!

That was great encouragement Ginny!! I printed it to read over and over!!

KellyTheChef said:
Ann~

I have been one of those whiners feeling sorry for myself that I am a lowly consultant and don't usually earn the entire set of new products, let along two sets. I will remember the way you just worded it. Sometimes it's hard to view our directors as consultants first (kind of like you can't invision your parents ever being a kid!!:D ) But you are right! You all had to work your butts off to get where you are and you work hard to keep there or to keep moving up! Thanks for that perspective...and I won't be the one making those comments anymore!

and Ginny~

Thanks for the kick in the butt that a lot of us (ahem...uh, ME) need! The phone isn't going to ring by itself with people falling all over themselves to get me to do a party for them! I have to get past the fear of being rejected and push on through. Otherwise, my goal of becoming a director will never happen!

You CAN do it Kelly! If it was easy...everyone would be a NED earning the bucks!! Trust me...no matter where you are in this business, we all host pity parties! It's tough to pull up my big girl panties!!

In my other job I oversee 8 kitchens with 47 employees. When I promoted from assistant manager to head of the whole enchillata...I had to remind employees that I had spent much more time "not the boss". I started out as a dishwasher in a restaurant, my first job after college was McDonalds and I had to give them the perspective of knowing that the person that stood there in front of them, did not pop into this world a director (that is my other job title too!). Anything worth acheiving takes hard work if we are to appreciate it once we acheive it.

:eek: I have to keep remembering that when it comes to losing weight!!!:eek:

I know, I know, but this site is way more fun!

I am so inspired I wish it wasn't 11:16 here right now because I would be on the phone right NOW!!!!

thanks
Heather

Thanks for the suggestion!!!

Ginny thanks for this kick in the pants... I need it, and for some reason i take it to heard more when it's not someone in my upline. I am going to print this up and take it to work with me tomorrow so I can redo my list of 100 on my company's time :)

I'd also love to hear what you said to your calls... TIA!

OK - this is an omen!!! I was cleaning out some of my notebooks yesterday and I JUST threw away my ORIGINAL list of 100 - too weird:rolleyes:

OK---OK I am digging in my paper recycle and ..... there it is - I will revise and get on the phone - thanks for being the echoing voice reminding me what I NEED to be doing!!:)

Thanks Ginny

You can get a new list of 100 from the Printable Materials CD and start afresh!

DebbieJ said:
Ginny,

You took the words out of my mouth. I made calls today and booked two shows. So not the stellar results you got, but still more than I had.

You'll have to share what you're saying on your calls. Please! :)

That's 2 more bookings than you had though right Deb? I appauld yu for taking what I said into ACTION!!!

Ginny

Paige Dixon said:
I know, I know, but this site is way more fun!

It's alot more fun to do a party and watch a team grow for me. Besides when it comes to paying bills and going on PC trips...sorry, love you guys but my PC business wins hands down!!!

What do you say when you call people? I am still new at this and I don't want my friends to think I'm being pushy.

BookingsAttached are some scripts that I have and some of these may have come from Ginny. Thanks Ginny for your encouragement. You always have something good to say!

Ann r.

Attachments

• booking_script[1].doc
    22 KB · Views: 562
  • call script.doc
    28 KB · Views: 516
  • customercarecalls[1].doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 392
I love to talk ~ can you tell? It's LONGGGGGGGGGG ! ! !You folks have MADE MY DAY! When I started PC in Dec of 2000 ~ my recruiter AND Director were much of NOTHING. Everything I knew and learned were from suggestions like these boards. Then I went to my 1st conference in 2001 ~ that was an OMG experience for me. EVERYONE I talked to were soooooooo helpful (didn't have NSED back then, but the SED were helpful, down to earth and even gave me their cards!) ~ I was so impressed I vowed to help others.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO glad you didn't take it the wrong way ~ I was afraid you'd take my post as a "geez you guys, stop whining, do something about it!" Well, it kind of was LOL ~ but it sounds like I got my point across.

Now, my numbers are deceiving since I've been in the biz for over 6 years. My customer base is HUGE.

1) So I called my FOR SURE WILL BOOK A PARTY first. Why? It gets my confidence up (up even after 6+ yrs, the phone phoba is still there ~ I'm NO different that YOU!)
2) You've got to sound EXCITED while talking to them ~ why? Who is their right mind wants to book a party with someone who is just talking in a polite/meek manner? What kind of party are YOU going to have? BE EXCITED!

Okay you've asked for scripts (you know you can get scripts right off of Consultant's Corner too ~ right?)

(anything in CAPS, I stress that word(s):

"Hey Suzy ~ this is Ginny, YOUR Pampered Chef lady! Do you have a few minutes? (wait for an answer)

Yes answer: (if the answer is no --> see my respond below)
"Great! Are you enjoying this incredible weather we're having? (wait, listen, and respond ~ reply if needed) "I'm just loving daylight saving and getting that extra hour to enjoy this incredible weather, aren't you?" (wait, listen, and respond)

[I'm asking questions that I'm expecting YES answers to ~ I want the YESES to come out of their mouths before I go for the kill! LOL]

"I just wanted to share with you PC just came out with a AWESOME new Spring catalog LOADED with over 40 INCREDIBLE new products! We've got some YUMMY new recipes I'd love to share with you, your family and friends. Our new Taste of the Tropics recipes are so much fun, we can have a FUN luau party ~ How's that sound ~" (wait, listen, and respond)

Yes answer ~ "FANTASTIC, I've got _____ and ____ available, which one works best for you?" (Make SURE you have the next 2 dates YOU want to book handy. If those two dates don't work, you can just work it out. Most of the bookings will take one of the two dates since they know I've got a busy schedule ~ even if I don't ~ I make it sound like I do (I'm not lying just make it sound like I'm busy) ~ CREATE THE SENSE OF URGENCY!!!)

"That's great ~ so I've got you on my calendar for _____@7:00 PM. I'll be sending you your host packet in the next few days. (or if they book months out, I'll tell them I'll sen it a month before)."

"Between now and the time you get your host packet, there's ONE thing I want you do to. I want YOU to have a BEST party ever!" (If they're a repeat host, I'll challenge them to beat their last party total and offer a free gift if they do ~ I know you are going to ask me what I offer ~ depends...what the party total is. Usually I'll pay for something they've chosen to purchase that's worth 30% of their party total = $1000 party, she'll get a $20 product from me) "Don't you?" (wait, listen, respond) "Of course you do! Well, I'm going to tell you how to do it. If you write down 40-60 names of your family and friends. Okay, don't freak out, because less than half will actually come. So this is the goal I want YOU to set for YOUR BEST PARTY EVER! Does that sound like something you can do?" (wait, listen, respond - if they have a hard time thinking of that many...I'll tell them I'll send them a sheet that will help them think of at least 50 ~ 50 guests in 5 minutes)

"Thanks Suzy for booking a party with me ~ I'm SOOOOOOO excited to see how much FREE and discount tools you'll be getting in your kitchen! As a thank you, I'll be sending you a GREAT recipe too!"

No answer:
First you want to clairfy ~ does "no" mean not now or never? I use those words too!
"No problem Suzy, but do you mean no, not right now or no never?" (wait, listen, respond)
"Do you know anyone who might want to have a party? Because I give referral gifts too!" (wait, listen, respond)
"Can I send you a new recipe? I'd love to share one with you" (wait, listen, respond ~ I ALWAYS want to end my conversation on a POSITIVE note ~ makes him/her not feel uncomfortable ~ plus the positive yes I'd like a recipe ~ gives you the yes answer you've been wanting! Make sense? You go on to the next call knowing he/she last answer was YES!)

I'm sure there are better scripts...the on on CCorner is great too! My BEST advice is

DO IT! and BE EXCITED when you make the calls

Booking don't come by osmosis! Good luck!

Ginny

I hope you're not throwing out your prize drawing slips!Because these are the crutch to my calls! How long do I keep them? I don't throw them away until they absolutely, positively tell me NOT to call them back!

These are GREAT for the list of 100 ~

Ginny

Ginny, you're the best! Can't wait to hang out in SF!

just booked another for May!

DebbieJ said:
just booked another for May!

There you go guys ~ Deb's getting on the phone and getting those bookings!

That's 3 for Deb ~ anyone want to challenge her?

Post your results! I love this!!!

Let's see who can get the most bookings by Saturday ~ ready, set go!!!

Ginny

Oohhh--it's ON!!!

DebbieJ said:
Oohhh--it's ON!!!

Oh I LOVE it Deb!
I can tell you've taken this suggestion to heart ~

Can you hear the EXCITEMENT she has? Now that's what I'm talking about!!!
Ginny

Nothing like a little friendly competition. :)

I have a show tonight but tomorrow ds is at school ALL DAY so some of you who work during the day better get on the phone tonight!

Okay, I'm just now getting on the boards and there is no way that I have enough time as you all! I obviously can't make calls now and tomorrow night I have a show. Then Friday we're going to Disney World until Sunday evening. Oh well, I do have tomorrow during the day to eat tape!!! I WILL DO IT!!!!:D

PampMomof3 said:
Okay, I'm just now getting on the boards and there is no way that I have enough time as you all! I obviously can't make calls now and tomorrow night I have a show. Then Friday we're going to Disney World until Sunday evening. Oh well, I do have tomorrow during the day to eat tape!!! I WILL DO IT!!!!:D

Glad to hear it ~ when I first started reading your reply ~ I was going to reply ~ "are you choosing NOT to Kristi?" LOL

Just goes to show you ~ if there's a WILL there's a WAY!!!

Ginny

That's right GInny! I have a show tomorrow with 15 guests so I need to pack for that, get host packets and my lapboards ready but I will find time for it!!! They are a money maker!!!:D :D

I booked FOUR SHOWS at my show tonight. Does that count?!?! ;)

Counts in my book! Way to go!!!

Thank-you!Thanks so much for posting this Ginny! Once again, you have helped to give me the kick in the pants I need. I think we all tend to forget the phone is our friend and cash register!

DebbieJ said:
I booked FOUR SHOWS at my show tonight. Does that count?!?! ;)
That's only happened 1 or 2x for me before, how did ya do it Deb?

Please share!

Quick version....have to go get ds from school....

I came with the recipe already prepared. I had everyone go around introducing themselves and their favorite PC product--asking them if it was easy to use, easy to clean, and would they recommend it to friends. All the while we were finding the page of that product in teh catalog, which allowed for cross selling and pointing out other tools. I told them that I knew they were there for fun and to catch up and that hosting a party is easy...even if you're busy, if you don't have a few hours to have some friends and family over, then you aren't spending enough time with teh people that are most important to you.. (I have the exact verbage that I can cut and paste later)

I passed out the recipe I brought and quickly went over how I made it.

Then I went over the big four collections--cookware, stoneware, forged cutlery, and simple additions--and just added to what others had said about it earlier. Then did drawing slips and everyone got to visit and eat more.

I also asked EVERYONE at checkout. Two of those bookings were from people who checked no.

Wow, awesome... did you get this idea from Tom Marshtons cooking show? I thought I read someone's notes who attended his party and he did the same outline! I have to try this, since I will be doing a party for the 3rd time with a hostess with the same group of people, it will definitely be different for them this way!

Do you normally do your shows this way?? Just curiuos?

TIA!

This was my first time trying it and I'm going to run with it for a while, I think.

I'll still offer the "Food Network" version for crowds that are newer to PC, though.

Thanks for sharing Deb, I will definitely have to try it!

Okay I've been gone for a few days...

Who wins the prize?

Post total bookings you got !

Ginny

I've gotten 4 bookings from 4 calls!

Last night I held my team meeting and for a second time this year, I am holding a Team Challenge. I have challenged my team to make 3 contacts a day (or more if they need to take a day off) and they can earn PC dollars for booking, recruiting (they have to be qualified by the end of July). I did an informal one in January and they say it really helped them. I am dangling a larger carrot this time, however, so I am hoping to get their calendars filled through June to carry them into and through the summer.

Keep picking up that phone!! The business IS there...just hard to find sometimes.:(

OH MY!! OH MY!! I am the happiest person ever! I just started calling my new 100 list... and I have made 9 calls and have set 8 bookings!!! WooHoo!! Gotta get back on the phone!!!

Soo... I ended the evening with 9 bookings! Not bad for sitting in my PJ's sipping on coffee!! I absolutely love this site!! I highly suggest you do the list of 100!! I haven't been in the PC business very long, but this strategy sure did fill up my calendar for the next few months!!

Hi Ginny,
I'm a new consultant and still trying to get bookings, my list of 100 is only 26 people, I have no family near by and my friends (which I thought would do a show, don't want to).
What do you say to people to book a show? How do you ask? How do you brake the ice? I'm still a nervous about asking people, I guess no one likes reject! I'm excited about the business but concern I don't know enough people. Anymore suggestions?

be a walking or rolling advertisement. carry a pc bag,wear a shirt or button,put a sign on your car. when people mention busy schedules,say something about it being easier for you now that you are your own boss. make flyers to leave around town at grocery stores or anywhere else that offers bulletin boards. remember that when you sound excited about what you do that others will pick up on it and want to share.

Most of my friends wouldn't do one at first, either. I am slowly changing that by bringing food to moms club events, esp the cooking club. The more I talk about it in regular conversation, the more intrigued they're becoming. So don't give up on them. When I talk to people about doing a show, I word it so I'm helping them, not vice a versa. Which is really the case when you think about how much they get out of it!!!

I am also struggling to get shows for this month so I can earn the mid-season products. To ensure I make it (I'm close), I decided to do a kids cooking show with invitations to my daughter's preschool families. I'm really nervous since I don't know any of them, but I figure it can't hurt! I'm hoping it will lead to bookings, on top of sales to reach my goal!

I'm also donating some baked goods for a March of Dimes fundraiser in our city, and including my contact info. It will get my name out there! :D

Good luck!

1. How can I get more bookings for my Pampered Chef business?

The best way to get more bookings is to constantly update and expand your list of potential hosts and customers. Make sure to reach out to at least 15-20 people a night and be persistent in following up until you get a live person on the phone. Also, be enthusiastic and highlight the fun and convenience of hosting a party with Pampered Chef.

2. How can I secure a booking while on the phone?

When talking to potential hosts, be sure to mention specific dates that you have available and encourage them to secure a date as soon as possible. Emphasize the benefits of hosting a party and let them know that you will take care of all the cooking and cleaning while they enjoy the company of their friends and family.

3. How often should I update my list of potential hosts and customers?

It is recommended to update your list of 100 potential hosts and customers at least every six months. This will ensure that your list stays current and gives you the opportunity to reach out to new people who may be interested in hosting a party or purchasing Pampered Chef products.

4. Is it important to follow up with people who do not answer the phone?

Yes, it is important to follow up with people who do not answer the phone. Leave a friendly message and continue to call back until you are able to speak with a live person. You never know who may be interested in hosting a party or placing an order, so it's worth the effort to keep trying.

5. How important is it to consistently make phone calls for my Pampered Chef business?

Consistently making phone calls is crucial for the success of your Pampered Chef business. The more calls you make, the more chances you have of getting bookings and orders. Treat your business like a numbers game and challenge yourself to reach out to as many people as possible each day. Remember to stay enthusiastic and focused on the benefits of hosting a party with Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
vsweet01
  • RoseAndrews
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
Replies